Mordhau

Rudimentary Server Modding Guide

252 864
  • 30 May
 Cswic

This will be a brief guide on doing some basic mods for your server. Do this at your own risk, I am not responsible for anything that happens to your server. If you find something that you feel is an exploit, I advise you to report it rather than abuse it.

This guide requires that you have access to your server's Mordhau files. For an example of what can be done see the video below.

In general, you can take things out, but you can not replace or add things in (few exceptions).
Try to keep that in mind when you are thinking of ideas you'd like to try.
The majority of what you will be doing is simply deleting, or renaming a file. E.g. BP_Longbow.uasset -> BP_Longbow_rem.uasset. You only need to be concerned with the .uasset files

First find your Mordhau Contents folder on your server. The majority of files you will be concerned with are in the Blueprints folder.

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints

Make a copy of your Blueprints folder so you have a clean copy as a backup. I suggest making a copy of your clean Blueprints folder and starting from there every time you want to make a new modded Blueprint preset. This way you have multiple setups to swap between easily as well as a clean starting point.

If you want to remove weapons or other items

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/Equipment
  • Misc: Contains items such as healing items, medkits, and toolboxes.
  • Ranged: Archery weapons and certain ranged throwables.
  • Shields: Shields.
  • Thrown: Thrown weapons.
  • Weapons: Specific folder contains all of the weapons and the WeaponAnimationProfiles folder contains the animation profiles for the weapons.

Let's say you want to remove the Dagger from your server. You would navigate to the following:

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/Equipment/Weapons/Specific/OneHanded

From here you would delete or rename the BP_Dagger.uasset file.

Players will still be able to select the dagger from the loadout menu when they join the server, but they will not have it when they spawn as the server does not have the weapon.

The same concept can be applied to the majority of weapons, items, and other equipment. However bear in mind the following:

Some weapons are based off of others, and as such require that they exist in order to work. If A relies on B, and B is removed but A is not, your server/game will crash on startup

One example is that BP_Maul.uasset requires BP_Battleaxe.uasset. Removing the Battleaxe while leaving the maul in will result in a crash. So this means you could have a battle axe only server, but not a maul only server (using this method) as the maul requires the battle axe.

FL_Grad has 2 NPCs that each have weapons. Their weapons require the BP_Mace.uasset and BP_Maul.uasset to exist, so if you remove them make sure you remove the FL_Grad NPC weapon counterparts or your server will crash upon loading FL_Grad.

Navigate to

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/Horde/UniqueWeapons

If you remove mace, also remove BP_MaceGradJailer.uasset.
If you remove maul, also remove BP_MaulGradCommander.uasset.

Doing this will make the NPCs spawn in without any weapons and you will be able to play FL_Grad on your server still. You can see the grad commander using fists in the video above.

There are also some potential crash issues with removing Thrown Weapons. In general if your game/server is crashing after you remove a thrown weapon, go and double check the UniqueWeapons folder above to see if there is a horde counterpart. If so, remove that file too.

You can also not remove fists (as far as I know) using the same method as above. Instead, we will remove the animation profile for fists. The result is that players will see themselves punching on your server, but your server does not "see" it, so they are ghost hits and harmless.

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/Equipment/Weapons/Specific/WeaponAnimationProfiles

Rename BP_FistsAnimationProfile.uasset

If you want to remove armor

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/Wearables

This is straight forward, just remove or rename the Tier0/Tier1/Tier2/Tier3 folders as needed.

• UpperChest: Contains the folders for chest armor.
  • Legs: Contains the folders for leg armor.
  • Head: Contains the folders for head armor.

If you want to remove Horses, Ballista, Catapults, or Camp RNG Trebuchets

Mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/Interactables

For Horses navigate to the Animals folder.

• Remove all horses by removing BP_HorseSpawner.uasset

For Siege navigate to the SiegeEngines folder.

• Catapult: Remove BP_Catapult.uasset or BP_CatapultSpawner.uasset.
  • Ballista: Remove BP_Ballista.uasset or BP_BallistaSpawner.uasset
  • Trebuchets: Remove BP_Trebuchet.uasset

This should be enough to get most people started. The above is just based on my findings experimenting with my own server, nothing is set in stone. if you find something useful, feel free to share.

7 7
  • 30 May
 Shackito

I would like to just limit the archers to let's say...5 per team and raise the spawn time of the horses, but since we don't have ANY oficial way/tool to make this happen as admin I will definitely try this method and see how it goes.

Thanks!

252 864
  • 30 May
 Cswic

Horse spawn time is handled in the Game.ini config file for the server as far as I know. Archers are an all or nothing approach currently.

36 12
  • 30 May
 Taki7o7

Thank you very much for this. It helps to avoid griefers on our duel servers for example while there is no official mod support.

7 7
  • 30 May
 Shackito

@Cswic said:
Horse spawn time is handled in the Game.ini config file for the server as far as I know. Archers are an all or nothing approach currently.

Yes, the line is "HorseRespawnTime=30.000000" (Default) but I've been trying to change that number many times with no luck or respawn time change at all.

3 1
  • 25 Jun
 LiFasT

i want make a server only can use bow. Is this feasible?

3 1
  • 25 Jun
 LiFasT

How to do it?
I want remove sword , but it crash.

3 1
  • 25 Jun
 LiFasT

OK i know. I remove all and it can't crash

1 0

Hi,
can you remove the kick bot?
i want to get rid of this on my server horde

2 0

How do I remove the Ogre Club in Horde?
I want to make a melee-only server, but fighting Ogres in melee is really hard, specially when you are playing alone.
I dont find anything about the Ogre Club in Unique weapons or other Horde folders.
Edit: I dont even find any file when searching "Club" in all dedicated server files.

167 117

@MontagIstKacke said:
How do I remove the Ogre Club in Horde?
I want to make a melee-only server, but fighting Ogres in melee is really hard, specially when you are playing alone.
I dont find anything about the Ogre Club in Unique weapons or other Horde folders.
Edit: I dont even find any file when searching "Club" in all dedicated server files.

Better yet, does renaming the ogre club asset into, lets say, the dagger asset, and removing the original dagger asset, replace daggers with ogre clubs?

6 0

Has anyone figured out the dependencies on the files? i'm trying to remove all ranged and thrown weapons but the server is just crashing.

1 0

Sadly this doesn't work with the latest update, seeming it converts all the server files into .pak files. I have managed to find a way to unpack these using UnrealUnPak.exe however when I repack, and upload it to my server it just instantly crashes seeming it cannot read the newly packed file.

1 0

Has there been any more progress on this?

I run a duel server that has been getting smoke spammed and want to disable them again like I could before patch 14. I was going to just DL the pak folders until I found the one containing the uasset files but after reading what Nicholas wrote it sounds like it might be a waste of time.