Mordhau

New Patch is really bad

119 78
 Cence

This feedback is for Frontline, Duels are not really affected.

• Light Armour speed buff + Chase Mechanic nerf = Absolute cancer in Frontline where you can't properly chase someone down.
  • Archers received a buff in a melee combat game. Really?
  • Javelins doing 50 damage to body is ridiculous. They are being thrown all over the place and sometimes hit you randomly.
  • Instead of buffing shields please rework them so they require more skill to use and are less cancerous in Frontline.
  • Horse map in Frontline is absolute cancer. Please think of making this an entirely seperate gamemode. Horse vs Horse combat is cool, but randomly getting annihilated by 3 horses rushing the center point is ridiculous.

All in all this patch has made me quit Frontline alltogether. I usually spend 50/50 on Duels and Frontline, but the latter has essentially received a cancer buff. Horses, shields, javelins, worse chase mechanic...

Most people on Discord seem to share the same opinion. Please rethink the changes you have made and what kind of meta you have created in the game which is now almost entirely ruled by randomness - at least that is the feeling I have when playing Frontline now.

I am still in top 5 of the scoreboard most of the time, however, the fun I have in the game has diminished significantly. Please focus more on the core gameplay which is melee combat instead of experimenting with ideas that are deemed cancerous by most players.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: On top of that you buffed Eveningstar which already was in a strong position (including fucky animations). I cannot really understand why you'd do that.

192 383

if ur good at the game then none of these changes will affect you

162 124

only gripe i have is having no buffs on stabs in general considering swing manipulation were already weak comp side.

Knight 100 370
  • 8 Jun
 McMercy

This game is becoming worse and worse every fucking day. I can't go into a single goddamn duel server without seeing the same goddamn animation abuse that Chivalry had. Most of us STOPPED PLAYING CHIVALRY BECAUSE OF THIS SAME BALLERINA BULLSHIT!

What the fuck devs? You said this would NOT be a thing in this game? You SAID this game would be like Chiv, but fixed. No animation abuse, no animation exploiting bullshit, no ballerina spin to fucking win CRAP.

Yet here we are.

I am sick and goddamn tired of it. I am seriously about ready to say fuck this game and write it off as another garbage game that failed to deliver on almost every promise it gave.

On the grounds that you did NOT fulfill your promises in the game description as well as the trailers which showed NONE of this BULLSHIT, I am on the verge of demanding a refund and being done with it.

Every. Fucking. Duel. Server.

I want a statement from the devs about this crap. Tired of the exploits, tired of the fucking silence.

9 20

Lol at all the people raging over archers. Here's how to solve the archer problem Pick up a bow yourself and git gud. I'm sure you're all fine with figuring out how to counter all sorts of melee opponents but you're too damn stubborn to learn how to kill a decent archer? Pick up a fucking bow and shoot him back.

Baron 724 1304

A well designed game fits together perfectly like a puzzle. Each system interacting to balance out the rest. In Mordhau we have a bunch of noticeably individually developed systems that use contrived arbitrary rules to crudely stick them together to make a disappointingly artificial feeling gameworld, that despite all the immersion breaking sacrafices, is barely functional as a combat system anyway.

3 5
  • 8 Jun
 Mountainx

You just sound like a salty idiot complaining like that, how many times do you need to say cancer? the map is new and it's actually good. Archers didn't need a buff that's about the only point that was decent, everything else ... trash. People might listen if you don't go on a rant and just give constructive feedback.

3 5
  • 8 Jun
 Mountainx

McMercy: It's not really a big deal, you can't get a refund after 2 hours of playing a steam game and they delivered on everything are you low IQ or something? just talking shit.

119 78
 Cence

@SherbershLemel said:
if ur good at the game then none of these changes will affect you

That is a really fucking elitist statement. By the way, throwables and horses coming out of nowhere in Frontline is pure randomness and has nothing to do with how good you are at the game.

@Mountainx said:
You just sound like a salty idiot complaining like that, how many times do you need to say cancer? the map is new and it's actually good. Archers didn't need a buff that's about the only point that was decent, everything else ... trash. People might listen if you don't go on a rant and just give constructive feedback.

Yes, I am on a rant because I love the game and don't want to see bad changes. The new map is essentially the center point which is well designed, I agree. But why can we not have a seperate game mode for horse combat? I think that would be fun, while Frontline would not degenerate to a chaos mode with throwable meta.

9 20

@Mountainx said:
McMercy: It's not really a big deal, you can't get a refund after 2 hours of playing a steam game and they delivered on everything are you low IQ or something? just talking shit.

I actually cannot believe how stupid you are. Seriously, you are so stupid it's honestly fucking stunning. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the fucking neutrons have collapsed. Stupid that has gotten so fucking dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire fucking galaxy emits in one year. Quasar stupid. Your post literally has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this retarded. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original Big Bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so fucking refined and uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I’m sorry. I literally can’t go on. This is the epiphany of stupid for me. Please, do mankind a favour and never post anything ever again, you utter fucking waste of oxygen. Fuck you.

382 575
  • 8 Jun
 smug

They didn't really buff archers that much