Mordhau

This game is extremely, uniquely toxic and I can no longer play it.

1 7
  • 29 May
 Constance

This is a fantastic, amazing game. It is everything I could ever ask for.
But the community is a toxic pile of shit and garbage. Everyone in this game is uniquely horrible.
Not a single match has gone by where I didn't hear slurs. There is zero moderation anywhere in the game. The dev team is understandably understaffed, but for some reason server admins just... don't exist.
I spend my time in 1v1 servers, which is the absolute worst of the bunch. Someone has seen my profile avatar and called me a trap. I'm a trans woman, they called me a fucking trap and zero people called them out on it.
A dude just runs around servers and types in chat about how there are only two genders, and how tr*ies are mentally ill diseases that should kill themselves. Everyone nodded their heads and smiled like nothing was wrong.
The community treats this game like it's fucking 4chan, and absolutely nothing stops them. Every single time I say "Can we not spout horribly offensive shit", the community looks at me like I'm some insane "SJW libtard".
I love this game, but I fucking hate playing it. I've had to disable chat completely, and even that's not enough. I can't play this game without everyone simultaneously being an asshole.

I really, really hope the devs pay attention to this and fix it, because I am not going to be able to play my favourite game of 2019 until this bullshit is cut out.
All I ask is for votekick evasion to be patched. There needs to be moderation tools for server owners. There is no excuse not to have a simple world filter for the slurs people fling in a desperate attempt to troll.

I just want to play Mordhau.

777 1029

Hey there are like 27 other sad cuck threads we don't need another one. Go complain with them.

101 87
  • 29 May
 BOBOLOJOE

"I've had to disable chat completely, and even that's not enough."

How is that not enough? if you can't hear/see them being frightened little children then they can't be annoying like frightened little children.

The words and opinions of these sad little wastes of life don't need to concern you.

What you could do is get some of your real life friends to play with you, go to these 1v1 servers and when they get all butt hurt because they get beaten by a trans person and start getting abusive, you and your friends team up and kill them on site. repeatedly.... I know two wrongs don't make a right, but watching some fool go mental in chat because "you aren't playing by the rules" and they have to resort to abusive language to claw back some of their broken ego or whatever, It can be satisfying to witness their anguish.
if you get kicked from the server. theres always another one... or rent or start your own. then you can control who kicks who.

32 14
  • 29 May
 As5Hat

im sure this will improve over time. hopefully they put some kind of moderation system in. but as you can see the same toxic people in the game are here on the forumns. This game really does draw especially mean people. All i can say is try just mute them for now and perhaps change your profile pic so as not to make yourself a target. Sucks, but well, people are assholes lol.

35 44
  • 29 May
 Prophet

How do they know you are a transsexual in the first place, considering that information is private?

If you are really going to stop playing, I actually feel bad for you that even after eliminating the chat box
which is where all the offenses took place you cannot play a game you enjoy.
I don't know logically why you wouldn't be able to continue playing or honestly
what you are looking to accomplish by making this post.

You said:

I really, really hope the devs pay attention to this and fix it, because I am not going to be able to play my favourite game >of 2019 until this bullshit is cut out.

What do you propose the devs should do in your own words
so that we do not have to jump to any conclusions on our own?

66 91
  • 29 May
 SoRoofless

Unfortunately medieval combat games attract incels

Knight 7577 13875
  • 29 May
 ToLazy4Name

man this is good bait

send feet pics

529 278

It's because the game mechanics need improvement, people will be less salty.

48 16
  • 29 May
 xperimentxp

" Except in the sense of primary narcissism or healthy self-love, narcissism is usually considered a problem in a person's or group's relationships with self and others "

Duke 544 898
  • 29 May
 Goatie

For fucks sake people just hide chat and get over it. I argue with little douches in chat all the time and I'm not calling for moderation. Only griefing through physical actions in game need to be punished. If you give people personal info and the y run with it into insults that's on you because people are people.

383 577
  • 29 May
 smug

You'll be ok man, hide chat. Or literally not make your personal info known by not using selfies as steam profile pics.

Count 131 218
  • 29 May
 Pariah

7 posts victim blaming, 1 post stating the obvious, and 1 irrelevant random quote.

Pretty much sums up the community.

But hey, so long as you're okay with being shit on by straight white guys claiming there's no issues with how they excersize their "right to expression" because they're sitting behind a keyboard then you're totally welcome here.

Optional client-side filter has been requested multiple times, and hopefully server mod tools get improved soon enough.

Sorry the community is trash.

Duke 544 898
  • 29 May
 Goatie

Oh shut up Pariah. Client side filter is fine and I agree votekick needs work but not for the reasons of toxic chat. At the end of the day you can't completely filter negative human activity out because they will find another way. I'd rather people spam slurs in chat to get out their spasms then tking and blocking spawn and other things because it's all that's left to them. And TBH kinda weak calling the community trash when most of us get along fine even with toxic chat taking place.

Knight 100 370
  • 29 May
 McMercy

I've had to disable chat completely, and even that's not enough.

Its never enough, is it?
Can you please explain to me how its not enough? Is there ingame voice commands that states there is only 2 genders?

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE
OIM BEEN ATTACKED, ELP
THEREEE IS ONLY TWOOOOO GENDEEERSSSSS

3 21

I just want to play Mordhau.

so play it you dumb fuck you already turned chat off, now you come to another avenue to be harassed

162 104

@Pariah said:
But hey, so long as you're okay with being shit on by straight white guys claiming there's no issues with how they excersize their "right to expression" ......

Its not a male gender specific thing. If you would be as male person in a community of mostly females then you would also have anti male mobbing.Its a majority vs minority thing, which happens in every race and gender. I mean you are white yourself, judging from your profile pic and complain about white males. Thats kind of stupid.

@BOBOLOJOE said:
How is that not enough? if you can't hear/see them being frightened little children then they can't be annoying like frightened little children.

They still can follow her around, stalk her, kill her on sight and initiate vote kicks against her until her team gives in and kicks her from the server.

They should really have a automated kick system for teamkilling and teamdamage. If people who kill half of their team with their catapult skills get also kicked then thats only a plus for me. You also shouldnt be able to switch team mid round and if someone gets kicked from the server,through the autokick system,not the votekick system, then there needs to be a server ban for at least one hour. At least for the server he got kicked off.

But beyond that you cant really regulate all that social stuff. Votekicks and reporting to moderators can be abused by the trolls themself grouping up and making together false reports against the people who report them. That only opens the floodgates for more and more abuse from all sides. There just needs to be a automated system in place, which is non biased, to deal with that shit, for everything else we have allready the tools: mute chat, mute single player.

Knight 7577 13875
4 26
  • 29 May
 KyWild

"But the community is a toxic pile of shit and garbage. Everyone in this game is uniquely horrible."

You just generalized the whole community, good luck finding sympathy.

There are plenty of nice lads in Mordhau.

1339 1398

@Goatie said:
At the end of the day you can't completely filter negative human activity out because they will find another way.

That's fatalism at its best. "We can never solve this problem completely. So we shouldn't even try to improve the situation."

You will never beat death and are only delaying the inevitable. Why do you eat?

531 283
  • 29 May
 Gambit

Name a non-toxic community.