Mordhau

This game is extremely, uniquely toxic and I can no longer play it.

4 26
  • 29 May
 KyWild

@Gambit said:
Name a non-toxic community.

Kerbal Space Program

523 566
  • 29 May
 Deadmode

@KyWild said:

@Gambit said:

Kerbal Space Program

I literally lolled at this.

If Scott Manley ever said the work "fuck" the internet would implode.

777 1029

@KyWild said:

@Gambit said:

Kerbal Space Program

League of legends

138 218
  • 29 May
 DylanS_98

@McMercy said:

I've had to disable chat completely, and even that's not enough.

Its never enough, is it?
Can you please explain to me how its not enough? Is there ingame voice commands that states there is only 2 genders?

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE
OIM BEEN ATTACKED, ELP
THEREEE IS ONLY TWOOOOO GENDEEERSSSSS

Hidden voice line? Tell me what voice please. Thanks.

1395 1462

@smellycathawk said:

@KyWild said:

@Gambit said:

Kerbal Space Program

League of legends

Random words

Duke 545 903
  • 29 May
 Goatie

Yeah but by taking away words you force them to take troll actions so by trying to make it better on a non client-side level you make it worse. Don't try apply words in a video game to eating. The game is new so tards who hop from game to game to be a spastic are at their highest right now.

1395 1462

I think the idea is to kick and/or ban them. They can't take troll actions at that point anymore.

We have the influx of these topics because so far nothing has been done that could be interpreted as a commitment to reduce harassment. At the moment griefers feel more welcome than regular players or at least more welcome than minorities.

Knight 148 97
  • 29 May
 Lilboots

Turn off or ignore the toxicity, i cop it alot as a archer but it makes me happy that they are sad and i am having an amazing time, take screen shots and report stuff, there are no admins yet but once there are a few kicking around people will start to play normally. its just running rampart as there is no one to enforce the rules.

182 199
  • 29 May
 Roag

I made a thread on this here, hopefully we start to see something along those lines rolled out.

67 40
  • 29 May
 Kuro1n

Normally I am with people who find toxicity to be a problem (and it is a problem if we wanna grow the playerbase) but this just seems like bait. AND the only solution right now is to mute, if that happens you should be set to play without having to deal with cunts.

I hope the devs will release tools to easier mute specific users and furthermore they need to fix kick evasion. But its a small team and I would personally much rather have more content and mod tools.

1 3

You really need to get over yourself. Stop trying to trap people with your pic, and play the game without trying to seek all this attention. The internet is not a white knight fest. Ok Dude?

80 116

listen dude, i think youre really blowing this one out of proportion. i just think you need to man up, and take one on the chin. i mean, bro, theyre just words. they cant hurt you unless you let them.

@Constance said:

I spend my time in 1v1 servers, which is the absolute worst of the bunch. Someone has seen my profile avatar and called me a trap. I'm a trans woman, they called me a fucking trap and zero people called them out on it.

holy fuck lol'd.

394 589
  • 29 May
 smug

Funny thing is they did not even buy the game and play it through family sharing. They also have a vac ban which is toxic af.

Knight 61 42
  • 29 May
 Optimates

I'm going to start by apologizing to the OP for all the genuinely disgusting things people are posting here as a response, this is one of the foulest threads I've seen on this forum and that's coming from someone who read the entire 76 pages of the thread about women playable characters in mordhau.

Frankly you should all be ashamed.

Knight 253 682
  • 29 May
 Iodine

This is a fantastic, amazing game. It is everything I could ever ask for.
But the community is too nice, they're all lovely. Everyone in this game is uniquely beautiful.
Not a single match has gone by where I didn't hear encouragement and support. There is zero moderation anywhere in the game because it is not needed. The dev team is understandably understaffed, so it is good that they don't have to worry about moderation due to such a friendly community.
I spend my time in 1v1 servers, which is the absolute best of the bunch. Someone has seen my profile avatar and called me a queen. I'm a trans woman, they called me a fucking queen and I've never felt so validated in my life.
A dude just runs around servers and types in chat about how there are more than two genders, and how everyone is valid no matter what they identify as. Everyone nodded their heads and smiled because nothing was wrong.
The community treats this game like it's a work of art, and absolutely nothing stops them. Every single time I say "Can we not spout horribly offensive shit", the community looks at me like I'm absolutely right.
I love this game, and I adore playing it. I never had to disable chat, and that's not all. I can't even play this game without everyone simultaneously being an amazing friend toward me.

I really, really hope the devs pay attention to this, because I am going to be playing to play my favourite game of 2019 every day from now on!
All I ask is for votekick evasion to be patched, as there is no need for it, no one ever does anything wrong. There doesn't even need to be moderation tools for server owners, honestly. But there is no excuse not to have a simple world filter for the slurs people MIGHT fling in a desperate attempt to troll, IF that ever were to happen, which it won't.

I just want to play Mordhau, and that's exactly what I'm going to do!

777 1029

@Optimates said:
I'm going to start by apologizing to the OP for all the genuinely disgusting things people are posting here as a response, this is one of the foulest threads I've seen on this forum and that's coming from someone who read the entire 76 pages of the thread about women playable characters in mordhau.

We are here to talk about killing and how the killing could be more fun and balanced.
Not to walk around eggshells for grown adults with entitlement and sensitivity issues.

Knight 7636 14013
  • 29 May
 ToLazy4Name

@Optimates said:

Why lol

Knight 61 42
  • 29 May
 Optimates

@smellycathawk said:

@Optimates said:

We are here to talk about killing and how the killing could be more fun and balanced.
Not to walk around eggshells for grown adults with entitlement and sensitivity issues.

Finding a balance between having open and free speech in any environment is always a challenge, but there's never any cause for disparaging or ill-mannered speaking of others, it's just not justified.

However I'll always defend someone's right to say things I disagree with, but this isn't about disagreement. This is about bigotry, racism, sexism, hate speech and pointless inflammation. It's always existed in online gaming in some strangely significant density larger than other online communities, so I feel more should be done about an individuals control to manage it, any suggestions on that note, I'm in favour of.

I'm sorry if that idea somehow bothers you, but it should not bother you because it does not impact you in any way shape or form. Now.. if you, or anyone else are bothered by something that does not impact you in any way shape or form.. does that make you... Entitled?

That's not for me to judge.

Knight 7636 14013
  • 29 May
 ToLazy4Name

Yo he said hate speech lmao

523 566
  • 29 May
 Deadmode

I think the thing that many people are missing is that for anyone wanting to form a community around their Mordhau experience have no tools to moderate it. If someone wants to moderate abuse or offensive content on servers they pay for to maintain a community they wish to appease or cultivate, then that should be available to them. In the same vein, if the devs state rules on their official servers then they should make attempts to police it better, or provide ways for it to be moderated or filtered by the end user.

It doesn't matter what the reasons are, but having tools for admins to keep their games managed is important; whether thats to prevent griefing, abuse, chat moderation or even basic tools like game and player management, and there is a real lack of any of this in Mordhau currently.

Also, posting comments just to insult OP does not contribute to the discussion whatsoever. If I see a thread on a topic I have no interest or input in, I don't post. It would be welcome for some of you lot to do the same thing. Whether someone should or shouldn't be offended by something is not what should be discussed, as it is irrelevant. The point raised by OP is valid; there are no tools for moderation or server management.