Mordhau

[Dedicated Server] - Banlist-File as parameter | 1 banlist for multiple servers

36 12
 Taki7o7

Hello.

I am managing alot of different servers. For example i've 4 Duel Servers and if you ban somebody, the steamid + unban unixtime get's saved into the game.ini for the server where you gave the ban. Now i ban a hardcore griefer and he just moves to the other server. So if not many admins are online, this clearly becomes a pain, since you literally have to hunt this guy.

It would be very very helpful for serveradmins which run multiple server, to set a banlist file as startparameter ( -banlist=/home/steam/mordhau/myGlobalBanlist.banhammer ) like we do for using different ports and configs.

Synchronising isn't really possible by ourself since we would have to restart the server before the next mapchange after saving the changings in the game.ini

Please serveradmins, keep the thread up if you need/want this aswell :)

EDIT: It would be also good to know if people banned on official servers are automatically unable to join community servers aswell. I don't think so. So it would be cool if we could also link up to a sort of global banlist (as option in game.ini?). So less trolls which already got managed getting banned on a official server move to community servers.

Greetings from Vienna

1 0
  • 6 Jun
 windex

Agreed, this is a great idea.

36 12
  • 7 Jun
 Taki7o7

Let's hope some dev will see it and understands how useful it would be ^^

528 282
 Gambit

This is a cool idea. I'm going to implement it for people who have multiple servers through my dashboard.
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/17624/free-server-creation-administration-tool-020slot-n/?page=1

It won't be perfectly in sync like you mentioned, but it will auto kick in after a restart if I get it right.

Update: I've added a sync banlist button in the dashboard. It merges all bans together and goes live when the server is restarted.

36 12
  • 7 Jun
 Taki7o7

@Gambit said:
This is a cool idea. I'm going to implement it for people who have multiple servers through my dashboard.
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/17624/free-server-creation-administration-tool-020slot-n/?page=1

It won't be perfectly in sync like you mentioned, but it will auto kick in after a restart if I get it right.

Update: I've added a sync banlist button in the dashboard. It merges all bans together and goes live when the server is restarted.

Hey there. Thats what i do now aswell. But yeh, most trolls join one server after each other so it's really not good we have to restart for synch :/

Hoping some devs will implement this. Cannot be that hard ^^

528 282
  • 7 Jun
 Gambit

@Taki7o7 said:

@Gambit said:

Hey there. Thats what i do now aswell. But yeh, most trolls join one server after each other so it's really not good we have to restart for synch :/

Hoping some devs will implement this. Cannot be that hard ^^

The default behaviour seems to be an engine centric problem that has been hard to fix for other games. Storing the ban list in memory and writing it out to a file on restart doesn't seem like a big deal to me though.