Mordhau

Chivalry 2?

15 7

I was very happy when i heard some peoples from chivalry were making a better video game without the crap and issues from it.
Sadly i must say that i am very disappointed and find myself scammed... again. And even more sadly the 2 hours from steam are not enough to try video games so no more refund can be possible now.

I want to start with the good stuff by the way, despite they are very secondary and don't involve the gameplay's core:

• Graphic is better than Chivalry
  • Animations are quite better
  • Great customization
  • No microtransactions. It's very nice to see that there's still video games without that crap business model.
  • No crap skins... for now, and i hope they will never add any.
  • Buying the game from official shop rather than Steam is more Satisfying.

Now what i find very bad:

• There is no demo to try the game and the 2 hours limit from steam are not enough.
  • Mordhau is as fast paced as chivalry.
  • Perks... really? Wasn't this game skill based?
  • Combat system is nearly identical of Chivalry, maybe only some minor tweaking make the difference but barely noticeable.
  • Peoples can one click block on 360° degree angle like chivalry
  • Peoples can swing multiple players at the same time.
  • Peoples can jump block multiple times with very low stamina loss.
  • Peoples can one click multi block different enemies from different sides.
  • Hitboxes/Hitreg are as bad as chivalry ones. Actually on chivalry they seemed to work a little bit better.
  • Chasing mechanic?
  • Extremely broken horses: spears do very little to them; horseman can outreach your longer weapon with a crap little one handed sword while mounting; horseman charge attack doesn't get stop by throwing axes (maybe other weapons too).
  • Feint spamming
  • Firepot spamming
  • Easy to use catapults... too easy.
  • Moveable catapults.
  • No limited ammunition for catapults.
  • Ballista that shot as fasts as machine guns.
  • Environmental artillery kills you...
  • There's literally no punishment for teamkillers and griefers.
  • Votekick option not in UI but only accessible through the console and most of the time you have to remap the key to activate it (like my case). Should be easy accessible and fast to use.
  • Same for report system.
  • Very low number of maps (frontline game mode). You get bored vey fast.
  • No incentive to do objectives, very low reward. I actually don't care about the reward from it but most of players imply play like TDM in frontline.
  • No HUD customization apart hiding/showing teammates icons.
  • Ping jumps high very often.

Probably i am missing something, i may update it in the future.
Sadly we are just playing another chivalry game at the moment. I hope developers will do serious improvement to the game, otherwise at least give modders the right tools to make this possible on their own for the community.

At the current state i would have prefer to pay like 10€ for the game and 15€ for the supporter pack, until further improvements. Also making a demo will show the good honesty from developers.

Thank you for reading and sorry for any language mistake.

777 1029

Scammed? Are you slow?

Ignoring all the blatantly wrong stuff you said regarding mechanics.... you realize there has been footage of this game on youtube for years now right? Hundreds of hours of twitch streams? An open forum since like 2016 where you could ask anything about the game.

If you neglected to do your research, that's on you.

In a sea of dumb posts this is somehow by far the Dumbest post yet.

210 197
  • 30 May
 recurf

go away

15 7

@smellycathawk said:
Scammed? Are you slow?

Ignoring all the blatantly wrong stuff you said regarding mechanics.... you realize there has been footage of this game on youtube for years now right? Hundreds of hours of twitch streams? An open forum since like 2016 where you could ask anything about the game.

If you neglected to do your research, that's on you.

In a sea of dumb posts this is somehow by far the Dumbest post yet.

Thank you for ignoring the important stuff instead of providing any proof to counter them. I'm glad at least you confirmed what is going on.

119 78
  • 30 May
 Cence

I didn't play Chivalry and only have 75 hours in Mordhau, yet I think some of your points are very valid. Other ones not so much.

"Mordhau is as fast paced as chivalry." - Why is this bad?

"Perks... really? Wasn't this game skill based?" - It is skill based. Using perks limits your armour and weapon options.

"Combat system is nearly identical of Chivalry, maybe only some minor tweaking make the difference but barely noticeable." - Hey, if it works, it works. The combat system is by far the best one I have ever seen in a video game.

"Peoples can one click multi block different enemies from different sides." - It is already very difficult to fight more than 1 opponent. Without this mechanic, 1vX situations would simply be impossible. Do you want that?

"Peoples can swing multiple players at the same time." - Same as above.

"Peoples can one click block on 360° degree angle like chivalry" - Not true?

"Hitboxes/Hitreg are as bad as chivalry ones." - I've never had any weird issues with hitboxes in combat.

"Feint spamming" - Just counter it by chambering or learning to read feints?

I do agree on the catapults, ballistas and horses though. But that's just me.

Knight 7671 14080
  • 30 May
 ToLazy4Name

I didn't even bother reading halfway through your list after you put multiple incorrect statements lmao

3 6
  • 31 May
 Factor

this post is easy to ignore because it is largely incorrect

274 320
  • 31 May
 DrGert

Perks? What is your complaint exactly? The only perk that REALLY makes a big difference is bloodlust

367 340
  • 31 May
 Peacerer

Hey you motrfckr punk a55 beach GTFO...

...this is usual response you can receive here from 16 year old 2h elitist die hard self proclaimed PGs who mostly don't even bother to read.

777 1029

@Peacerer said:

...this is usual response you can receive here from 16 year old 2h elitist die hard self proclaimed PGs who mostly don't even bother to read.

At least not even the OP seem to think bows are underpowered, or that shields should go back to the way they were before.

367 340
  • 31 May
 Peacerer

@smellycathawk said:

@Peacerer said:

At least not even the OP seem to think bows are underpowered, or that shields should go back to the way they were before.

STFU kid.

523 566
  • 31 May
 Deadmode

@Peacerer said:

@Peacerer said:
STFU kid.

367 340
  • 31 May
 Peacerer

@Deadmode said:

@Peacerer said:

@Peacerer said:
STFU kid.

Exactly, you don't get it, do you?

Knight 7671 14080
  • 31 May
 ToLazy4Name

Go away peace no one cares that you want your easy hold block to win back lmao

523 566
  • 31 May
 Deadmode

@peacerer if you really hate the game and the decisions the devs have made this much, why don't you just fuck off and find another game?

367 340
  • 31 May
 Peacerer

@ToLazy4Name said:
Go away peace no one cares that you want your easy hold block to win back lmao

Go away lazy no one cares that you want your easy 3 meters roflcopter to easy win lamo.

FYI i've played 2h almost exclusively topping score all the time.

1091 1722

Yeah, let's bully peacerer in this thread too. Let's rise to the bait like in every other thread.

367 340
  • 31 May
 Peacerer

@Deadmode said:
@peacerer if you really hate the game and the decisions the devs have made this much, why don't you just fuck off and find another game?

Does it smell nice up in the developers' dark place? Why don't you just fuck off telling others to fuck off, skilless punk?!

777 1029

@Peacerer said:
FYI i've played 2h almost exclusively topping score all the time.

He's only played 2 hours guys. This explains so much!