Mordhau

Crossroads is a joke

741 554
  • 11 Jul
 esturias

@Rigatoni Meatball said:
The cavalry barely matter on crossroads if you are playing on the point. They barely ever stop me from getting there. The map is far more balanced that people's ability to avoid anecdotes, hot takes, and shitting on Occam's razor.

And it was necessary to necro this thread just to leave that line of text?

64 35

When I saw the map, I thought, "What a fucking joke". The surrounding fields look like a flat green grassland from gmod. It literally feels empty no pun intended.

71 49
  • 11 Jul
  Seymour

Why did the person walk across Crossroads?

To get to the other side.

129 181
  • 11 Jul
 CatR

I like Crossroads.

67 92
  • 11 Jul
 SoRoofless

Crossroads is one of the worst multiplayer maps I’ve seen in any game.

1409 1480

If Crossroads is a joke, why is everyone sad when they think about it?
Checkmate, atheists!

26 17
  • 11 Jul
 Nauht

@SWSeriousMike said:
If Crossroads is a joke, why is everyone sad when they think about it?
Checkmate, atheists!

We're sad cos after waiting for more content from the devs when we do get it, it's a fucking joke of a shit map.

214 178
  • 11 Jul
 Dialectic

Crossroads is torture

274 320
  • 12 Jul
 DrGert

@CatR said:
I like Crossroads.

You are disgusting and you make me sick

717 594

stockholm syndrome is a crazy thing

138 218
  • 12 Jul
 DylanS_98

I used to like and defend crossroads. But they somehow made it worse and it is by far my second most hated map. First place goes to Mountain Peak.

The horses, poor objectives, and painfully hard to play on maps has gradually made me lose interest. Joining duel servers and setting up private skrims is alright but damn does it get stale quick.

Sorry for the small rant. Crossroads is indeed shit now.

132 48
  • 12 Jul
 Highlander

@Mountainx said:
I'm new here but the outrage over a free map is ridicilous. True the spawn points aren't great but you can easily kill cavalry with a billhook or use spikes. It's a nice change from the normal maps / modes .. maybe even refreshing.

That isn’t true, there is no way to protect spawn with spikes even if you have 3 Engis ( I’ve tried ). And while the billhook does have an advantage against horsemen with its one shot body dismount, it gets destroyed by a horse spear every single time because it simply cannot match the range + insta kill. and with most crossroad horse guys using spears the billhook becomes pretty useless unless the rider is dumb.

While people shouldn’t cry about the map I can understand why, with literally five minutes of player testing you would see that just leaving spawn is a shitshow and the fort bridges are the perfect place to abuse the fuck out of firebombs and buildings, just some fucking dumb ass shit in general

741 554
  • 12 Jul
 esturias

@Mountainx said:
I'm new here but the outrage over a free map is ridicilous. True the spawn points aren't great but you can easily kill cavalry with a billhook or use spikes. It's a nice change from the normal maps / modes .. maybe even refreshing.

Missed that post...

1. How is the map being "free" any relevant here?
  2. Not only the spawnpoints are bad. That map is something that a 14yo kind would come up using modding tools. The idea about having one single fortified flagpoint with fights going vertically on small platforms is fine, but the execution failed on so many levels, both mapdesign in general and balance. Bonuspoints for the map perfectly catering to many problems and balancing issues that get reported.
  3. If the riders are that "easily" to kill... how comes that many of them still leave the round with >40 kills and <5 deaths or similar?

Honestly, I like to play this map every now and then to slay some statspadding riders, but everyone with the slightest understanding of gamebalance will understand why this is a bad map.

Duke 547 912
  • 12 Jul
 Goatie

I bet crush made Crossroads