Mordhau

Fix firebomb spammers

9 6

I'm trying to play warfront and the entire ground is on fire because you get 6 firebombs PER life, not counting post resupply cooldown. It's extremely obnoxious to the point of me not wanting to see another firebomb in the game for the rest of its existence. Next up, fix horses, they're currently too fast compared to the projectile speed of throwing spears and arrows that they can damn near beat them in a head to head race.

The mounted crossbow would be a good counter if it didn't have the turn radius of a guy parallel parked on a packed street. Don't buff the crossbow though it's designed well and does its job, instead nerf the god damn impossible to kill horses going on 40 kill streaks with spears. I don't want to play warfront until both of these issues are fixed, it's just so fucking annoying and boring to be killed by a firepot or being run over by a horse in the middle of a teamfight several times in a match.

Knight 886 2430
 Pred

Devs have a huge boner for stuff detrimental to the game bruh. Firebombs are very important to them.

Knight 6321 11196

You get 3 per life, not 6.

I chucked firepots for a very large portion of the alpha phase and they didn't get the memo that they're obnoxious and need to be changed (though they did nerf them alot).

9 6
  • 11 Jun
 NoIdeaHubby

Considering that there's always an ammo box next to important objectives on ALL the warfront maps, it's pretty safe to say you have at least 6 per life. It has a pretty decent range so you can throw it from right next to an ammo box into a crowd of enemies and teammates fighting, quickly resupply and then either throw more or run to a different position.

If you have two or more people throwing 6 firepots per life it turns into the biggest clusterfuck I've seen since clusterfuckroads the map was introduced in the most recent patch. It's a good game, but some of the annoying shit definitely needs tweaking.

106 92
  • 12 Jun
 DrGert

Frontline*

Knight 656 1425
  • 12 Jun
 das

Add Pocket Sand to game.

Pocket Sand flinches enemies who face it when tossed.

Pocket Sand also snuffs out flames.

Now we have an anti-fire option that doesn't smoke up a whole area.

That, and the fire damage model should probably change a bit or something. It does a full 24 if you just skirt it for a millisecond. CSGO's molotov is way more sensible in comparison. Barely hurts you when you graze it, ramps up to extremely heavy damage if you just try to run through it.

29 50

you can't join a frontline server without there being 2 fire pot spammers and a smoke pot spammer on each team. they rarely ever kill anyone, but they succeed in annoying everyone.

3 3
  • 14 Jun
 gadget246

In my experience, firebombs are mostly area denial and not lethal weapons unless someone gets pushed into them.

That said, area denial is annoying as all hell when so many maps are designed with arbitrary numbers of choke points.

Any constructive suggestions on how to rework them to be less annoying?

Maybe they could have some splash damage on break but last for less time?

576 717

Just counter them with 3 smokepots. Try to have 3-6 guys dedicated to throwing smokepots continuously all game and you'll have no troubles

Zero troubles

Knight 6321 11196
  • 14 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@gadget246 said:
In my experience, firebombs are mostly area denial and not lethal weapons unless someone gets pushed into them.

That said, area denial is annoying as all hell when so many maps are designed with arbitrary numbers of choke points.

i'd recommend removing the obnoxious things.

9 6

@smellycathawk said:
Just counter them with 3 smokepots. Try to have 3-6 guys dedicated to throwing smokepots continuously all game and you'll have no troubles

Zero troubles

That's a lot of effort put in just to counter firepot spammers when all I'm trying to do is fight people. I'd probably resort to it if there were 4+ firepot spammers, but realistically the scenario you're looking for will rarely, if ever happen. Most people don't want to stop playing the game just to counter some annoying mechanic that shouldn't exist in the first place.

9 6

@gadget246 said:

I get what you're saying, but the area denial isn't exactly the issue I encounter with firepot spam. Usually it's when I accidentally step in one and die instantly in a 1vx situation. That's when they really piss me off. Yes it's denying an area, but I also know its there and I have to use footwork in a fight so its either get hit by two guys stabbing at nearly the same time or step in the fire to avoid a stab, block the other, and die to the fire. Not to mention the knockback you receive when parrying which makes the issue worse, but it isn't the parry knockbacks fault.

Oddly specific scenario, but it happens to me way more often than you'd think.
The fire patches tick for an absolutely absurd amount of damage per second, around 80 dps or so. You get hit by a tick which seems to be like .3 seconds and you get tagged for 25 damage instantly.