that thing you guys like about maps

where you progress through them towards the enemy base to win

yeah we don't got that here

that thing a lot of you hate

youknow

cavalry

yeah we got a lot of it

hope you like glorified king of the hill

and spawning into cavalry since the spawn points are unprotected for some fucking reason

also I really hope you like it when one team steals all the cavalry.

367 341
 Peacerer

Well, it looks like some 15 year old teenager would mess half an hour with payed assets in UE4. Piss filter is really nice for our eyes, thou.

Knight 934 941
88 187
 Dekkers

Yep, like I said in a previous topic: if the devs are smart they'll release mapping tools, rather than releasing jokes like Crossroads that they call a map

47 70
  • 8 Jun
 Drummel

Crossroads reminds me of the dreams I had as a child having a tree fort fight. The concept is great, but once again, zero concept of map balance. They put one team closer to the next point...again.

Otherwise it's a fun little map to screw around in with FFA's or FL.

funland2therefunening? Not so much, it's a weird carnival for the mentally insane with the exception of the jousting arena

funland_grator? There is one MAJOR reason I love this one.
flail.jpg
Does this mean we are actually going to get Flails?! Ooh please please!

162 124

why did they nerf the stab release for zwei, it just defeats the purpose of having a drag weapon become less of a drag weapon

zwei was ok, it struggled in duels, but with the amount of stab nerfs, rest in peace

same with spear,etc....

162 104

We didnt have a horse only map until now, now we have one, which is great and fills a gap.

But the inside of the ruins is a bit to small for multiple horses passing through.

Duke 552 936
  • 8 Jun
 Goatie

Honestly I think it's pretty clear that it's filler content while they finish the two new maps. Crossroads is everything I hate about Frontline rolled into one bland and blinding map.

179 106

Now I got to play that crap on frontline because people vote for it, even though it's a complete pile of crap, a game killer.

Why release sub par standard stuff.

62 153

Crossroads made me vote for Taiga.

3 5
  • 8 Jun
 Mountainx

I'm new here but the outrage over a free map is ridicilous. True the spawn points aren't great but you can easily kill cavalry with a billhook or use spikes. It's a nice change from the normal maps / modes .. maybe even refreshing.

Knight 7709 14196

I just don't know why this filler map was pushed out first instead of Feitoria.

4 15
  • 8 Jun
 missionAvs

This map is absolutely awful. Really have no clue what they were thinking. 10000000 fucking horses that can easily ride through the supposed fortress and screw up whatever engagements are being held by infantry within. Not to mention that they can still just ride up the ramps and over obstacles without a fucking care in the world. Map has horrible spawns too and the only dumb point capture in the middle just turns into fire bombs galore. Very dumb map IMO and I agree with the poster before who mentioned that they should just give us the tools for the community to make their own maps.

2 6

Alright, wtf? Is this update a joke? I was so excited for added content and balancing but they couldn't have released a worse map. The one thing everyone hates is horses and they make a map with 20 fucking horses. It is making me not want to play the game because there is no way to filter it out in the queue. Awful map.

4 15

@CrustyNugget said:
Alright, wtf? Is this update a joke? I was so excited for added content and balancing but they couldn't have released a worse map. The one thing everyone hates is horses and they make a map with 20 fucking horses. It is making me not want to play the game because there is no way to filter it out in the queue. Awful map.

Tell me about it brother. This map fucking blows major horse dick (literally).

398 593
 smug

Horses came from the same devs that hated chiv archery. I wonder if they empathize with Torn Banner somewhat right now.

179 106

@Mountainx said:
I'm new here but the outrage over a free map is ridicilous. True the spawn points aren't great but you can easily kill cavalry with a billhook or use spikes. It's a nice change from the normal maps / modes .. maybe even refreshing.

Being free doesn't impact the map at all, if people don't like it, they don't like it. You could just add loads of unfinished junk to the game and then say well it's free, what do you expect, the game would die fast.

People are saying it is just a filler map until 2 other ones are released but I feel they shouldn't have added it to the vote, they should have just had 24/7 crossroad servers.

5 3
  • 10 Jun
 Speed Weed

I think it would be a great map for Horde.
Imagine fighting giants in that wacky tree house! or slaying dozens of level 3 knights with the mortar! the design of the map demands a horde mode!

Mordhau devs, if you're reading this, PLEASE release a Horde mode for this map!

4 5
  • 10 Jun
 Tatepon

Idk im fine with it. There should be a bit better counter for cav than other cav tho.

Most horsemen are retarded tho, they charge in a straight line into infantry and well, javelining them is so damn easy this way.

Much satisfaction to get hits on them with jav when they are couching and trying to lance you.

When its crossroads, im a dedicated cav hunter and have downed so many horsemen this way.

10 7
  • 10 Jun
 Tictakjoe

@Mountainx said:

I wouldn't say anyone is outraged, but releasing an absolutely pathetic piece of shodwork into the rotation, where it will almost certainly be played over the other much better maps, just makes the game worse. This thing should not have seen the light of day.