Mordhau

Nerf Lunge

Knight 881 892
  • 9 Jun
 afiNity

This is not the first topic about this subject but I didn't want to necro.
To make it short, I think the lunge (the speed boost you get when you make an attack) needs to be nerfed.
The lunge makes it harder to judge distance and it negates (to some degree) the differences between the weapon-lengths.
When you compare it to Chivalry, the lunge is much more prominent in Mordhau and while Mordhau does almost everything better than Chivalry, variety in weapons and footwork is something Chivalry did better.
If I'm not mistaken the lunge was already nerfed in the alpha but it should be nerfed even more tbh

30 19
  • 9 Jun
 Cence

Are you sure? I'm by no means great at the game, but I sometimes already find it difficult to hit someone with 1/1/1 armour while I have 3/3/3 and he runs away from me. The chase mechanic got nerfed, and if lunge also gets nerfed that would really suck for 3/3/3 players.

Knight 881 892
  • 9 Jun
 afiNity

I play mostly with heavy armor and I wouldn't mind if 3/3/3 players had a harder time. I would argue the other way around and say that with the lunge, there is no real reason not to pick heavy armor. It makes it way too easy to cover distance.

3 3
  • 12 Jun
 ChaiFox

I would love it if there was a reason to not pick heavy armor. Its always felt kind of bs that picking light armor gives you less protection (duh) AND make no different in escaping the big chungus with a zweihander that tries to chase you down.

I'd like to see:

1. penalty to chase speed based on armor
  2. penalty to lunge based on armor
302 305
  • 13 Jun
 Deadmode

It's not difficult to run in plate irl, you will just tire sooner. Quick bursts of speed would be near identicle to light armour.

Saying that you see no benefit of light against heavy; have you seen how quickly a 1/1/1 can get behind you or your parry box and sometimes even beat your turncap, compared to 3/3/3?

Personally, I think it feels pretty good as is.

110 109
  • 13 Jun
 Dialectic

@Deadmode said:
It's not difficult to run in plate irl, you will just tire sooner. Quick bursts of speed would be near identicle to light armour.

Saying that you see no benefit of light against heavy; have you seen how quickly a 1/1/1 can get behind you or your parry box and sometimes even beat your turncap, compared to 3/3/3?

Personally, I think it feels pretty good as is.

I agree. It's about footwork more than running away

8 0
  • 13 Jun
 Sutr

My only real complaint about lunge is that if you have any lag or packet loss it looks very much like rubber banding. When your starting out it screws with your sense of weapon range. Not sold it should be removed just wish there was a way to make it look smoother.

130 110
  • 13 Jun
 DrGert

@Sutr said:
My only real complaint about lunge is that if you have any lag or packet loss it looks very much like rubber banding. When your starting out it screws with your sense of weapon range. Not sold it should be removed just wish there was a way to make it look smoother.

If you’re getting pocket loss you should stop playing until whatever is causing it gets corrected or try to fix it if it’s on your end. Lunge or not, if your lagging that bad you’d lose the majority of fights anyways.

8 0
  • 14 Jun
 Sutr

@DrGert said:

@Sutr said:

If you’re getting pocket loss you should stop playing until whatever is causing it gets corrected or try to fix it if it’s on your end. Lunge or not, if your lagging that bad you’d lose the majority of fights anyways.

Its only official servers that I get high ping and packet loss but I still tend to do okay. Unofficial I play I do well on. The real bitch is not knowing your own feint or morph windows due to input lag windows. On the handaxe I have to stop it right away on official while I can wait till the windup is almost complete on normal.