Mordhau

IndieDB awards, update on our kickstarter & what we've been up to

583 2230
  • 3 Dec '16
 marox — Project Lead

The first phase of the IndieDB awards voting process for 2016 has started. Make sure to cast your vote for Mordhau by clicking below:

Vote for us in the 2016 Indie of the Year Awards

Let your friends know, too!

Many of you have been asking us what's up with our kickstarter campaign. We're still working diligently to get everything ready as soon as possible, but it's not there yet. Regrettably, we won't be able to hit 2016 as we'd have hoped. We know this is disappointing to some of you, and we apologize for missing our mark. This is in part due to some delays on our part, in part due to December rearing its ugly head, with holidays and spending sprees that would invariably take away attention from the campaign. Put simply, we've only got one chance to do this right, and we don't want to blow it -- and we know you don't want us to, either. The campaign is coming, and we'll keep you updated, but we'll let you know once we're 100% sure we can hit a specific date.

4.png

Among other things we've been working on a new environment to show off, this one's a larger map with a small village and a castle (not in view), and a cozy little stream.

1.png

A catapult which you can push around the map, to find that perfect spot to rain destruction from. Or just be an ass and drive it off a cliff.

2.png

3.png

And some prototyping work on character aging. Just another thing you can customize. Here's how it looks inbetween:

charage.gif

3469 3331
  • 3 Dec '16
 Sammy

Thanks for the update, don't at all worry about delaying the kickstarter, I and many others are happy to wait and give you guys the time you need to make the game, besides, works out better for me because I'll be able to donate more now!

Fuck anyone that's bitching about the Kickstarter.

Screens look great, love them!

1442 958
  • 3 Dec '16
 mrjoe

Nice shit, can't wait. It'll feel good passing time playing this.

Gonna be good when I can practice my scumbaginess by pushing catapults off a cliff.

it seems the skin materials look much more realistic than before

Also, enjoy the holidays with family and friends everyone.

9 15
  • 3 Dec '16
 Shaman

Lookin good

720 619
  • 3 Dec '16
 SIEGE

No pressure!

222 299
  • 3 Dec '16
 Whisper

Something something about soon trademarked something mordhau when

113 256
  • 3 Dec '16
 Stouty

distant sounds of Lazy shooting inside local school

2 0
  • 3 Dec '16
 P0P218

All the pressure
all the moaning

1108 1562
  • 3 Dec '16
 DerFurst

Regrettably, we won't be able to hit 2016 as we'd have hoped... in part due to December rearing its ugly head, with holidays and spending sprees that would invariably take away attention from the campaign.

Extended

Squat

Break

580 842
  • 3 Dec '16
 Valmirius

Ain't even mad, least they have something to show us. Inb4 suggestions of a dynamic aging option based on character playtime so all the grizzled veterans look like they belong in care homes.

Edit: That screenshot kinda reminds me of the village in Kingdom Come: Deliverance... minus the garb combat when fighting people I guess.

lazypls.png

R.I.P Lazy tbh - prognosticator of the Mordhau forums.

114 764
  • 3 Dec '16
 elwebbaro — Art

Rest in peace, Lazy.

7 4
  • 3 Dec '16
 Dnomomoop

Thanks for everything you guys are doing. This game looks fantastic and it truly looks as though tons of effort is being put into this game, you've got my vote for sure!
Quick question, could one of the devs record some more gameplay? I'm really hyped up for this game and I'm tired of just watching the interview with Marox over and over again to get my Mordy fix.
Again, keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing what Soon™ really looks like.

276 350

Pushable catapults?! Character aging?! You guys are truly awesome

GRANDPA duels ftw

Also, fanks for another wallpaper

1117 871
  • 3 Dec '16
 ApatheticDeity

thank you marox, love u ;)
you granted us some very dank dev kush and i applauded you good sir.

4 1
  • 3 Dec '16
 Naleaus

I'm alright with the delay. I'll definitely have more money to throw at a Kickstarter after December.

945 454
  • 3 Dec '16
 CACommanderGuts

Oh my. So dev blog?

1 0
  • 3 Dec '16
 Mouzie

dev blog kurwe )

137 122
  • 3 Dec '16
 Waterboy

Hype can't wait to be old weeb spear man

56 45
  • 3 Dec '16
 VCliff

@marox said:

1.png

A catapult which you can push around the map, to find that perfect spot to rain destruction from. Or just be an ass and drive it off a cliff.

Thank you based devs.I also like that you guys take your time for the Kickstarter even if there is some pressure from the community.

A few questions
Will the catapult work like in C:MW wit splas damage?
What other Siege Weapons are in the making?
Will there be vehicles who need more than 1 operator?

1108 1562