Mordhau

Suggestion: Second Shield on Back should prevent (some) backstabs

36 24

Sorry if this has been suggested before - just signed up.

If a player wears a second shield (or any shield) on the back , it should be (somewhat) harder to backstab him.

Thoughts?

MoMoMonsterkill

36 24

of course it should come with an adequate movement malus

777 1029

Well no that just sounds annoying

7 6

There is a lot of controvesy around shields, players could hold off against 5 guys just holding the block button because the kick wouldn't connect and keep walking backwards so it would take some time for people to flank them, although the hate did drop significantly ever since the kick buff. But that change of yours would be gamebreaking. Almost everyone would run with a shield on their backs, like cmon, thats is a free block on your vulnerable spot. You wouldn't even need chest armor anymore. That just sounds like you want to run Rapier + shield + another shield on the back and easily hold off 7-10 people.

Conscript 168 355

@MoMoMonsterkill said:
Sorry if this has been suggested before - just signed up.

If a player wears a second shield (or any shield) on the back , it should be (somewhat) harder to backstab him.

Thoughts?

MoMoMonsterkill

Hey, seen you ingame before!

Regarding the shield, yeah, it's not a good idea, it will very likely become even worse than rapier+shield builds. Blocking arrows: sure, I think it does that already, but not stabs/slashes.

36 24

Maybe people should a) post their stats and builds before providing feedback .

I feel like there is a severe bias.

My frontline stats do not differ much between shield and non shield builds.

Adding a 25% Movement Malus for moderate/slight extra back protection for the sake of realism sounds cool to me, but hey it was just a suggestion and thanks for the feedback - cya on the battlefield

Knight 7573 13872

All this will do is encourage people to turn around for a free block/damage reduction if they fall for a feint or morph or anything.

Knight 334 777
  • 3 Jun
 AngelEyes

I agree. Dual wield shields and add shield bash too please.

1337 1390

And the third shield should give a movement speed bonus downhill on Mountain Peak.

Knight 693 1581
  • 3 Jun
 das

Suggestion: Give Legolas/Zelda shield boarding down ramps and stairs

777 1029

why can't we paunch with a shield out?

wait i thought about it and realized that would be like the most powerful thing in the game

Knight 34 30
  • 3 Jun
 Oatmate

Imagine the beatiful meta that would arise lol

129 141

Pavise shield toboggan for Mountain Peak when?