Mordhau

LuteBot 2.0 Megathread

1 0
  • 16 Jun
 Giggelgorva

Can't seem to get it to work. Followed instructions carefully (sound effects off and all). When I start the bot and fiddle with it everything seems to work nicely, but as I start Mordhau and join a server nothing happens from the default keybindings. I tried the "Quick Setup" process and also the more complex one where I created my own playlist and a soundboard, no luck either time.

Seems to be the same problem many other face here as well, so any help? For the record it seems like a grand bit of fun, and I'd love to get to play some notes for my fellows.

1 0
  • 16 Jun
 Keyske

I have windows 10,and when i try to launch lute bot have nothing

1 0
  • 18 Jun
 Mr.Epi

Ive downloaded lute bot 2.0 and followed youre instrictions, it worked yesterday, however when I shut my computer down and started lute bot up the next day it wouldn't open, it would show up in task manager but then immediately close. I do not have any security settings on that would hinder with the exe please help. I do have windows 10.

1 0

Cant disable a track. FL clearly shows me what theres only one track producing sound I want to remove but track selection accomplishes nothing then I disable it. Just tested it with other tracks, cant turn them off either

1 0

PLEASE HELP. ive been trying everything to get this to work.
when i try to launch 1.2 it says Error No Midi Output Device
when i try to launch 2.0 nothing happens at all and if i check the task manager, it opens for a seconds and suspends

1 1
  • 22 Jun
 Motorcharge

Too lazy to see if anyone else has posted this, but if you can't find midi files for songs you want there's a really simple way to get them for free and get them to work with Lutebot with not much effort.

Download TuxGuitar, it's an open source program for guitar tab.
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

Go to https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/ or any other site that has Guitar Pro tab files available. For Ultimate Guitar look for whatever song or artist you want. Then click the Guitar Pro tab, these are the only ones that will work. https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/476275 Using this link as an example, scroll to the bottom and click the "Download Guitar Tab" link. Use TuxGuitar to open it or set it to default.

Once you've got whatever song you're looking for open, go to the bottom and delete and drum or percussion tracks. These typically are what you're trying to filter out in LuteBot, but this lets you delete them directly instead. From there go to File>Export>Export Midi and save it with the rest of your midi files.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Takes me about a minute to convert edit and convert any song I'm looking for and I've found the files sound way better than most midi files I was just finding on midi sites since you can remove the drums and stuff without trying to filter them within LuteBot.

1 0

Oy everyone,

I released an updated version of the lutebot on my github, it containes few changes that (imo) really improve the experience, everything can be disabled in the settings.

You can see the changes on the screenshot right bellow vvv

I also made a video, it's still uploading on youtube tho, should be over in ~1h

I wanted to improve the whole thing by making it connect to the Unreal engine console over network, like the Cryengine Network console, but I couldn't find anything similar for the unreal engine.

Knight 685 1851

Alright everyone, for troubbleshooting please refers to the bard guild discord server here it will be more convenient than the forums.

1 0
  • 24 Jun
 Zetsu

Me in the parameters of Lute Bot 2.0, bottom right marked that I do not have the right version, with a button "try again" next, then I click on this button and it is marked that II have the last version, then I'm happy, I apply the changes and when I come back to the settings, I see that I do not have the right version, I even reinstalled the lute bot several times, but it does not change anything, so I do not know what to do. ... retry.PNG

8 0

@Motorcharge said:
Too lazy to see if anyone else has posted this, but if you can't find midi files for songs you want there's a really simple way to get them for free and get them to work with Lutebot with not much effort.

Download TuxGuitar, it's an open source program for guitar tab.
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

Go to https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/ or any other site that has Guitar Pro tab files available. For Ultimate Guitar look for whatever song or artist you want. Then click the Guitar Pro tab, these are the only ones that will work. https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/476275 Using this link as an example, scroll to the bottom and click the "Download Guitar Tab" link. Use TuxGuitar to open it or set it to default.

Once you've got whatever song you're looking for open, go to the bottom and delete and drum or percussion tracks. These typically are what you're trying to filter out in LuteBot, but this lets you delete them directly instead. From there go to File>Export>Export Midi and save it with the rest of your midi files.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Takes me about a minute to convert edit and convert any song I'm looking for and I've found the files sound way better than most midi files I was just finding on midi sites since you can remove the drums and stuff without trying to filter them within LuteBot.

Exactly this. This has been my secret sauce to making amazing sounding songs for the lute and is why I am Bardlord Lutemaster. I was in the middle of making a video to share my secret but your post is spot on.

8 0

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
Alright everyone, for troubbleshooting please refers to the bard guild discord server here it will be more convenient than the forums.

Thank you for the shout-out Monty! To help better support LuteBot we have moved #lutebot_support to the public channel category on our Discord server, so you are not required to be a member of the Bards Guild to access our help and advice related to LuteBot. We also have several members with a great deal of information on live MIDI input devices if you are interested in going further than just playing MIDI files and want to play live music in game with us!

Edit: Oh I see there is another Bards Guild Discord... well let it be known that there is also an in-game Bards Guild, we have three Mordhau servers and a Discord server as well, and we have made our LuteBot support channel public to help support this great program. Please stop by especially if you are interested in live play or want to jam out with some other lute players in a safe space!

http://BardsGuild.Life

https://discord.gg/DFZfWud

1 0

i have installed the lutebot and Everything seems to work out until i try it out ingame.. one note off the song is playing and then my char jump by himself and start spamming commands in the chat instead of console, anyone knows how to fix that?

1 0
  • 30 Jun
 SirBard

When I press [O] my play button the equipment commands start with jj which is my console key.
Someone help!

just fixed it by changing the console to page down

1 0
  • 12 Jul
 MadMut

Bonjour, j'ai suivis toutes les instructions et pourtant ca ne marche pas, quand je suis dans le jeu les commandes de lutebot ne fonctionnent pas alors que sur mon bureau oui, pouvez vous m'aider ?

1 0
  • 13 Jul
 SungBung

I'm currently running into an issue where it won't let me set the defultinput.ini in lutebot. When I go to set the file location, I click the defultinput.ini file and nothing happens. I've reinstalled the bot and Mordhau itself but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

48 18
  • 15 Jul
 Luward

Is this Arch compatible or does this work with Wine?

1 0

I tried to use this in game and it looks just as it is in other peoples videos except so sound it coming out

2 0

I'm not sure if I'm hearing things or need to mess around in the settings but, a lot of the songs sound off, like a different not will play than what would've played with the 1.2 version. I'm very confused as most songs don't even sounds like the song they're meant to be. It's great that you're updating it and I like to idea of adding your own music but I'm still confused as to why some notes have changed in the songs, they're the exact same midi files I used for the 1.2 version so I don't know what's happening.

1 0

Capture.PNG

sooooo which .exe file? there's none

1 0

Can anyone help me? My mate and i are using the same midi files but for some reason, his lute doesnt pick up all the notes. Any suggestions??