Mordhau

Most players are using stab weapons they need a fucking nerf

91 104
  • 29 May '19
 takemura

What the hell is this stab meta?, stab needs a nerf, everyone and their mothers are playing stab weapons, it is just completely unfun to play at all this game now, everyone is stab spamming.

If you come here to say "but yu kin chimbir it ind then acciiil a side slish!" take your BS outa here, you can't , it is impossible, if you want to prove that i am wrong and you are correct about stabs not being a problem, make a video of yourself doign exactly what you said but at someone stab spamming at you.

111 97
  • 29 May '19
 BOBOLOJOE

stabbing is effecting in real life and against armor in real life.
many medieval armies are made mostly of spear men for this reason.
stabbing is fast and has long range so its good for keeping people at distance.
stabbing is also easy to miss.
wait for these people to wind up their stab, and side step them.
combat is about movement, so get good noob

make a video? hrmm.. challenge accepted

Knight 7768 14309
  • 29 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

mad and badpilled

404 603
  • 29 May '19
 smug

Its not hard to counter them man. It's honestly probably not the videogame for you and you shouldn't waste time on it, if at this point in time you are still struggling with consistently parrying non feinted/dragged stabs. That's neither a slight toward you or the game.

48 16
  • 29 May '19
 xperimentxp

@BOBOLOJOE said:
stabbing is effecting in real life and against armor in real life.
many medieval armies are made mostly of spear men for this reason.

Stabbing is not effective against FULL plate armor in real life. They were made to deviate stabs.
That's why mordhau and blunt weapon exist.

Spear's advantages IRL :

• super easy to learn
  • cost of a spear, it's fast to produce.
  • super effective when spearmen grouped with shields
  • best in 1v1 against swordman, because the first hit can kill (see next point)
  • stab hit can cause Hemorrhagic stroke more easily than a slash (because the spear in the wound, makes an up and down movement)
  • great with a shield
  • great against cavalry
531 579
  • 29 May '19
 Deadmode

Just because you can't beat a stab weapon does not mean the game is in need of balance changes.

Stab weapons are viable. New players will use them because they are easy to be effective with, requiring little skill to get kills. They have weaknesses though - their slashes are weaker and they will favour one move, so chambering is easy.

If you can't chamber a stab and vary the attacks from that chamber, then you have the problem, not the game.

Go onto a duel server and play against short swords, short spears, rapiers, estocs etc until you learn or find a buddy to train against. This whole "make a video and prove it" stuff is pointless as any VOD from a streamer or YouTube video can show you these techniques in action.

I'm more than happy to go into a server with you and show you how to perform a few anti-stab moves, if you're in the EU.

404 603
  • 29 May '19
 smug

Stop telling people to primarily chamber regular stab attempts its actually an extremely bad habit.

531 579
  • 29 May '19
 Deadmode

@smug said:
Stop telling people to primarily chamber regular stab attempts its actually an extremely bad habit.

Repeatedly chambering and doing nothing else, yes. However, chambering and morphing into an additional attack or feint or similar to gain a hit or the initiative from repeated stabbing is a good approach. I find that usually this is enough to unnerve most stabbers to then get strikes on them by more simple, less stamina-hungry means.

But yeah, chambering every stab is as bad as the stabbing itself, and obviously very costly.

117 115
  • 29 May '19
 The Bird

Just get heavier armor and a big sword. If this doesn't work, get a shield of your own and short spear. If this still doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you...

39 21
  • 29 May '19
 Beefenstein

@Deadmode said:

@smug said:

Repeatedly chambering and doing nothing else, yes. However, chambering and morphing into an additional attack or feint or similar to gain a hit or the initiative from repeated stabbing is a good approach. I find that usually this is enough to unnerve most stabbers to then get strikes on them by more simple, less stamina-hungry means.

But yeah, chambering every stab is as bad as the stabbing itself, and obviously very costly.

I'd love some more detailed tutorial scenarios: I can chamber into a morph perfectly fine, but doing so when in the middle of a scrum isn't as easy. More tutorials to practice this kind of stuff, please.

531 579
  • 29 May '19
 Deadmode

@Beefenstein said:
I'd love some more detailed tutorial scenarios: I can chamber into a morph perfectly fine, but doing so when in the middle of a scrum isn't as easy. More tutorials to practice this kind of stuff, please.

If you're in a 1vX situation getting flinched or killed before your morph comes off, then you shouldn't be chambering but parrying until you have a better opportunity to attack or counter or re-position.

1vX is all about being able to avoid getting surrounded, aligning enemies to keep 1 enemy attack at a time, parrying everything until you have an opening, using unflinchable ripostes to gain hits and to switch as often as possible. If you chamber then pick your moments and try and switch with it too.

274 322
  • 29 May '19
 DrGert

An easier way would be to parry and riposte an acceled slash. It is realllllly not hard and most of the time you’ll land a hit because anyone stab spamming is often a beginner. It’s really funny how someone stab spamming rapiers in a duel server always seems to come in last if there are any halfway competent players in the server fighting against him.

777 1031
  • 29 May '19
 smellycathawk

Guys weapons are too powerful they need a nerf

91 104
  • 30 May '19
 takemura

I'm wating for your fucking videos proving me wrong or get the fuck outa here.

777 1031
  • 30 May '19
 smellycathawk

@takemura said:

Usually when you bring a case to trial you are the one who has to support it.

JUDGE THIS MAN IS THE KILLER NOW POST VIDEOS PROVING ME WRONG OR GET THE FUCK OUT

91 104
  • 30 May '19
 takemura

@smellycathawk said:

@takemura said:

JUDGE THIS MAN IS THE KILLER NOW POST VIDEOS PROVING ME WRONG OR GET THE FUCK OUT

No bitch, this is not a fucking trial and who needs to bring proof to this argument is the faggots that are claiming it is easier to counter with chamber and all that BULLSHIT, they are the ones that need to prove their crap or get the fuck out, period.

18 21
  • 30 May '19
 Breidr

@smellycathawk said:
Guys weapons are too powerful they need a nerf

777 1031
  • 30 May '19
 smellycathawk

@takemura said:

@smellycathawk said:

@takemura said:

No bitch, this is not a fucking trial and who needs to bring proof to this argument is the faggots that are claiming it is easier to counter with chamber and all that BULLSHIT, they are the ones that need to prove their crap or get the fuck out, period.

I haven't seen any video evidence for anything u say

91 104
  • 30 May '19
 takemura

@smellycathawk said:

@takemura said:

@smellycathawk said:

@takemura said:

I haven't seen any video evidence for anything u say

The ones that need to bring up evidence are the once claiming it is easy to counter a stab spam not the other way around.

1749 1793
  • 30 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

People that just spam stabs have probably put more thought into the fight than you. Don't be angry for being outsmarted.