Mordhau

Game wont stop crashing the pc , unplayble.

10 1
  • 2 Jun
 ormeyer

Game runs smooth , but after around 15 minutes , the game freezes and crashes the whole pc..
Seems like alot of ppl are suffering from it since the game released-
And 0 solutions or responses from devs.
Like no one is giving a sh1t.

1060GTX
i6700
16gb ram

Installed on ssd.

40 69
  • 3 Jun
 geach3d — Art

All we can do is really is try to troubleshoot or ask for logs, and try to investigate based off them. But logs are only so useful and often have generic errors.

C:Users:YourName:AppData:Local:Mordhau.

Logs will be in 2 folders; Crashes, and Logs, both in the Saved folder at the above location, called Mordhau.txt. Please name them appropriately ex; Mordhau_Crashes.txt. You can use a site like pastebin to give us the logs. https://pastebin.com/

Thanks.

10 1
  • 17 Jun
 ormeyer

@geach3d said:
All we can do is really is try to troubleshoot or ask for logs, and try to investigate based off them. But logs are only so useful and often have generic errors.

C:Users:YourName:AppData:Local:Mordhau.

Logs will be in 2 folders; Crashes, and Logs, both in the Saved folder at the above location, called Mordhau.txt. Please name them appropriately ex; Mordhau_Crashes.txt. You can use a site like pastebin to give us the logs. https://pastebin.com/

Thanks.

See above

10 1
  • 20 Jun
 ormeyer

nobody?

534 286
  • 20 Jun
 Gambit

Nothing looks that abnormal in the logs to me. Are you overclocked?

I have a signature

10 1
  • 22 Jun
 ormeyer

@Gambit said:

I have a signature

why would i have to oc? the pc is new.

534 286
  • 22 Jun
 Gambit

@ormeyer said:

@Gambit said:

I have a signature

why would i have to oc? the pc is new.

Well it's not that new. Your CPU is 4 years old and the GPU is 3 years old. OCing isn't just for old systems though, my 2080ti and i9 9900k are overclocked.

I have a signature

40 69
  • 23 Jun
 geach3d — Art

Unfortunately, there is nothing immediately obvious in your logs. What kind of things have you tried? The most obvious cause of crashes seems to be ragdolls and the cloth physics/ physx. Try turning these both off to see. Furthermore, what settings are you running the game on? Try lowering all the video settings besides resolution at once, and if the game doesnt crash, you can slowly turn the settings up, until the game crashes. This should isolate whatever is causing the crash. If the game crashes again even on low settings, we can try getting another log file and hope for something obvious.

7 0

Same here. Since the last update, my PC has crashed randomly when playing Mordhau, less than 30 min into playing, every time. This has not happened with any other game, ever (or even Mordhau, before this update)

My Specs:
i7 6700k
16GB RAM
Windows 10 x64 v1903
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

I have tried many of the same things, but nothing works. I'm certain that this is an issue related to Mordhau. I removed the overclock on my CPU and GPU, and played one match; it was longer than the others, but my PC crashed all the same eventually, killing every program I had open. It can't be the settings, because the game ran was just fine before the recent update, on the same settings.

2 0

So glad there's a thread for this. I got the game on the 7th of May and ever since the start I have had issues where the game crashes along with the pc. Game settings are at max. I have a 8700k, 1070ti and I installed the game on SSD. I hope the devs see this so that they look further. Mordhau is the only game that crashes my pc.

25 8
  • 3 Aug
 Khashius

I had this issue and switched from air cooling my CPU to a closed loop water-cooling solution. My game no longer crashes. Just a thought.

2 0

So... You're saying that Mordhau overheats the CPU?

534 286
 Gambit

@EmperorDastaann said:
So... You're saying that Mordhau overheats the CPU?

No he is not. A properly built PC will limit usage after a temperature is reached, or max out if it is properly cooled, like he said. If they want to max out CPU usage then all the power to them (pun intended) because a lot of games don't, and suffer because of that.

I have a signature

35 13

check all ur pc temp

Modhau

1 0

I had this issue for about a week, my ram was faulty so got it changed and all seems well since then. Might be worth looking into

70 59
 Yadyoy

I had an issue very similar to this a while back. It turned out that my gpu fans would stop spinning after several minutes of playing any game. Then the excess heat generated would trigger the temperature threshold shut off. Do you get weird green and black artifacts all over your screen right as your pc crashes? If so, check your fans while you're playing a game. If they're working make sure to de-dust everything with a can of air, or an air compressor. Make sure to get inside the cpu and gpu heat sinks liberally. If all this checks out and your fans are clean and working consistently, it might be another hardware related issue, if it happens to this game only then you might be lucky and it's software based. Goodluck, hope you figure it out.

Count 41 22

This was happening to me after the last patch too, I uninstalled and deleted all the Mordhau files then did a fresh reinstall and that fixed it for me.

25 8
  • 14 Aug
 Khashius

@MontythePython said:
This was happening to me after the last patch too, I uninstalled and deleted all the Mordhau files then did a fresh reinstall and that fixed it for me.

I'd like to clean reinstall as well, what's the dir to clean?

1 0
  • 16 Sep
 OrMeyer

O.P here
Few months have passed and the game crashes..
Wah