AngelEyes

I hope they never waste time adding voip
to the game.

Add more voice lines instead.

Knight 337 777
  • 31 May '19
 AngelEyes

@Corvidae said:
Where is voice chat? I don't want to memorize 50 keyed commands to communicate with my team, plus that kind of interaction is very limited. I have been asking around while playing and guess what? People on public Front line are not using Discord. Public games would be so much better if you could communicate through voice with your team. Any game I've played with voice has been made better by being able to coordinate with my team. As someone new to the game, and the game itself is new, there are also opportunities to connect with other players and try to coordinate play.

Trying to take objectives, deal with people infiltrating your base, etc just work better and make the game superior with voice. I don't feel like I need to hear the other team voice chat and the idea of proximity chat is a little weird to me when the main point is I want to talk to my team.

I can just hear it now, you barking command like Rykker and the other 31 player screaming [email protected] and making fap sounds in their mic.

5 9
  • 31 May '19
 WDMeaun

If possible I vote for : "Never include voice chat ingame!"
I don't like hearing 98% of all gamers

549 618
  • 31 May '19
 Deadmode

Voice chat that is mutable is pointless. I'll explain why:

It only works to augment team coordination if people react to the instructions, obey commands and importantly, listen to the VOIP in the first place.

If you have VOIP in this game that can be turned off if people don't want it, then you'll find large swathes of players wont even hear what you're trying to communicate, and then a large portion of the rest won't give a shit and ignore you anyway. This achieves nothing at all and only serves to increase server load (on servers that are struggling with 64p frontline as is).

It's also a pain in the ass to manage if you did want to listen to VOIP as you'd spend large amount of time ingame in a menu trying to mute annoying players.

I'm sorry, but for pub games I cannot see a way that VOIP would work or make the experience better. If you really want a cohesive teamplay experience using voice chat then you really need to join a clan and use discord - it's the only answer that works.

King 2430 3417

Voice for party/friends if join server together if theres also a easier add people to party selection from player menu to coordinate or chat and chill

549 618
  • 1 Jun '19
 Deadmode

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:
Voice for party/friends if join server together if theres also a easier add people to party selection from player menu to coordinate or chat and chill

Why not use discord? This isn't a console experience where VOIP must be in the game or there's nothing else. We have alternatives and it would also keep the stress off Mordhau servers.

6 2
  • 1 Jun '19
 LUEPolkunus

If you don't like it

turn

it

off

why is this so difficult to understand. Why am I being imposed by someone else's literally preference which if they had turned off wouldn't affect people that want it turned on and vice versa.

549 618
  • 1 Jun '19
 Deadmode

@LUEPolkunus said:
If you don't like it

turn

it

off

why is this so difficult to understand. Why am I being imposed by someone else's literally preference which if they had turned off wouldn't affect people that want it turned on and vice versa.

did you even read my larger post above?

6 2
  • 6 Jun '19
 LUEPolkunus

@Deadmode said:

@LUEPolkunus said:
If you don't like it

turn

it

off

did you even read my larger post above?

Discord isn't for meeting new strangers, its for communities. Its not to talk to people you don't know in the same server you're in. You can't on the fly communicate with a random. You can't quickly convey language or crack a joke or comment on something.

I use discord but its not a replacement for voip in game.

And I don't understand your larger post. From what you're projecting you're looking for a practical reason of voice chat's existence and you're missing the concept of voice chat and what it accomplishes. I'm not looking for anything that serves me to improve my game in voice chat, I want human voice interaction. You don't seem to be the type of player that utilizes such social features. Please look at it from another player's shoes.

The only point, which I can grasp as a con for VOIP is server load, but due to the fact its already built into unreal engine and based on the compression/quality of the VOIP, its been in games as old as nearly two decades when servers were run on potatoes, I'm sure mordhau will do fine.

Some of you guys take this game too seriously. Some people enjoy having a beer, spamming swing, spamming their lutes and having fun.

Knight 7768 14320
  • 6 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

Some people enjoy being useless retards, yes

777 1031
  • 6 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

Make voice lines better. Make them shorter and more concise. In chiv when you just wanted a simple "no" or "sorry" you got it. 1 or 2 syllables, useful in all situations.
In this you get like 2 sentence jokes for every line, which are useless in most context, just throw away jokes for their own sake..

1908 1995
  • 6 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

"Yes, yes. I can do that."

162 125
  • 7 Jun '19
 Schwarzchild

voice chat is a double edge sword, it can be a benefit or fun during pubs/comp side but harmful as said previous comments
i think a toggle would bring this to a closure --> same as female models

64 35

We already have voice lines which are easy to use and streamlined from its predecessor, Chivalry Medieval Warfare. You're just sounding a bit entitled not wanting to learn "50 keyed commands". Btw, Chivalry tried implementing a voice chat, and was soon removed after. Saying to simply mute it, ignore it, or kick it, doesn't solve the problems of toxicity and obsolete voice commands. You're sounding really entitled buddy.