Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

IndieDB awards, update on our kickstarter & what we've been up to

Duke 89 89
  • 3 Dec '16
 Elko

Guess I have to pick the grandpa avatar once this game sees daylight ;)

Baron 119 122
  • 3 Dec '16
 Arctomys_

Wow really fantastic work, that first screenshot looks fucking amazing.

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 3 Dec '16
 Sir Zombie

There is new life and screenshots.
Nerdgasm xd

Knight 292 904
  • 3 Dec '16
 GIRUGIRU

i hope the transparancy is appreciated, i personally don't have any problems waiting for an overall better and more polished game

Count 1452 3389
  • 3 Dec '16
 Smokingbobs

Every bit of information is like heroin in my veins.

Now that it's been pushed back, is there a chance the Kickstarter could grant instant beta access when it goes live?

Knight 3313 6811
  • 3 Dec '16
 Bodkin

All I want to see is an archer shooting some fgts and making them cry

And then someone reking that archer fgt by parrying an arrow and rushing him

pls srs

2428 4937
  • 3 Dec '16
 Maci

@GIRUGIRU said:
i hope the transparancy is appreciated, i personally don't have any problems waiting for an overall better and more polished game

Hi GIRUGIRU Im big fan xd

Baron 1182 1071
  • 3 Dec '16
 ApatheticDeity

@Steve Pigeon said:

@GIRUGIRU said:

Hi GIRUGIRU Im big fan xd

hush macy

Knight 13 10
  • 3 Dec '16
 Kevali

Does the delay of the Kickstarter mean that final release date is also getting pushed back?

Baron 1182 1071
  • 3 Dec '16
 ApatheticDeity

@SgtKevali said:
Does the delay of the Kickstarter mean that final release date is also getting pushed back?

the release date is going to be when their fucking satisfied with releasing it.

Count 4205 9821
  • 3 Dec '16
 DerFurst

@ApatheticDeity said:
the release date is going to be when their fucking satisfied with releasing it.

Since lazy committed suicide after shooting up the school, I'll have to take care of this one.
holy chistmas dude it's "they're" not "their" god jesus how the fuck did you miss that

Knight 590 690
  • 4 Dec '16
 Garou

I'm going to have lots of fun in ffa. Ill be a peasant just working in the fields whilst everyone is slaughtering each other.

3234 4264
Baron 2358 3392
  • 4 Dec '16
 Xekratos

You know what. I'm not even mad. I'm a little sad, but It's game development. They have to do what they have to do.

3234 4264
  • 4 Dec '16
 Havoc

It will be worth it, thank you devs.

156 238
  • 4 Dec '16
 elToroGuapo

At least give us a development blog update you fuckers.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 4 Dec '16
 Humble Staff

What many people said, take your time to make this game marvelous. With every update (be it sooner or later) we can see the hard work you put in it and how you truly desire to launch a complete and solid game. Keep it up please and do what you need to do to make Mordhau the best melee game ever made!

P.S: Im going to spam to every friend to vote Mordhau for indie of the year, force them if i have to.

988 6974
  • 4 Dec '16
 marox — Project Lead

@VCliff said:

@marox said:

1.png

A catapult which you can push around the map, to find that perfect spot to rain destruction from. Or just be an ass and drive it off a cliff.

Thank you based devs.I also like that you guys take your time for the Kickstarter even if there is some pressure from the community.

A few questions
Will the catapult work like in C:MW wit splas damage?

Not as much splash probably, but yes. I'm personally not a fan of it, but it's necessary to make catapults even usable.

What other Siege Weapons are in the making?

The ballista is already done, but that's a stationary one. A big part over the past months was upgrading the vehicle code to accommodate things like moving vehicles that may not act or be shaped like a character. This way, extending it to catapults, and later on (maybe) things like siege towers, rams, etc is relatively easy and quick.

The vehicles support a kind of separation between the vehicle and player, e.g. the catapult is not just the camera switching to a car. You still look around with the mouse, other players see your character turn as he looks about. On some vehicles, you may even retain control over attacking and blocking in a limited manner -- siege ladders are an example of a vehicle that could allow this.

Will there be vehicles who need more than 1 operator?

We'll see! There's support for it, but we haven't tried it yet.

Mercenary 86 110
  • 4 Dec '16
 VCliff

Sounds Geat, again thank you for you detailed answer.

But whats about a certain stationary siege weapon that uses a counterweight to launch a 90 kg projectile over 300 meters?

Sellsword 11 10
  • 4 Dec '16
 KnHKayserChef

Im glad the devs are delaying kickstarter "cries inside uncontrollably" for the sake of our beloved game