Mordhau

Please, if you want people to keep playing your game, put some auto-kick filters in place for slurs

133 167
  • 2 Jun
 Atlas-D

@narwic said:
Is there some kind of culture shock going on? Are people who have never been on the internet before suddenly all deciding to play Mordhau? If that's the case, that's awesome and welcome, shitheads!

Seriously, how many of these threads can there be? Nobody is actually anything-phobic, they probably just like rustling your jimmies.

There's a very disgusting, vile and contemptible population of people that are trying to twist culture and humanity, to make it as "safe and friendly" as possible by censoring and using authority to undermine their opposition. Resist it.

133 167
  • 2 Jun
 Atlas-D

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
starting to think the devs are terrified of losing their crusades-fetishizing racist demographic considering a giant subset of the community seems to be lobbying for racism to own the "normies" lol

Name checks out

1403 1467

@Atlas-D said:
There's a very disgusting, vile and contemptible population of people that are trying to twist culture and humanity, to make it as "safe and friendly" as possible by censoring and using authority to undermine their opposition. Resist it.

And you are offering a hazardous and hostile alternative? Man, that sounds really tempting.

133 167
 Atlas-D

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

And you are offering a hazardous and hostile alternative? Man, that sounds really tempting.

No, I'm offering "let people do whatever the fuck they want as long as no one is hurt or deprived or property" and stop trying to be a utopian mastermind who thinks he knows better. Hostility ill-willed or not on an in-game online chat is hardly threatening or harmful, unless it is interfering your gameplay (such as spam or being focused on exclusively and ganked). No one should give a shit about what a bunch of random players on a video game think or say, you don't even know these fucking people. Grow some fucking skin. Maybe mute them, turn off chat, or just wait for the devs to release the filter (which they said is already coming).

Count 3976 8325

@Atlas-D said:
hurt or deprived or property

what

2 1
  • 2 Jun
 Barnett

Why are people arguing about what is and isn't offensive? There isn't a need for a moral debate here considering that racial slurs are already against the rules and are a bannable offence.

Count 3976 8325

@Barnett said:
Why are people arguing about what is and isn't offensive? There isn't a need for a moral debate here considering that racial slurs are already against the rules and are a bannable offence.

rules are a spook

133 167
 Atlas-D

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Atlas-D said:

what

Yeah, with the way you pussies are reacting it seems that things at this level is happening. But sure, cut out a part of the entire post and ignore the rest of it.

80 35
  • 2 Jun
 SkinnyPete

@Atlas-D said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

No, I'm offering "let people do whatever the fuck they want as long as no one is hurt or deprived or property" and stop trying to be a utopian mastermind who thinks he knows better. Hostility ill-willed or not on an in-game online chat is hardly threatening or harmful, unless it is interfering your gameplay (such as spam or being focused on exclusively and ganked). No one should give a shit about what a bunch of random players on a video game think or say, you don't even know these fucking people. Grow some fucking skin. Maybe mute them, turn off chat, or just wait for the devs to release the filter (which they said is already coming).

You said something very telling there. Your "OUGHT" statement is something you need to have an argument for. Quit trying to conflate descriptive and normative statements. It's disingenuous.

523 566
  • 2 Jun
 Deadmode

Watch out everyone. Alpha male in the chat. Stand back and admire his unfathomable wokeness.

133 167
  • 2 Jun
 Atlas-D

@SkinnyPete said:

@Atlas-D said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

You said something very telling there. Your "OUGHT" statement is something you need to have an argument for. Quit trying to conflate descriptive and normative statements. It's disingenuous.

Stop using your college class notes to flex on people in a video game forum and talk to me in a way that I can understand clearly, then maybe we can get somewhere.

Count 3976 8325

@Atlas-D said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Atlas-D said:

what

Yeah, with the way you pussies are reacting it seems that things at this level is happening. But sure, cut out a part of the entire post and ignore the rest of it.

37d.jpg

Knight 7646 14035

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Atlas-D said:

what

hurt or deprived of property

717 591

@Atlas-D said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
starting to think the devs are terrified of losing their crusades-fetishizing racist demographic considering a giant subset of the community seems to be lobbying for racism to own the "normies" lol

Name checks out

dtf?

Count 3976 8325

@ToLazy4Name said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Atlas-D said:

what

what is the last word i dont understand

80 35
  • 2 Jun
 SkinnyPete

@Atlas-D said:

@SkinnyPete said:

@Atlas-D said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

Stop using your college class notes to flex on people in a video game forum and talk to me in a way that I can understand clearly, then maybe we can get somewhere.

If something as simple as is and ought statements are confusing to you, maybe you should open up a book, or browser tab for you kids, and read up before you engage in conversation.

Knight 7646 14035

@TheDankestMeme said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Atlas-D said:

what

what is the last word i dont understand

google it you fucking french fried retard

133 167
 Atlas-D

@SkinnyPete said:

@Atlas-D said:

@SkinnyPete said:

@Atlas-D said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

If something as simple as is and ought statements are confusing to you, maybe you should open up a book, or browser tab for you kids, and read up before you engage in conversation.

Nice way to completely dodge the argument and seem smart at the same time. It is "confusing" because I don't understand what it means, and I'm asking you to lay it out that sentence in a way that laymen can understand.

80 35
  • 3 Jun
 SkinnyPete

@Atlas-D said:

@SkinnyPete said:

@Atlas-D said:

@SkinnyPete said:

@Atlas-D said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

Nice way to completely dodge the argument and seem smart at the same time. It is "confusing" because I don't understand what it means, and I'm asking you to lay it out that sentence in a way that laymen can understand.

Not a dodge, but you don't seem worth the time. Either way; Something that "is" is a descriptive statement, which describes an objective claim, position, or subject etc. When you say ought, or should you step into the normative statement territory. The scientific process deals in is, while philosophy deals in ought, or should positions. Hence, when you get on the internet and people make bold claims about how things should be, it makes sense that a person would provide a syllogistic argument that is both sound and valid. True premises necessarily lead to true conclusions. We can go all the way back to Socrates:

Socrates is a man, all men are mortal, therefore Socrates is mortal. The argument has valid premises, and therefore the conclusion is sound.

This is why it spins my head to get on a forum and read ridiculous memery that is nothing but fallacy after fallacy. If people aren't going to say true things, or at least present an argument why they believe something to be true, we are just talking past each other, and wasting my time. I could go on and on, but this is literally freshman level ethics, and philosophy.

717 591

how dare u be more educated than me. where'd u learn that, freakin....COLLEGE??? lmao look at this guy not having a learning disability, what a normie