Mordhau

Patch 6 Crossroads was better

90 78
  • 8 Jun '19
 SushiFish

The hidden map found by activating console commands back in Patch 6 showed much more promise than the crap we ended up with as a official release in Patch 7.

Patch 6 was a open field where each team spawned far away from each other, there were plenty of horses so this map could sort of simulate a Cavalry On Cavalry fight, which could have been an interesting map for cavalry warfare.
But as of Patch 7, it ended up with a ugly King of the hill style map with a hideous looking fort in the middle of the map. So the whole focus around cavalry battles from patch 6 to patch 7 is forever ruined since the control point on the map is on the top tower of the fort, which horses can't really reach efficiently, nor can you cap while mounted either.

Just a huge disappointment. It would have been fun with a open battlefield map with horses as the main focus.

Was Crossroads the 'siege map' we were promised a couple of months ago?

Duke 154 208
  • 8 Jun '19
 .Wolf-

Free content.
Cries.

140 221
  • 8 Jun '19
 DylanS_98

I like it. I think it's the best FL / pseudo KotH map right now. It mixes everything people like about the game, without one overtaking the other like it is in every other FL map.

What are these things exactly?

1. Mounted
  2. Siege Weapons
  3. Zerging

First off, Crossroads has 24 mounts on it in total (could be wrong so correct me anyone if you'd like.) So if you like to play mounted you literally should be cumming in your pants with excitement. You finally get to have your cavalry battles either in closer quarters or open fields.

But guess what? Us players that dislike being flinched by horses, the one-shot bull shit, and the sometimes near impossible countering of the longer weapons used on horseback.. we don't have to deal with it anymore. We can just run up into the fort and enjoy our melee combat.

Siege weapons? They're all on here. Even with a new one. But guess what? They're not overpowering. Yet they're still effective.

Zerging? You can try, but with so many places to jump onto, escape, etc. It's almost hard to flood over people in this map. It feels SO good playing on this map that I'm going to say this was a complete SUCCESS as a map in my eyes. This is exactly how the maps should be balanced from now on.

Everything present - but not one overwhelming the other.

9 13
  • 9 Jun '19
 dpmagician

@.Wolf- said:

Free content.
Cries.

What do you mean free,he bought the game i think XD

90 78
  • 9 Jun '19
 SushiFish

@.Wolf- said:

Free content.
Cries.

Shit post elsewhere, and afaik its even against the rules.
As far as I am concerned, the game was forced to be released in a unfinished state back in May due to financial issues, and we are still waiting for them to polish the game.

@DylanS_98 ,
I personally hate cavalry in Mordhau since they are so annoying to deal with, and it feels like they are always around on certain FL maps, and I also feel like you just completely missed my point about the fact that in Patch 6, we use to have a specific unique map, whose primary objective was to make a open field fight on horseback.

Imagine the potential if they turned this into a skirmish map, where each round you have to charge from the horseback, instead we ended up with this awkward fort in the middle of it all, horrible spawn points. The map has a lot of glitchy spots and just feels unpolished. rushed if anything.

Big disappointment overall.

80 117
  • 9 Jun '19
 PinkerStinklage

First game I joined as blue, the spawn was a mess of horses and billhooks. When I finally managed to make my way towards the middle point, I was met with two naked people carrying nothing but firebombs.

Nah man, I think I'll pass on this one.

274 322
  • 9 Jun '19
 DrGert

I like small arena type maps but firebomb spamming make this one too chaotic cuz the map is one giant choke point and Your only option is to drop down into the shark infested waters below.

On the other hand, when playing a match where there’s little to no firebomb use I find it a lot of fun.