Mordhau

Unfair move with family sharing

1 3

Either create an effective anti-cheat system or do those ban waves if you prefer but dont punish people who play fair with removing family share option because it's simply unfair.

1 1
  • 10 Jun
 EgoKat

Me and my husband use family sharing as we only have one computer and can't play together. Now, I can't play the game, which sucks. What is this collective punishment that disable non-cheaters as well?
I wanted to buy this game when I'll be able to afford a pc for myself, but now I probably will not - this anti-cheat decision left a bitter taste in my mouth.

1 0
  • 10 Jun
 RatBastard

No anti-cheat in place upon release. Then a ban wave that banned thousands of innocent people. Now this. What next?

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fix, or at least minimalize, hacking for real because these half-measures are not effective, or fair, or right.

88 64
  • 10 Jun
 Threule

@MercenaryDbD said:
Either create an effective anti-cheat system or do those ban waves if you prefer but dont punish people who play fair with removing family share option because it's simply unfair.

Wait, did I understand that they removed FS for this game?

2 2
  • 11 Jun
 rookwood101

@Threule said:

@MercenaryDbD said:

Wait, did I understand that they removed FS for this game?

Yeah they did. Hopefully this is only a temporary solution. Family sharing works really well for people with only one computer, who just want to keep track of progress separately.

33 34
  • 11 Jun
 Bmufumac

bruh just share one account

33 34
  • 11 Jun
 Bmufumac

@RatBastard said:
No anti-cheat in place upon release. Then a ban wave that banned thousands of innocent people. Now this. What next?

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fix, or at least minimalize, hacking for real because these half-measures are not effective, or fair, or right.

the banwave banned 2000 people, most of whom were cheating

67 40
  • 12 Jun
 Kuro1n

@EgoKat said:
Me and my husband use family sharing as we only have one computer and can't play together. Now, I can't play the game, which sucks. What is this collective punishment that disable non-cheaters as well?
I wanted to buy this game when I'll be able to afford a pc for myself, but now I probably will not - this anti-cheat decision left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It left a bitter taste in your mouth that they are doing what they can to deal with cheaters? Sounds like you are just stingy with your money. Get the game first if you actually like it and enjoy a experience with less cheaters instead of bitching about it. I just see you whining and not giving any feasible solutions to the problem.

382 575
  • 12 Jun
 smug

Family share is fine if it’s being used legitimately(2 people on the same pc etc)

67 40
  • 12 Jun
 Kuro1n

@smug said:
Family share is fine if it’s being used legitimately(2 people on the same pc etc)

Problem is, how do you make sure it isn't being used for cheating? I think it's possible for bans by the devs but separate server owners can't do shit.

34 63

@EgoKat said:

if you only have one computer, why do you need family sharing? just use his steam account to play the game, or buy a second copy on your own steam account. you don't need another computer.

your story is probably made up though.

156 128

I think it's complete bullshit that more and more games are removing family sharing. I family share games with my wife and her to me so we don't generally have to buy more than one copy of a game unless it's something we want to play coop or whatever (like Borderlands). This game specifically, we both got, but the practice of removing the feature is getting alarming.

I love how all these fucks are defending this too saying shit like "JUsT buY ThE GaEM BrUH!!!"

Apparently ya'll forgot that back in the day when you bought a game, it didn't matter how many computers you installed it on, or with console, how many consoles you played the game on. You bought the game, you could take that bitch over to your friends house and install it on HIS computer if you wanted to!

Now, you buy a game, even if you're in a family, you have to buy a separate game for EACH person who wants to play it, and this is doubly true if you want to play coop--because even with Family Share, you two can't be on the game at the same time.

Ya'll need to wake up. Gaming industry has been pinching us like Mafia overlords for YEARS now, and you lie down and let it happen! Why defend this crap? It's like games no longer having local multiplayer on consoles now. It's just a bid to force families to buy multiple consoles if they want to actually enjoy a game together!

Ya'll defending these practices make me sick.

I get something needs to be done about cheaters, just going to reiterate that. I get it, especially in a MP game like this one, which is why I try to cut Mordhau some slack. That said, removing family share is just a crappy bandaid to the hacker problem and the devs need to get their shit together and stop doing banwaves then unbanning the people banned in the first place!

Mercenary 28 29
  • 12 Jun
 uniVerse

@alonesilverwolf said:
I love how all these fucks are defending this too saying shit like "JUsT buY ThE GaEM BrUH!!!"

Apparently ya'll forgot that back in the day when you bought a game, it didn't matter how many computers you installed it on, or with console, how many consoles you played the game on. You bought the game, you could take that bitch over to your friends house and install it on HIS computer if you wanted to!

Not going to lie, this is pretty ignorant. Back in the day you had a CD that was required to be loaded in order to play. That was their way of preventing what you claim. If you got around that it was because of technical limitations, not because they wanted you to be able to.

Also, anyone complaining about family sharing being disabled in a MP game, what are you really thinking? SP games should be fine to family share, CO-OP is probably the best example of games that should be able to family share. MP games, not so much! Buy the game or cry salty tears.

156 128

@uniVerse said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

Not going to lie, this is pretty ignorant. Back in the day you had a CD that was required to be loaded in order to play. That was their way of preventing what you claim. If you got around that it was because of technical limitations, not because they wanted you to be able to.

Also, anyone complaining about family sharing being disabled in a MP game, what are you really thinking? SP games should be fine to family share, CO-OP is probably the best example of games that should be able to family share. MP games, not so much! Buy the game or cry salty tears.

Wow you must have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old. I literally said I can cut Mordhau some slack as it's a MP game, but it's just a bandaid fix.

Before commenting stupid shit, try actually reading.

1334 1389

Salty tears it is.

985 6954
  • 12 Jun
 marox — Project Lead

@alonesilverwolf said:
I think it's complete bullshit that more and more games are removing family sharing. I family share games with my wife and her to me so we don't generally have to buy more than one copy of a game unless it's something we want to play coop or whatever (like Borderlands). This game specifically, we both got, but the practice of removing the feature is getting alarming.

Now, you buy a game, even if you're in a family, you have to buy a separate game for EACH person who wants to play it, and this is doubly true if you want to play coop--because even with Family Share, you two can't be on the game at the same time.

Ya'll need to wake up. Gaming industry has been pinching us like Mafia overlords for YEARS now, and you lie down and let it happen! Why defend this crap? It's like games no longer having local multiplayer on consoles now. It's just a bid to force families to buy multiple consoles if they want to actually enjoy a game together!

I get something needs to be done about cheaters, just going to reiterate that. I get it, especially in a MP game like this one, which is why I try to cut Mordhau some slack. That said, removing family share is just a crappy bandaid to the hacker problem and the devs need to get their shit together and stop doing banwaves then unbanning the people banned in the first place!

The problem is that we ban a person's account, but Steam lets them share it to another account and get around our ban (or vice versa), making it completely impossible for us to deny them access if they've been found cheating. We are powerless here as it's only Valve that can change how this system works.

1 0
  • 13 Jun
 Forlolz

@RatBastard said:

Not to mention when they handed out those VAC bans, their store page was advertised as not even having VAC. Surprised no upity lawyer is on them for the potential gains over falsely advertising their product.

156 128

@marox said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

The problem is that we ban a person's account, but Steam lets them share it to another account and get around our ban (or vice versa), making it completely impossible for us to deny them access if they've been found cheating. We are powerless here as it's only Valve that can change how this system works.

So why can't Valve just put an agreement in Family Share that if one person gets caught cheating, the game is banned on not only the main account, but any accounts family shared as well? Doesn't seem that hard of a thing to implement.

367 340
  • 14 Jun
 Peacerer

Posted this incase someone finds it interesting. Personally, im not well informed with what's going on about family sharing/cheating etc.

Knight 7571 13864
  • 14 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@alonesilverwolf said:

@marox said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

So why can't Valve just put an agreement in Family Share that if one person gets caught cheating, the game is banned on not only the main account, but any accounts family shared as well? Doesn't seem that hard of a thing to implement.

why the fuck are you asking him why valve isn't doing something lmao