Mordhau

VK Academy - GIRU's Crash Course to getgud

Knight 292 904
 GIRUGIRU

Hello, I'm running an EU academy - it's a serious crash course which aims at getting players up to alpha player standards in as short time as possible. You will be directly trained by some of the best players in the game.

If you don't know me already i'm an alpha player and also a 5k hour competitive Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Veteran profile.png I also won the EU Alpha 1v1 Duel tournament.

Signups close in 1 week, trials will begin shortly after - if you are interested the signups are here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hgq2JEF-jn98RKYkBWKOnOaQsypzZDTPxEaftKFgLqg/viewform?edit_requested=true

230 applications have been entered thus far, and there are 12 positions - we're not looking for "amazing" players, we're looking for people with the drive and dedication to make it through the academy and soak up as much of it as possible. If you are not EU or don't manage to make it in, every session will be livestreamed and then uploaded to YouTube, so everyone benefits from this.

This is completely free, i'm giving up my own time to run this. After the academy, you are completely free - there are no hidden strings attached or any contracts or anything like that. The aim is to grow the competitive scene and nothing else.

If you want to talk to me personally, i'm best at responding on Discord; GIRU GIRU#1337

• 8 Jun
 xmlviking5
This comment was deleted.
Knight 50 163
  • 8 Jun
 owen

gonna be very good for the game, nice

Knight 100 370
  • 8 Jun
 McMercy

giru is getting old. soon die

Knight 14 90
  • 8 Jun
 Wit

I'm a 5000 hour #1 Duellist in Europe for Mount & Blade: Warband wanting in to your VK Academy. I'll leave you if you're not good enough for me I'm not fucking around.

147 227

"UK"

nah man, im good, i dont wanna get stabbed.

56 136
  • 9 Jun
 k0dlak

I like this guy but he's easily the least down-to-earth person I've watched on twitch. He's not abrasive or mean-spirited or anything, he just lacks any sense of the word 'humility.' Like, I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's never complimented an enemy for a fair kill, ever. He titles his streams: #1 in the EU, watch to git gud. He's constantly abandoning his team to do whatever it is he feels like doing instead. He's a pro player for sure, but I don't think I'd ever want to play with him.

Knight 1382 3152

he's #1 in the EU because no one else wants to play with him.

So he's never lost because he fights bots. 1 at a time. Because duels are a reliable metric of all skill in melee games.

also because no one else exists in the EU and if you say otherwise you're probably on some of that heroin the EU loves so much.

Knight 7577 13875

what the fuck were some comments deleted? wtf is this nepotism shit

Knight 5096 6836

@k0dlak said:
I like this guy but he's easily the least down-to-earth person I've watched on twitch. He's not abrasive or mean-spirited or anything, he just lacks any sense of the word 'humility.' Like, I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's never complimented an enemy for a fair kill, ever. He titles his streams: #1 in the EU, watch to git gud. He's constantly abandoning his team to do whatever it is he feels like doing instead. He's a pro player for sure, but I don't think I'd ever want to play with him.

Oh, you may want to see some of his comment history lmao.
I wonder if this post will be deleted ¿i'm guessing yes?

367 340
  • 9 Jun
 Peacerer

@Humble Staff said:

@k0dlak said:

Well, deep inside he's obviously an insecure type of youngster. The fugly posts he wrote here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1658959413 after he had kicked me faulty for playing archer in alpha were deleted by himself. Afterall he must have been embarrassed of himself, i guess. Luckily i've made some screenshot proof for the future reference. Just an example, there's more but i won't even bother with it:
GIRU1.jpg

He's the kinda guy i would make sure he apologize nicely incase i met him face to face by some chance. Then again that wouldn't be necessary, i'm quite sure he would change his tune and act humble IRL.

About "academy" i wish him luck. It's OK what he's doing and it's free. Besides it's apparently he doesn't have much else in his life...

62 153

@Peacerer said:

@Humble Staff said:

@k0dlak said:

Well, deep inside he's obviously an insecure type of youngster. The fugly posts he wrote here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1658959413 after he had kicked me faulty for playing archer in alpha were deleted by himself. Afterall he must have been embarrassed of himself, i guess. Luckily i've made some screenshot proof for the future reference. Just an example, there's more but i won't even bother with it:
GIRU1.jpg

Brilliant.

383 577
  • 9 Jun
 smug

@Peacerer said:

@Humble Staff said:

@k0dlak said:

GIRU1.jpg

He's the kinda guy i would make sure he apologize nicely incase i met him face to face by some chance. Then again that wouldn't be necessary, i'm quite sure he would change his tune and act humble IRL.

About "academy" i wish him luck. It's OK what he's doing and it's free. Besides it's apparently he doesn't have much else in his life...

Really hope those steam comments aren't real

367 340
  • 9 Jun
 Peacerer

@smug said:

@Peacerer said:

@Humble Staff said:

@k0dlak said:

GIRU1.jpg

Really hope those steam comments aren't real

Ofcourse it's real, you can still see my response online, i haven't deleted anything i wrote about Mord ever. I never delete my own words because i stand by what i say no matter whether it is good or not looking so nicely and 2h elitist abuse it in the future pasting it totally out of context only to discredit me.

But yes, this is real.

523 566
  • 10 Jun
 Deadmode

@Wit said:
I'm a 5000 hour #1 Duellist in Europe for Mount & Blade: Warband wanting in to your VK Academy. I'll leave you if you're not good enough for me I'm not fucking around.

Are you the one Stouty toyed with recently?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1rZ63RteMg

23 10
  • 10 Jun
 Narkanin

@Wit said:

This made me lol irl. I’m sure you’re good, this is just too much seriousness for a game.