Mordhau

If you play rapier, everyone just stabs you

11 2
  • 8 Jun '19
 Ube89

This is kinda reverse "rapier stab spam thread" since im annoyed that if i play rapier, even if i do swings too since i cant get only stabs througth everyone else just spams stab at me... i know that this is becouse rapier is meant for stabbing and maybe nothing can be do about it still i think using rapier breaks immersion since everyone just stabs you after you wield it since it counters stabs and even when i do try to swing i get stab abused... maybe since war rapiers were made to little bit wider just that they could be swinged and do slash damage we could get some incentive to do slashes with rapiers like less stab dmg and more slash dmg example? Maybe that would solve the issue and make everyone else stop stab spamming rapier users to get that counter...

11 2
  • 8 Jun '19
 Ube89

"ok i see that morning star user dashing for me probaly going to swing with his allmight my head in, ok i got my rapier i'll manage and this is going to be epic fight... i'll do couple slashes and then i go for the stab... ok now he's poking me to death with that morning star..."

Knight 108 366
  • 8 Jun '19
 Pankila

Press RMB then

11 2
  • 8 Jun '19
 Ube89

"oh now i see zweihander rushing at me...he's going to swing and swipe my head clean off... i got my rapier i got this, just a couple of slashes and then going for the stab...ok now he's stabbing me to death with that 2hander..."

11 2
  • 8 Jun '19
 Ube89

@Pankila said:
Press RMB then

Does that make everyone with every weapon stop spamming stab at me ? If not i'ts beside the point, parrying is not the answer to immersion break.

34 65

Help, getting stabbed is ruining my immersion!

549 618
  • 8 Jun '19
 Deadmode

The other reason, beside chamber attempts, that you are getting stabbed is because it's a quicker attack than most 2h swings.

A 2h swing, especially on bigger weapons like Zwei, can often be flinched by a rapier stab before their attack hits, even on ripostes. Stabbing is a good counter as it's a quicker attack and has less chance of being flinched.

This is a tactic 2h will use against fast 1h, not just rapiers.

However, I'm sorry, but you getting stabbed a lot and facing stabs is the caveat to using a fast thrusting weapon. You can't change the Rapier to promote slashing as not only would that have little effect for your issue (see arming sword and bastard sword vs 2h) but it also is not what the Rapier was for - it is a stabbing weapon.

You're also assuming what players will do completely wrong. You're looking at their loadout and anticipating what they will do. You should be anticipating what loadout they have and how they would play to counter your loadout with it, and base your tactics from that.

777 1031
  • 8 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

HELP! I KEEP TRYING TO PWN WITH THE BOW BUT EVERYONE KEEPS SHOOTING ME!

11 2
  • 8 Jun '19
 Ube89

Did i require just mocking here ? cant you see my point, it just stupid that 2 hander 1 handers only poke when facing a rapier...

777 1031
  • 8 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

yea. nah. what?

Knight 7768 14322
  • 8 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

what are you on about, just fucking kill them lmao

1948 2033
  • 8 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

But what exactly do you propose? You can always pick a bastard sword if you want stronger slashes. No need to rework the rapier for that.

Mercenary 2551 4572
  • 8 Jun '19
 SIEGE

spam stabs with a rapier, get spam-stabbed back. sounds like a good deal

549 618
  • 8 Jun '19
 Deadmode

@Ube89 said:
Did i require just mocking here ? cant you see my point, it just stupid that 2 hander 1 handers only poke when facing a rapier...

Did you completely ignore my post?

90 78
  • 8 Jun '19
 SushiFish

It's lame as fuck how chamber strikes have six directions, where stab has one. Should least be two with either left or right stab. making it too easy to chamber it.

777 1031
  • 9 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

@SushiFish said:
It's lame as fuck how chamber strikes have six directions, where stab has one. Should least be two with either left or right stab. making it too easy to chamber it.

Why should it matter what armpit you hold yur sword under for if it stops enemy sword or goes right thru

90 78
  • 9 Jun '19
 SushiFish

Game balance, and it would make sense since we do have the option between left or right stab.

If not, why don't we follow the same logic for strikes too, making it not angle dependent but side, that could solve the abuse with people body feinting or doing these weird animation manipulations which I personally don't think should take place in Mordhau, but I don't mind them too much.

80 117
  • 9 Jun '19
 PinkerStinklage

@Ube89 said:
"...ok i got my rapier i'll manage and this is going to be epic fight..."

3 2
  • 9 Jun '19
 quark

rapier and shortspear are the 2 most exploited stab weapons in game everyone knows what will happen when they see
you use them.
this might be a secret to you but only way to counter them is to chamber stab nothing else makes sense.

4 5
  • 10 Jun '19
 Tatepon

Whats the problem? If people are span stabbing you. Throw them off with a swing and get a free hit in. You land faster anyway. Then while he is on guard again start spamming stabs again.

Goal of the game is to be unpredictable. What do you expect when holding an obvious stab weapon.

Sounds like whinging is the problem and getting good is the answer.

Else equip a heater shield and problem solved.