Mordhau

My review for Mordhau is currently a negative one based on lack of tools to moderate chat

39 21
  • 31 May '19
 Beefenstein

I'll happily change it back to positive once there are reasonable efforts to ensure that the chat experience -- while still involving trashtalk and disagreement, because this is a skill-based game where the most popular mode is PvP -- doesn't freely allow people to use discriminatory terms that insult people in a way that exacerbates existing inequalities in society.

This forum is another sign that there is a problem. People clearly come here with the expectation that they can make any comment they desire. This is not a good sign about the community or there being reasonable efforts to moderate it.

Thanks for listening.

26 31
  • 31 May '19
 Cro

Power, control, authoritarianism, ...

Duke 553 939
  • 31 May '19
 Goatie

Oh for fucks sake nobody cares. If you can't take someone else rustling your Jimmie's with certain words then get off the internet or go play single-player games. You write a lot but say fuck all. Server mods will come eventually and so will mod tools. Just like parents shouldn't complain about language and bullying in an adult only game that their kid plays, they shouldn't even be playing it. People who can't deal with hostility and words even if with hateful intent, over a god damn computer screen, should not be playing multi-player adult games in the first place just like a child should not be because they clearly aren't mature enough or in the right mind for it. Chat doesn't kill games, griefing and bad game direction does.

Knight 15 18
  • 31 May '19
 MadMartigan

Mega Bait

549 618
  • 31 May '19
 Deadmode

Don't walk through that crime-ridden neighborhood if you don't want to get stabbed.
...or you could try and fix the crime levels so that it's not such a shithole.

Just because behaviour such as that being complained about is commonplace does not make it acceptable or right.

Knight 7768 14322
  • 31 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

Imagine letting WORDS impact your review and enjoyment of a game lmfao

549 618
  • 31 May '19
 Deadmode

Imagine being such a piece of shit that you think saying whatever you want to someone is acceptable or shouldn't have an effect on the person.

Knight 7768 14322
  • 31 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Deadmode said:
Imagine being such a piece of shit that you think saying whatever you want to someone is acceptable or shouldn't have an effect on the person.

MAD

AT

WORDS

LMAOOOOOOOOO

549 618
  • 31 May '19
 Deadmode

No, I don't get mad at words. I get mad at people who think that behaving like this is acceptable. It's about being a member of a society and having respect for others is an important part of that. Anyone who is just abusive and toxic is a fucking nasty stain.

Some of the people on here didn't develop the required social skills that enable them to interact with other people properly, or clearly spent too much time on computers growing up and so thought that 'internet' behaviour is normal.

Knight 7768 14322
  • 31 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

So what you're saying is that you're MAD AT WORDS LMAO M A D

162 105

Ok now i have to admit this shit is getting ridiculous. I agree that there are a lot of homophobic bitches and/or griefer in this game, more then in most other games, but you cant give people, who arent interested in your game and want to use your game only as platform to advertise their way of thinking and enforce it on others through moderation, power.

There are just to many people out there who act reasonable and competent in order to get the moderation privileges just to become a total dictator afterwards and force everybody else to play by their own self madeup rules and believes, which dont even make any sense and change on a daily base dependend of the mood of those people.

Dont let the people who are only here to create outrage for their own agenda and use your game as an advertisment platform run the show here. If people get kicked from public server constantly for madeup reasons, or because they said minor swearwords(not talking about racial stuff here), then your game will be a ghost town soon.

What this game needs is:

• Autokick system for teamdamage and teamkills with a additional 1 hour ban for this server after the autokick.
  • disable building inside of spawn rooms
  • disable teamswitching mid round
  • show teamdamage and teamkill stats for every player on the scoreboard and when a votekick gets initiated

Thats it. And maybe the quality of life improvement to always disable voice lines for all players in the option menu or disable them in the scoreboard. Muting individual lute player would also be very welcome.

1940 2028
  • 31 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

@ToLazy4Name said:
Imagine letting WORDS impact your review

Words impacting words. Unthinkable!

Racism already is against the rules of the official servers. So if breaking the rules is fine, why do you want cheaters banned? I'm sure I can find some people that don't have a problem with cheating. And as you oftentimes implied that should be enough to make it a non-issue.

Knight 7768 14322
  • 31 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

@SWSeriousMike said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Imagine letting WORDS impact your review

Words impacting words. Unthinkable!

Racism already is against the rules of the official servers. So if breaking the rules is fine, why do you want cheaters banned? I'm sure I can find some people that don't have a problem with cheating. And as you oftentimes implied that should be enough to make it a non-issue.

Just because I think people are ridiculous for getting upset with words doesn't mean I'm disregarding the rules or think they shouldn't be enforced lmao

1940 2028
  • 31 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

The second paragraph wasn't particularly aimed at you.

777 1031
  • 31 May '19
 smellycathawk

Should probably just ignore Beefboi the way he ignores good argumentation

96 128
  • 31 May '19
 Reapy

Folks, the devs feel the same way. I've seen devs on stream ban people making those comments on the servers they are on.

It's a small team, they are working on a lot of things. They probably also just got their money from sales, or will soon, so I imagine the financial/company planning is going to take a lot of time as well. We'll get our filters, it's just a question of when.

Honestly the best solution will be remote connection to the servers so admins can start writing scripts to react off logs. Just having a log of chat and team damage and we'll have autokick/ban for language and excessive team wounding. Probably have to tune it up for catapults though.

404 607
  • 31 May '19
 smug

The devs only have the power to ban people on servers they own. if they start policing third party servers it's over for Mordhau.

68 94
  • 31 May '19
 narwic

Is there some non-profit I can donate to? To help fight this cancer?

Nobody cares about your review bud.

104 70
  • 31 May '19
 urm

"People clearly come here with the expectation that they can make any comment they desire"

Literally says free speech is bad. I wish this was bait, but my experience tells me it isn't

1940 2028
  • 31 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

What does free speech mean in your opinion?