Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Can't connect to servers anymore.

5 2

Hi,
I'm a release player with 353 hours played.
I have played Mordhau since it came out every day with no issues.
2 days ago on the night of June 5th I was in a duelyard with a friend after playing all day, the map changes and I am immediately disconnected. For the past 2 days now whenever I try joining a server I get the high packet loss symbol followed immediately by a disconnect with the error message "the connection has timed out."
I have tried the following things:

• Resetting my modem
  • Reinstalling Mordhau
  • Reinstalling Steam
  • Rebooting my pc
  • Flushing my DNS
  • Disabling my firewall
  • Allowing Mordhau through my firewall

None of these things have worked. My internet and PC are both solid and I can play any game or go to any website just fine. The problem is only on Mordhau. I'd really like to play Mordhau so help would be appreciated. :(

534 287
  • 8 Jun '19
 Gambit

That's sucks tbh, youve tried everything. I'd be pissed in your case. Have you installed any software recently, upgraded drivers or do you have any anti virus?

5 2

No.. nothing changed between the time I was able to play and the time I haven't been able to. Was just playing, the map changed, I get disconnected, and here I am 2 days later still can't play.

6 1
  • 8 Jun '19
 JBombDOTexe

i have the same issue :( nothing works.

5 2

An update to the issue, I sometimes can get into a game for about 30 seconds, pick a team, and then not be able to spawn before getting kicked with the message "Kicked while waiting for steam inventory."

So I logged into my friends steam account to try it out. When I launched the game on his account I got a popup saying "conflicting local files to those on the steam cloud" I was given the option to download from cloud or upload my local files. I chose to use the cloud files. I am able to play Mordhau completely fine from my friends steam account. I was hoping that would have fixed the issue for me, but when I go back on my account I still have the same issue.

I tried uninstalling mordhau and deleting every file that has anything to do with mordhau from from my pc, but upon reinstalling I still had the same issue. I'm at a bit of a dead end again and not sure where to go, but this should help narrow down the problem.

534 287
  • 11 Jun '19
 Gambit

@TheHashSlingingSlasher said:
An update to the issue, I sometimes can get into a game for about 30 seconds, pick a team, and then not be able to spawn before getting kicked with the message "Kicked while waiting for steam inventory."

So I logged into my friends steam account to try it out. When I launched the game on his account I got a popup saying "conflicting local files to those on the steam cloud" I was given the option to download from cloud or upload my local files. I chose to use the cloud files. I am able to play Mordhau completely fine from my friends steam account. I was hoping that would have fixed the issue for me, but when I go back on my account I still have the same issue.

I tried uninstalling mordhau and deleting every file that has anything to do with mordhau from from my pc, but upon reinstalling I still had the same issue. I'm at a bit of a dead end again and not sure where to go, but this should help narrow down the problem.

Someone else who had the exact same inventory issue said

@AFColtBolt said:
I fixed it.
My solution was to fully reinstall steam and place it in another drive and/or in another folder

6 1
  • 11 Jun '19
 JBombDOTexe

Same exact problem for me, I am able to play perfectly fine on an alt steam account. Same pc and everything.

5 2

@Gambit said:

@AFColtBolt said:
I fixed it.
My solution was to fully reinstall steam and place it in another drive and/or in another folder

I tried reinstalling steam onto both drives on my PC in new folders on each drive, as well as installing mordhau on both drives. The problem persisted through the entire process.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

Count 31 53
  • 11 Jun '19
 Jaw

I'm having the exact same issue too

Duke 554 950
  • 11 Jun '19
 Goatie

The devs need to acknowledge this as a problem on their end cos essentially you aren't able to play a product you paid for while everyone else can, that's not right.

Knight 41 35
  • 11 Jun '19
 Fürst von Butz

Having exactly the same issue since yesterday evening. I also didn't change anything on my end before it started happening.

7 2
  • 13 Jun '19
 SirA.Fortesque

Having exactly the same issue since the first hotfix, i really fucked up my playing expérience. tryed everything...

5 2

seems fixed as of the latest patch
ty devs

1 0

Defo not fixed, new player here, Im having this same issue with the steam inventory thing