Mordhau

Toxicity and Edginess problem

11 5
  • 28 May '19
 Winterfire

I'm not very sensitive and I'm not asking for a safe space. I'm not very wholesome myself. I'd just hate to see this game get dragged down by a few fools.

223 202
  • 28 May '19
 recurf

Only think I dont like is blatant racism, but tbh edginess/toxicity is fine. Makes the game more fun to be honest

223 202
  • 28 May '19
 recurf

@recurf said:
Only thing I dont like is blatant racism, but tbh edginess/toxicity is fine. Makes the game more fun to be honest

Conscript 887 1822
  • 28 May '19
 ohshitsorry

@recurf said:

@recurf said:
Only thing I dont like is blatant racism, but tbh edginess/toxicity is fine. Makes the game more fun to be honest

42 57
  • 28 May '19
 kiwi12

toxic player: mute him, there is a hotkey for that.
gameplay sabotage: kick him, there is a vote system for that.

nothing else needed, that how multiplayer games were in the old days and it just worked.

534 287
  • 28 May '19
 Gambit

@kiwi12 said:
toxic player: mute him, there is a hotkey for that.
gameplay sabotage: kick him, there is a vote system for that.

nothing else needed, that how multiplayer games were in the old days and it just worked.

Yes. Anything else ruins the freedom of fun. If you feed into it you can't complain.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 28 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

Okay cool

Knight 14 25
  • 28 May '19
 Gremp

@ohshitsorry said:

@recurf said:

@recurf said:

62 155

@Gremp said:

@ohshitsorry said:

@recurf said:

@recurf said:

35 44
  • 28 May '19
 Prophet

People are so quick to say something along the lines of "Cry more" about almost anything. I was in a TDM server and a level 13 was using mace/kite shield combo so I wrote that he should try to shy away from relying on the shield as it builds bad habits (the way he was using it) and that he was too passive about it allowing himself to be pretty much kicked to death. He thanked me but then some other guy says: "Why dont you cry somemore" so I replied "How is giving tips to help someone improve crying?"
He says "dont fucking give tips thx"
I know this is a silly example but similar exchanges happen all the time.

Unfortunately what I do see tons of is people just spamming the N word at random times in the chat.

Also, in at least 3 to 5 of the servers I join per day I get welcomed with a constant chat spam of entire paragraphs of people arguing and debating politics. Its always the same thing some "alt-right" guy vs a "libtard" It has no place in the middle of a multiplayer match and is very unpleasant but if I got rid of chat via hud settings I wouldn't be able to communicate productively with my team and occasionally compliment someone I had a 1v1 with or a guy who takes a nice shot with his bow.

Thanks for letting me vent lol

777 1031
  • 28 May '19
 smellycathawk

cry more

19 mins, you're right, soooo quick!

• 28 May '19
 Maci
This comment was deleted.
111 97
  • 29 May '19
 BOBOLOJOE

It's 50/50 isn't it?
theres some really respectful helpful people and the rest are just angry little muppets.

don't give them the time of day.
I still don't know why people are reading the chat? the game is in the combat, you need to keep your eyes up and on your next target.
respawn times - except i guess in most game modes - are really short. stop reading the chat and start playing the game.

also, i keep harping on about this but if there is a person behaving in a way you don't like, single them out and kill them. they can cry all they like but if you are better at the game then them and keep beating them, well you win don't you?
even if they are on your team... TK em, if they are better than you then you best find another server to play on hahaha

35 44
  • 29 May '19
 Prophet

@smellycathawk said:

19 mins, you're right, soooo quick!

Not sure what this means, elaborate?

91 104
  • 29 May '19
 takemura

Im not a very sensitive person:

Acts like a pussy on forums.

35 44
  • 29 May '19
 Prophet

@takemura said:
Im not a very sensitive person:

Acts like a pussy on forums.

From my perspective, nothing OP said is able to be interpreted objectively as "acting like a pussy."
Would you care to elaborate on your claim that he is "acting like a pussy" on the forums; in a more constructive way?

49 51
  • 29 May '19
 RyMarq

A fine example of how trash the community is. Do you even think that guy is going to respond sanely? Even the forums are full of edgelords showing off their dicks for no reason.

111 97
  • 29 May '19
 BOBOLOJOE

doesn't it make going on a 10 - 0 streak even more satisfying knowing the people you are destroying are getting more and more enraged by the minute?

1825 1915
  • 29 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

No, it doesn't.

35 44
  • 29 May '19
 Prophet

@SWSeriousMike said:
No, it doesn't.

Thank you for being you :)