Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Classes keep deleting, game keeps uninstalling

1430 2175

Every time my computer has shut down since one of the recent patches, Mordhau will sort of uninstall. I say "sort of" because all the files are still there and so is the icon, but when I click on the desk top short cut, it starts going through the process of redownloading Mordhau as if I didn't own it.

I go directly to my steam library and it will offer to download the game, instead of just playing it. Then it spends about 25 minutes downloading, discovering "existing files" and having me agree to terms/conditions etc. Once downloaded it plays fine and so long as the computer doesn't shut off, it won't ask me to reinstall the next time I play.

But when it is installed my classes may or may not be there. My levels/gold are saved etc but my characters are all gone and this, today. will be the 4th time I make another set of characters since release.

This never happened during alpha or early release, I know it has to do with one of the recent patches.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 28 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

Have you encountered any gypsy witches recently?

1430 2175

Yes, tons! Do you have any potions for that?

Knight 7768 14327
  • 29 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

No but Punzybobo might, he has dealt with them before

185 205
  • 29 May '19
 Roag

Try setting the customisation .ini to read only here
I also have this problem of steam games 'uninstalling' - doesn't happen often, only if my PC doesn't shut down properly.

2021 2108
  • 29 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

Have you tried launching it via the steam library instead of the desktop link? Just to make sure your link file isn't weird.

1430 2175

@Roag said:
Try setting the customisation .ini to read only here
I also have this problem of steam games 'uninstalling' - doesn't happen often, only if my PC doesn't shut down properly.

Ill try this :)

1430 2175

@SWSeriousMike said:
Have you tried launching it via the steam library instead of the desktop link? Just to make sure your link file isn't weird.

Yeah, same story there.