Mordhau

Please, if you want people to keep playing your game, put some auto-kick filters in place for slurs

1 4

It takes a fair amount to actually offend me or cause me to go and do something about it if I am... but here I am after all...

EVERY game I've played over the last week has a dozen or so balls-yet-to-drop edgelords shouting the n word and other slurs in chat. Votekick only does so much. Turning off chat is a garbage option because chat is useful for tactics, strategy, even sharing a laugh over an absurd fight with a foe.

I want this game to succeed. But if something isn't done about the absurd levels of toxicity, racism, homophobia, and transphobia I see in on a daily basis, the edgy kids (and the actual bigots) are going to burn out the community. I've seen it before on other games I love who failed to address it and it eats away at the player base constantly (read: YOUR FUTURE PROSPECT FOR PROFITS).

If someone is spamming slurs, they should be auto-kicked. Simple as that. Put an algorithm in place. There's a reason for several other threads bringing up these issues, but I haven't seen any call for an auto-kick from servers.

Sure, you'll get idiots who spend an inordinate amount of time figuring out ways around the filters, but it shows that the company cares about making the community a place where people aren't repeatedly subjected to abuse simply as part of using the chat -- an integral feature of the game.

39 150

@donewithracistkids said:
It takes a fair amount to actually offend me or cause me to go and do something about it if I am... but here I am after all...

The rest of the post tells us your first line is a lie.

Knight 7577 13875
104 70
  • 30 May
 urm

Turn off the chat or grow up, the choice is yours.

98 87
  • 30 May
 BOBOLOJOE

the bad words hurt my innocent eyes

15 7

"Bad" words are the least of the problems on this game.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 30 May
 ToLazy4Name

@stopwithchivalrycrap said:

lmao nice name I wonder what your complaints could possibly be

39 150

@ToLazy4Name said:

@stopwithchivalrycrap said:

lmao nice name I wonder what your complaints could possibly be

Probably that it's not close enough to chivalry.

68 94
  • 31 May
 narwic

Is there some kind of culture shock going on? Are people who have never been on the internet before suddenly all deciding to play Mordhau? If that's the case, that's awesome and welcome, shitheads!

Seriously, how many of these threads can there be? Nobody is actually anything-phobic, they probably just like rustling your jimmies.

274 320
  • 31 May
 DrGert

@narwic said:
Is there some kind of culture shock going on? Are people who have never been on the internet before suddenly all deciding to play Mordhau? If that's the case, that's awesome and welcome, shitheads!

Seriously, how many of these threads can there be? Nobody is actually anything-phobic, they probably just like rustling your jimmies.

Sometimes I rustle my own jimmy

150 58
  • 31 May
 Botas

Those words "homophobia, transophobia etc" are made up, they don't even exist, they are even incorrect.

I am not afraid of a degenerate.

777 1029

if someone is spamming period full stop, they should be put on a chat cooldown.

If someone said something you didn't like, or uses words that violate your delicate sensibilities, deal with it. Mute them.

6 5
  • 31 May
 Beyorlan

Lol, do you actually think the vast majority of players give 2 flying fucks about random words? Enough that it will kill the game, really bud.

Mercenary 2185 3899
39 21
  • 31 May
 Beefenstein

If words aren't bad, why is anyone disagreeing with the OP? I mean, they're only saying words.

777 1029

@Beefenstein said:
If words aren't bad, why is anyone disagreeing with the OP? I mean, they're only saying words.

kys master baiter

39 21
  • 31 May
 Beefenstein

@smellycathawk said:

@Beefenstein said:

kys master baiter

Thank you for acknowledging my mastery in producing paragraphs which others feel compelled to reply to. In terms of online forum discussion, that's a pretty important thing.

When it comes to 'kys', we all know that words 'can't be bad'. There's nothing that, to an adult person, has to be perceived through language as threatening or unpleasant. There are simply no slurs that can affect me if I choose not to be affected. Therefore I perceive you as telling me to 'kiss your sister'. Please tell me where your sister lives and I'll do my best to snog her face off, thanks.

Knight 2229 4004
  • 31 May
 Runagate

Clearly takes far less to offend you than most of us

39 21
  • 31 May
 Beefenstein

@Runagate said:
Clearly takes far less to offend you than most of us

You might be playing a game where the winning condition is 'not being offended', I'm not.

777 1029

@Beefenstein said:

@smellycathawk said:

@Beefenstein said:

kys master baiter

Thank you for acknowledging my mastery in producing paragraphs which others feel compelled to reply to. In terms of online forum discussion, that's a pretty important thing.

When it comes to 'kys', we all know that words 'can't be bad'. There's nothing that, to an adult person, has to be perceived through language as threatening or unpleasant. There are simply no slurs that can affect me if I choose not to be affected. Therefore I perceive you as telling me to 'kiss your sister'. Please tell me where your sister lives and I'll do my best to snog her face off, thanks.

See OP? Words can't hurt.