Mordhau

Starting to get bored with Mordhau

1757 1412
  • 5 Jun
 Rergato

I also got pretty bored of it, which is strange because I’ve been waiting for it for so long. Was a huge Chivalry fanboy, but to be fair I was younger back then and had more time to waste— but I can’t help but feel like Chiv’s silly TO maps added a lot to the replayability.

I would definitely play a lot more if we had:

1. More Maps
  2. A LTS objective mode (like defuse from CS)
  3. Community content, with a functional workshop and automatic downloading of maps upon joining. There’s a reason why Counter Strike: Source still lives on, people still make zombie escape and surf maps.
Duke 544 897
  • 5 Jun
 Goatie

Community maps would be good. I want some damn skirmish maps without crap cluttering up the middle.

Knight 2225 3994
Conscript 227 306

I can agree with the game needing an objective mode with skirmish rulesets. Maybe like a "kill the leader" or maybe CTF? I dunno, something that'd fit thematically with the game while also being as simple as "complete X or kill the entire enemy team". Just have Skirmish with an objective.
Alternatively we could make 6v6 FL a thing.

36 24

please quit.

The most pretentious post I ever read.

I hope you are younger than 20.

36 24

On another note..I agree with the getting bored stuff ; anyone knows when the next patch is coming?

All we need is duel mode, 1on1/2on2/3on/3 ladder...plllllssssss

523 566
  • 5 Jun
 Deadmode

@KIWI said:
Alternatively we could make 6v6 FL a thing.

I believe this and 8v8 FL is a thing in the comp scene

192 383

peacerer you are a blessing to this community, please never change. dont let the 2h elitists or bad designed archery and shield drive you away!

Conscript 168 355

@Peacerer said:
Sitting on 200k gold, 51 levels bashing same switches, being on top almost every FL round playing ridiculously OP 2h weapons, BR is RNG crap, Horde is PVE crap, 3 playable FL maps, archery implemented badly on purpose, shields not "fixed" after years of trying, biased developers keep supporting 2h elitism etc. Same old crap. Despite massive success game was nowhere near ready to release.

Yes, i know you love me guys, i love you to.

(((Peacerer)))

20190324163722_1.jpg

20190324164032_1.jpg
(Since alpha screenshots)

I see you never let our expectations down

95 81

Quite frankly, Mordhau coming out has stopped me from playing literally anything else.
There's 3-400 unplayed singleplayer games that are actually very well done from the last 15 years that I am quite sure you'll find a dozen or two to enjoy as well.
And if you prefer MP, there's likely to be 2-3 actually good ones of that as well.

Problem solved.

Now, we all need to go back to asking for

• show team damage
  • being able to report griefers more effectively
  • nerf / remove / "fix" shields more
  • make horses stop being always-hits-you-first oneshot machines with a 500 foot bubble around them
  • moar FL maps

I sincerely hope / have heard that a lot if not most of these are already currently being baked into the next patch - though I doubt shields will get better, because boy, if those ever become more bearable so that single digit ranks can't lead scoreboards anymore, we'll have more salt than the dead sea coming.

382 575
 smug

The pub experience in Mordhau is objectively awful, the player drop off reflects casual players finding nothing exciting to do.

Yes you can go do comp PUGs but the majority of players have no interest in that venture AT ALL. What else is there to do then:

1.Play a BR mode that is fun for maybe an hour, then gets old because of it's flaws like uhh...people teaming.

2.Play frontline which is full of complete cancer mechanics like horses, catapults, etc. While also having maps too small for the intended population count. The few times where I'm lucky enough to join a dead FL server where it's 10v10, 12,v12 is a MUCH better experience than 24v24 or larger.

3.I guess you can Duel, but for most people the simplistic manner of Mordhau's input system and consequently repetitive loop will make duel seem less dynamic than other modes depending on who you're dueling. Even then if they duel people vastly better than them, it's even more boring because the fight is over in 1-3 exchanges. Not to mention its a 1v1 mode which makes it a niche by default.

4.Skirmish: LUL

5.TDM: ^ same as above but dead mode that not even comp players PUG

6.Deathmatch: ^ Dead mode because they all got converted to Duel servers.

Replacing TO was a bad move by the devs for many reasons.

39 97

The devs have sold AROUND 2mi copies so far... That means they made UP TO $60mi.

https://steamspy.com/app/629760

The Kickstarter raised ~$300k.

Assuming the team have around 15 people, that's around $2.5mi for each(with the 30% fee that belongs to steam and development costs)

15 millionaires to finish the development.

If they invest the same amount as the Kickstarter campaign, maybe(if), we would have more content.

Wonder why people have no faith on them...

PS for the devs.
Don't do like TornBanner and run away with the money letting the game die with only the Steam workshop to support it.
italicised text

382 575
 smug

they didnt sell 2 mil

you edited with that steamspy link, but do you know how to interpret that data?

523 566
 Deadmode

@smug said:
3.I guess you can Duel, but for most people the simplistic manner of Mordhau's input system and consequently repetitive loop will make duel seem less dynamic than other modes depending on who you're dueling. Even then if they duel people vastly better than them, it's even more boring because the fight is over in 1-3 exchanges.

okay...

@smug said:
6.Deathmatch: ^ Dead mode because they all got converted to Duel servers.

hmmm...maybe 'most' people disagree with you.

15 18
  • 6 Jun
 Breidr

I don't play as much because FL seems like a terribly balanced mode that isn't really enjoyable. Could be the mode, the maps, I don't know but it's just not fun.

BR feels like it was just put in for meme potential.

Horde Mode is just terrible. This is coming from a guy that played a ton of Defend the Virgin back in the day.

Skirmish can be fun, but most of the time just results in lopsided matches, no experience with TDM. The thing that really surprised me is that there are official servers for both Skirmish and TDM, but no matchmaking. I feel like Skirmish could be made more enjoyable with MM. It seems like they just pushed their frontlines mode and called it good.

Lack of maps in FL pretty much just kills this game for me. Want to win, pick red. Want to get farmed, pick blue. Add to that that Victory/Defeat is pretty meaningless and the whole thing feels like TDM with flags and I can see why the playerbase is dropping off.

There is an expected drop off yes, but this game really needed to release with more. I'm not even talking about much, but 4 FL maps was not enough. The game seems really solid mechanically, but it only had one chance to make a first impression.

I'm getting tired of games releasing with bare bones and promising more after release. Just glad this game didn't ask for a full $60.

367 340
  • 6 Jun
 Peacerer

@SherbershLemel said:
peacerer you are a blessing to this community, please never change. dont let the 2h elitists or bad designed archery and shield drive you away!

luff.jpg

8 12

@Peacerer said:
Sitting on 200k gold, 51 levels bashing same switches, being on top almost every FL round playing ridiculously OP 2h weapons, BR is RNG crap, Horde is PVE crap, 3 playable FL maps, archery implemented badly on purpose, shields not "fixed" after years of trying, biased developers keep supporting 2h elitism etc. Same old crap. Despite massive success game was nowhere near ready to release.

Yes, i know you love me guys, i love you to.

fuzzy face.JPG

agreed! Finally someone speaking words of truth. Devs should really start talking to the community. Show us a roadmap which pisses off the cock sucking reddit carebears.

367 340
  • 17 Jun
 Peacerer

Unfortunately, it seems a lot of players feel the same about Mordhau. Game has extremely bad retention rate.

7 4
  • 17 Jun
 Spychopat

So... You say that 2 hand weapons are OP and that shield are OP (which are used with 1 hand weapons). Soooooooo... It is balanced right ?