Mordhau

This game is extremely, uniquely toxic and I can no longer play it.

39 21
  • 29 May
 Beefenstein

@PinkerStinklage said:

@Beefenstein said:

@Squire_Lurac_of_Case said:
The gays managed to get over the term gay being used in a joking manner.

Evidence that all gay people are happy with the term 'gay' being used as an insult please.

shut up, u r gay. see? you're fine.

Evidence that all gay people are happy with the term 'gay' being used as an insult please.

This comment was deleted.
Knight 469 913
  • 29 May
 wierHL

From what I've been told in my country, it was originally an insult, or at least a way to refer to us as weird. Over the generations we started referring to ourselves as gay and the word became a neutral term without homophobic meaning. Same thing happened with "queer" in the anglosphere but that word's almost never used in my country.

In a similar way people call eachother faggots a lot, but this happens so often outside the context of sexuality that it's starting to get disjoined from its original "flaming faggot" roots (which are quite horrifying tbh). It's starting to lose its homophobic meaning and becoming a general insult.

What I'm trying to say is: people who either use the term "gay" as an insult or feel insulted by it being used like that are the ones behind the curve imho.

162 104

@In_Hoc_Signo_Vinces said:
Excellent analysis, Dr. Mordenhaubergsteinblatt [PhD Armchair Psychology].

Now if you'd stop being such a NPC feggola, maybe you can see what's actually going on. Many people, who unfortunately for your left-leaning tendencies, play video games for a form of escapism. You know, entertainment. So to see some tranny whining that HE doesn't get special treatment or gets made fun of for his clown makeup demanding a change to the community at large will attract ridicule.

But no, just pathologize us low-IQ dum-dum Trump voting 4chan losers. That'll do the trick.

Oh and BTW, OP; your cohorts often kill themselves not long after the mutilation surgery. Something in the ballpark of 40%. Cease your delusions, and get some help. It's not too late.

You know for yourself that your posts are bs orelse you wouldnt have created another account just to post them.

I dont know for sure if the topic creator is baiting you or not, could very well be. But for the case of her being real with it, posting the picture of a transsexual teenager beside a drug addict looking creep, while hiding yourself under a fake account shows what kind of a cowardly cunt you are.

You are the real bitch here.

111 53
  • 29 May
 yvesgomes

@wierHL said:
From what I've been told in my country, it was originally an insult, or at least a way to refer to us as weird. Over the generations we started referring to ourselves as gay and the word became a neutral term without homophobic meaning. Same thing happened with "queer" in the anglosphere but that word's almost never used in my country.

In a similar way people call eachother faggots a lot, but this happens so often outside the context of sexuality that it's starting to get disjoined from its original "flaming faggot" roots (which are quite horrifying tbh). It's starting to lose its homophobic meaning and becoming a general insult.

What I'm trying to say is: people who either use the term "gay" as an insult or feel insulted by it being used like that are the ones behind the curve imho.

South Park has a great episode about this.

312 241
  • 29 May
 LoPan

Tl:dr

Mad about words in a video game.

133 167
  • 29 May
 Atlas-D

If I get banned or penalized for saying anything I want to say ingame (if its not someone else's server) then I'm I will be in the same shoes your in my friend.

777 1029

Being superduper nice to each other in a testosterone fueled environment of competitive skill killing is unnatural human behavior. Yet most players are in fact nice. If you type a question into chat you'll always be met with some people who try to help.

Some players give in to their ego and make fools of themselves. You just have to be rational and see that they are upset, and stupid. Realize they are just trying to spread their own sense of self-dissatisfaction to others. That's how you win, by not getting offended. (Or learning to process your offededness in a more positive way)
By getting offended and crying for help and guidance and censorship, you are just pointlessly spreading the bullshit, when it should just end with you laughing at the stupidity and reflecting on how fucked up some people can be.

The chat is filled with stupidity above all else tho. Whether it is pointless racism, or a cuck who can't tell the difference between a joke and pointless racism, they both make me a little sad to be human. That's easy to deal with tho i just turn chat off and focus on killing... cause that is what the game is all about. This isn't chatdhau

162 104

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:

Now if you'd stop being such a NPC feggola, maybe you can see what's actually going on. Many people, who unfortunately for your left-leaning tendencies, play video games for a form of escapism. You know, entertainment. So to see some tranny whining that HE doesn't get special treatment or gets made fun of for his clown makeup demanding a change to the community at large will attract ridicule.

But no, just pathologize us low-IQ dum-dum Trump voting 4chan losers. That'll do the trick.

Oh and BTW, OP; your cohorts often kill themselves not long after the mutilation surgery. Something in the ballpark of 40%. Cease your delusions, and get some help. It's not too late.

You know for yourself that your posts are bs orelse you wouldnt have created another account just to post them.

I dont know for sure if the topic creator is baiting you or not, could very well be. But for the case of her being real with it, posting the picture of a transsexual teenager beside a drug addict looking creep, while hiding yourself under a fake account shows what kind of a cowardly cunt you are.

You are the real bitch here.

This is my first account, but admirable deflection. Been playing the game since release week, hadn't followed it before that point. Just decided to make a forum account today.

Try again.

Still does not answer the question why you feel the need of posting her picture beside a picture of a drug addict looking creep.

As said could be that the topic creator is lying to us for the purpose of creating outrage. Could even be that you and the topic creator are the same person just arguing on both sides with multiple accounts, to get people to fight each other.

But we dont know that for sure. If she is really just a teenager, complaining in a too sensitive way about her being mocked, then there is no reason to harm her like that. It also does not help the point your try to make, if you act like a bitch.

312 241
  • 29 May
 LoPan

@NuclearWinter said:
1- On the internet, all cordialities people would have when talking face-to-face to you die and everyone will just discount all their frustrations on you, specially when they realize you're an "ideological enemy".
2- I wouldn't generalize but yes, a considerable proportion of the gaming community can be compared to a 4chan lunatic asylum.
3- Medieval games somehow have an even higher proportion of your typical uneducated Trump supporter who feels threatened by leftists, liberals and any minority group that doesn't meet their conservative spectations.
4- Cattle behavior. Even people who'd have absolutely no problems with who you are will start "bullying" too if others are, because they want to feel part of a group.
5- In most games you would encounter a few rotten apples and move on to never meeting them again as you progress in your ranked matchmaking or whatever, which certainly lessens all the toxicity. The same isn't true for Mordhau, where you'll be joining the same servers with the same people over and over again (at least until ranked matchmaking comes).

There aren't enough moderators and the game is lacking a report system, but the fact that only two readers seem to empathize with what you go through and the very first reply (calling you a cuck and telling you to go cry somewhere else) has far more likes really tells you something about the people you're dealing with, right? There's something deeply wrong with a community when that kind of comment is acceptable, and I'm afraid it won't get any better. Your best bet would be to remove your personal picture (no one should ever use personal pics in online gaming) and just ignore political debates in the chat.

I’m pretty sure that’s the ballpark average of trans people who commit suicide in general. Not exclusively post op. I’m also pretty sure the reason for that number is intolerant bigots like yourself constantly harassing and patronizing them throughout their entire life.

And while I tend to have a fucked up dark sense of humor...

And while I think OP is whiney and redundant for complaining about words, especially over the Internet...

I think pieces of bigoted trash like you are sub human disgraces. And I think more of this crybaby trans ma-ham than you.

Count 3976 8328

@ohshitsorry said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Yo this guy got some nice lips though

I'd fuck him no homo

I'd fuck him yes homo

162 104

Because it's funny. I don't really have to justify humor, fam. And no, we're not the same person. He seems to be a man with mental issues who thinks that others should cater to his sexual delusion, and I'm one of many nobodies making light of a silly situation.

And there you stand, assmad over the whole thing.

If she is really just a teenager,which we dont know, then its only funny for you, not for her.
I really dont want to sound to serious about it, but people need to stop harming others on purpose, just because they find it funny.

She didnt really sound to me like the social justice warrior or man hating fem nazi type. Just like a bit to sensitive about being mocked, which is normal for most teenager.

But then again could also be a fake account, who knows.

Knight 99 263
  • 30 May
 GAYFISH

@Beefenstein said:

@Squire_Lurac_of_Case said:
The gays managed to get over the term gay being used in a joking manner.

I'm pretty fucking gey and I think gay is a great insult.

133 167
  • 30 May
 Atlas-D

@Pariah said:
7 posts victim blaming, 1 post stating the obvious, and 1 irrelevant random quote.

Pretty much sums up the community.

But hey, so long as you're okay with being shit on by straight white guys claiming there's no issues with how they excersize their "right to expression" because they're sitting behind a keyboard then you're totally welcome here.

Sorry the community is trash.

Please just go away, you clearly don't belong here. Also FYI, my """"""right of expression"""""" doesnt always have to be something you agree with, or even find pleasant, you totalitarian bastard.

In 100 or so years when culture takes a right-wing turn, youre gonna fucking regret pushing this censorship shit so hard, as the defintions of "offensive" and "hate speech" can easily be changed to oppress the unpopular opinion of the times (or of the government).

133 167
  • 30 May
 Atlas-D

@LoPan said:

I think pieces of bigoted trash like you are sub human disgraces. And I think more of this crybaby trans ma-ham than you.

Don't worry, we feel the same way about you.

11 10

You do know you have the ability to disable the chat right? Wouldn't this solve all the problems?

You are always going to find someone in the world that say something you find disagreeable or is simply shitty in general, being on the internet only makes it easier to find and see, anyone with a reasonable degree of experience online knows to expect this and how to deal with it.

Why is this even an issue?

133 167
  • 30 May
 Atlas-D

@ArmouredTopHat said:
Why is this even an issue?

Because these fucking babies want to force everyone to behave in the way they see fit. It's the result of being an extremely emotional, thin-skinned bitch on a massive global communication network full of people with differing opinions and beliefs.

Also I'd imagine leaving reddit for the first time turns people like this.

32 14
  • 30 May
 As5Hat

This is a pretty entertaining back and forth.