Mordhau

This game is going downhill. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SHIT ANIMATION ABUSE

156 128

This game is becoming worse and worse every fucking day. I can't go into a single goddamn duel server without seeing the same goddamn animation abuse that Chivalry had. Most of us STOPPED PLAYING CHIVALRY BECAUSE OF THIS SAME BALLERINA BULLSHIT!

What the fuck devs? You said this would NOT be a thing in this game? You SAID this game would be like Chiv, but fixed. No animation abuse, no animation exploiting bullshit, no ballerina spin to fucking win CRAP.

Yet here we are.

I am sick and goddamn tired of it. I am seriously about ready to say fuck this game and write it off as another garbage game that failed to deliver on almost every promise it gave.

On the grounds that you did NOT fulfill your promises in the game description as well as the trailers which showed NONE of this BULLSHIT, I am on the verge of demanding a refund and being done with it.

Every. Fucking. Duel. Server.

I want a statement from the devs about this crap. Tired of the exploits, tired of the fucking silence.

Knight 554 1905

What exactly are these exploits? Do you mean dragging in general? Do you mean feints? Both are intended mechanics and are in a really good state right now.

Count 131 218
  • 8 Jun
 Pariah

Rofl, literally none of the shit that made combat in Chivalry a full blown gamblefest is in Mordhau.

Feints and morphs are readable and can be actively countered with attacks.
Drags and accels are in a good place. Look down OH's, reverse OH's and wild stab drags are practically non existent.
Desyncs seem to be a thing of the past.

Have you forgotten how bad it used to be? Mordhau is a hell of a lot better, and has intentionally implemented features to counter what made Chiv's combat so guess-heavy.

You'll run into players that try and do the same ol' stuff as chiv, but that doesn't mean it works.

What in particular are you having issues with? Can we get some videos or something?

523 566
  • 8 Jun
 Deadmode

@alonesilverwolf said:
I am on the verge of demanding a refund and being done with it.

Good luck with that.

This is just an angry rant and likely to be completely ignored because of the tone of the post.

Knight 50 163
  • 8 Jun
 owen

yes devs and fucking 2h elitist .. . remove the real time swign system ...... make skyrim pool noodle combat .. that way i can play medieval cookie clicker and win game instead of lose, cry and have aneurysm on forum ...... ...

523 566
  • 8 Jun
 Deadmode

The only issue I have with combat in Mordhau is the drag animations 'jerk' or have a stutter to them that often causes me reading issues. If the external player models and animations could be as smooth as the first-person ones then I think that would really help to make combat look more responsive and those deaths to huge drags seems less 'laggy' (although its animations not lag).

Knight 100 370
 McMercy

You truly are a fine specimen. I have added you to my collection

34 63

I lost a duel and it was the games fault.

777 1029

Yet another mad sad and bad player who doesn't have the mental capacity to voice their opinions or concerns in a constructive way.

Maybe take a video and show us what animations you're crying about so a discussion can be had?

Nah yur not looking for a discussion. You just came here to cry.

35 44
  • 8 Jun
 Prophet

@Deadmode said:
The only issue I have with combat in Mordhau is the drag animations 'jerk' or have a stutter to them that often causes me reading issues. If the external player models and animations could be as smooth as the first-person ones then I think that would really help to make combat look more responsive and those deaths to huge drags seems less 'laggy' (although its animations not lag).

I was under the impression that the 1st person animations are the same as what you see externally.

1757 1412
  • 8 Jun
 Rergato

Lol shut the fuck up kid

Knight 554 1905

@Prophet said:
I was under the impression that the 1st person animations are the same as what you see externally.

That is not the case. I think you can still see this by equipping a quarterstaff and observing how your grip is very different in first person than it is in third.

Knight 7571 13864

MAD

AND

BADPILLED

35 44
  • 9 Jun
 Prophet

@LuxCandidus said:

@Prophet said:

That is not the case. I think you can still see this by equipping a quarterstaff and observing how your grip is very different in first person than it is in third.

Ah cool

110 70
  • 10 Jun
 SerJaGGsaW

this thread just screams "i want to talk to your manager"
i bet you got vibrantly colored hair and glasses with thick square frames too.
and i bet you love taking selfies while doing soyfaces.

9 3
  • 10 Jun
 Myzery

@LuxCandidus said:

@Prophet said:

idle animations in 1st are different than 3rd but attacks are synced

Knight 148 97
  • 11 Jun
 Lilboots

Gah, i remember when i got so slammed in duels i got cranky as well, though i shed my tears on my pillow in silence opposed to a public forum. Then came to the conclusion that the person i was versing was just better. Some games arent meant for you my child. Try windows solitaire on level 1.... might just fit your criteria.

13 8
  • 11 Jun
 Urza

@alonesilverwolf said:
This game is becoming worse and worse every fucking day. I can't go into a single goddamn duel server without seeing the same goddamn animation abuse that Chivalry had. Most of us STOPPED PLAYING CHIVALRY BECAUSE OF THIS SAME BALLERINA BULLSHIT!

What the fuck devs? You said this would NOT be a thing in this game? You SAID this game would be like Chiv, but fixed. No animation abuse, no animation exploiting bullshit, no ballerina spin to fucking win CRAP.

Yet here we are.

I am sick and goddamn tired of it. I am seriously about ready to say fuck this game and write it off as another garbage game that failed to deliver on almost every promise it gave.

On the grounds that you did NOT fulfill your promises in the game description as well as the trailers which showed NONE of this BULLSHIT, I am on the verge of demanding a refund and being done with it.

Every. Fucking. Duel. Server.

I want a statement from the devs about this crap. Tired of the exploits, tired of the fucking silence.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Conscript 227 306

@alonesilverwolf said:

You can't ROH, 360 slashes induce glancing blows which do such small percentages of your weapons damage that it's useless (I think it also has hitstop too), all weapons have turn caps appropriate to the weapons...
Maybe if you specified WHAT you were unhappy with instead of generalizing as "ballerina bullshit" people might actually be able to help you, since anything that could be associated with the old days of Chivalry: Ballerina Warfare are literally non-existent here.