Mordhau

Warhammer could need a buff

84 74
  • 6 Jun
 SushiFish

The Warhammer is described best as a 'economical' weapon of choice versus heavily armored opponents. The low cost makes it ideal for archers who are on a strict budget due to their costly ranged weapons.
However, compared to more expensive blunt weapons such as the Mace and Eveningstar,
The Warhammer has a incredibly weak 2 hit to kill if all hits land on the head, where as the other two will reliably kill with two body strikes.

I think that the Warhammer head strike should have the damage increased from: 53/52/51/50 to 75/70/65/60

And body strikes from: 38/37/36/35 to 45/44/41/40

So the weapon can have a reliable two hit to kill granted that least one strike connects to the head.

84 74
  • 6 Jun
 SushiFish

Right now, the Warhammer can have this same two hit to kill effect with a body+head strike, but the user is required to land a alt-mode head strike, then swap to original mode for the body strike in order to deal 105 damage with two hits. But this seems gimmicky when the hammerhead should already do the same job.

67 40
  • 7 Jun
 Kuro1n

Uh it is a 2 point weapon which is pretty damn cheap. If you want the benefits of the maul then cough up the points.
It also has 125ms faster windup than mace.

Knight 3258 6661
  • 7 Jun
 Bodkin

Dmg and all that is fine on warhammer. What is really needs is a little reach. Its too quick to be that short.

Axe is a little bit slower and you can noticeably hit people from further away because of it. Warhammer is too easily juked right now.

Other than that though, it's not that bad of a weapon.

777 1028

@SushiFish said:
. But this seems gimmicky when the hammerhead should already do the same job.

Pressing the "alt mode" button during the combo should cause you to hit with opposite side of the head.

Pole axe should be able to do this too.

And maybe a little more than the minimum range would be nice.

84 74

I have been both theory crafting and playing with the Warhammer for the last couple of days, and I find the weapon to be a lackluster.

A good way to describe the Warhammer, is to call it a cheap but 'lucky' weapon, since with its limited reach you may sometimes land a lucky head strike with either side of the weapon, which will deal incredible amount of damage.

A great way to describe the Warhammer, is to call it the lucky mace. Since with the reduced reach, you may sometimes be able to land strikes to the head, which will deal incredible amount of damage on either side of the weapon. The reason why I call it luck is because I found it to be incredible hard to do this, and even when I feinted.
I'd often strike my opponents hands, which would lead to a torso hit, which is measly 20 damage if you are using the spikehead versus tier 3 torso.

There are two ways that I have found to be most effective when using the Warhammer, and it goes as following:*
I always swap to spike head upon spawn and try to land one strike to the head. After the first strike, whether its head-strike or not, I'd usually swap to the hammerhead. If I landed a head strike, then I can kill with the next body hit, if not. then I just need two more hits to kill my opponent.. So this weapon becomes a 3 Hit-to Kill weapon on an average, 2 if you are lucky and 4-5 if you are having the worst luck or aim ever. (Also versus tier-3)

Other way is to just use the Hammerhead and go for consistent three hits to kill... (Hammerhead will never 2 Hit with head-strike and body strike consecutive, both MUST be head strikes)

But spike headstrike and hammer torso strike deals enough damage for a 2 HtK.

That's my analysis over the Warhammer, I think the hammerhead part of the Warhammer could need a buff so that you wouldn't need to switch between sides during the middle of the combat to get a reliable two hit to kill. Please let me know if there's any other combos that I am not aware of.

TL;DR
Altmode strike to the head and original mode strike to the body is enough to two shot a tier 3

53 8
  • 12 Jun
 janat08

They then nerfed it to the ground, with alt mode having hit on stop, no combo, and same 2hk to head.

53 8
  • 12 Jun
 janat08

although non-alt is now 2hk too

2 0
  • 18 Jul
 ScottRM

Yeah maybe you are right. I like to collect rare weapons and tools, that can be used for different needs in my backyard, like rare mauls and warhammers ( like these: https://cozyhousetoday.com/maul-vs-warhammer/ ), and especially to use them and test on their durability and strength, and how exactly they will do their job in this and that situation, you know. Sometimes I simply want developers could implement them in the game.

2 0
  • 18 Jul
 ScottRM

*A good way to describe the Warhammer, is to call it a cheap but 'lucky' weapon, since with its limited reach you may sometimes land a lucky head strike with either side of the weapon, which will deal incredible amount of damage.

A great way to describe the Warhammer, is to call it the lucky mace. Since with the reduced reach, you may sometimes be able to land strikes to the head, which will deal incredible amount of damage on either side of the weapon. The reason why I call it luck is because I found it to be incredible hard to do this, and even when I feinted.
I'd often strike my opponents hands, which would lead to a torso hit, which is measly 20 damage if you are using the spikehead versus tier 3 torso.*

And it's been always like that.

115 98

I used to use war hammer with buckler and I have got to say that it really does need a buff. Compared to other 2 pointers it is not good.

Dad Sizzle

53 8
  • 14 Aug
 janat08

Ye, Id rather have slow hitting weapon- like other hammers- that doesn't stop and can combo in alt mode than this trash. Alt mode is just pointless.

850 246

i run up behind and hit the head a couple times and POP

53 8
  • 14 Aug
 janat08

Yes, warhammer was meant for sneak attacks.

497 381
  • 14 Aug
 esturias

And if anything, the damage of the other weapons should get reduced. There are way too many high damage weapons around...

45 46
  • 17 Aug
 The Bird

The Bird disapproves of this idea.

1023 1649

I'd rather see alt mode be able to combo again and maybe a bit of reach added. Warhammer is a fun weapon but hardly a good weapon.

For a backup weapon you're way better off with axe or arming sword or even a shortsword. Cleaver trumps every other small weapon.