Mordhau

Is it intentional that combo Misses drain twice as much stamina?

109 165
  • 3 Jun
 Speak

If I swing my Zweihander at empty air, the first swing will drain 12 stamina, while every combo swing afterwards will drain 24 stamina. Is this intentional? It doesn't seem spelled out anywhere (e.g. the Miss Cost tooltip), so I want to confirm.

9 11
109 165
 Speak

Does this apply to all combo swings or just consecutive misses? (As in: Do I lose 24 stamina if I swing and hit someone, and then combo swing and miss?)

(Edit: Per this clip at 1:22, I'd say the answer is "no." If you hit someone and then combo into a whiff, you'll only lose a normal amount of stamina. You only devour your own stamina if you're whiffing consecutively.)

Game's kinda in need of an in-game repository of "hidden" mechanics. (Including the automatic self-heal that happens if you wait a bit. Which I myself am well aware of and have known about since shortly after launch, but which many, many Frontline players seem unaware of.)

Not that those bad players would use an in-game library if it existed. But maybe it could be presented as an "Advanced Tutorial" that you're recommended to do after you finish the regular Tutorial, that would cover extra mechanics.

1083 6138
  • 4 Jun
 crushed — Art

Intentional, you only get it on consecutive combo misses

Knight 292 904
  • 4 Jun
 GIRUGIRU

This was added maybe over a year ago in alpha when lunge was much more than what it is now, it stopped people flying around swinging in combat

I'm not sure if it's neccesary anymore as a mechanic, but it does punish people for being stupid

Knight 7569 13855

Hello giru

777 1029

@GIRUGIRU said:
punish people for being stupid

This is what u play the game to do

Knight 161 227
  • 4 Jun
 Q

I have never really liked this mechanic. Combos are already weak enough. Yes, I suppose it deters players from mindlessly swinging. However it can also punish legitimate play. Plus most of the players that mindlessly swing (i.e. low rank players), would not even be aware of the mechanic anyway.

12 69
 Eggplant

@Speak said:
Game's kinda in need of an in-game repository of "hidden" mechanics. (Including the automatic self-heal that happens if you wait a bit. Which I myself am well aware of and have known about since shortly after launch, but which many, many Frontline players seem unaware of.)

They kind of already have one with the loading screen tips. This should be added to that. I didn't even know about this mechanic myself.

162 124

yeah combos are really bad, no same side combos

Count 131 218
  • 5 Jun
 Pariah

@Schwarzchild said:
yeah combos are really bad, no same side combos

I do miss this. Reading players and comboing into their weak side was a big part of chiv, and being forced to combo-feint cleave weapons or morph with a blunt weapon to land hits on the same side takes too long and kinda sucks.