Mordhau

Katana

132 1225
  • 27 May
 Maxilatorn — Art

No.

11 15

@Maxilatorn said:
No.

"his justice was swift and brutal"

39 97
120 120

As much as I would love to swing one in the game, people who say it would be out of place are completely right.

Just be patient, there will be mods (or even DLC) set entirely in Medieval Japan...
There is no way that is not going to happen eventually.

If you want to be good as you'd want to be when it comes, it would be best to go practice fundamentals in duels etc.

383 575
  • 27 May
 smug

It would just play the same as a Longsword/GS. There's no reason for them not to atleast make it an unlockable skin.

120 120

Yes there is - Being out of place.

And secondly, I do declare my disagreement that a Katana should play the same as longsword...
... What would be the fun of that other than short lived visual pleasure?

The way Katana was implemented in Dying Light for example made it a fun weapon to use due to diagonal cutting etc. which was very pleasing and felt great... Making it just a skin to longsword/GS/Messer would kill all that potential.

Just wait for a good mod and it will be much better than just a silly out of place skin.

383 575
  • 1
  • 27 May
 smug

@FlyingTesticle said:
Yes there is - Being out of place.

And secondly, I do declare my disagreement that a Katana should play the same as longsword...
... What would be the fun of that other than short lived visual pleasure?

The way Katana was implemented in Dying Light for example made it a fun weapon to use due to diagonal cutting etc. which was very pleasing and felt great... Making it just a skin to longsword/GS/Messer would kill all that potential.

Just wait for a good mod and it will be much better than just a silly out of place skin.

You're right it would be an executioners sword skin.

And you're really going to pull the "muh hema aesthetic" card when you can literally cosplay as sasooke ucheehah and shrek in the game. The point of no return was already crossed in this aspect of cosmetics.

777 1029

@smug said:
It would just play the same as a Longsword/GS. There's no reason for them not to at atleast make it an unlockable skin.

You meant to say "unblockable" right? Cause if they implement a katana they have to give it all of its natural attributes like the ability to cut straight thru all European weaponry and armor.

3 5

Only if it comes with piss-poor stats against medium armor and above, to reflect how much of a piss-poor weapon choice it would be on a Medieval European battlefield. The weebs can have their toy then.

Knight 460 887
  • 28 May
 wierHL

Disregarding the people who intentionally make ugly/meme mercs, Mordhau's aesthetic is very Eurocentric by design. Sure, the timeperiod is all over the place but it's all European for now, mostly Western and Central at that.
I suggest that rather than immediately delving into the Far East, we work outwards from what we have.
Eastern Europe is currently underrepresented.
Anatolia, the Middle East, North Africa and probably Persia are a logical next step.
Gear used by Turkic steppe people would definitely also work, Cumans and Pechenegs were literal mercenaries in Europe and it would blend well with oth the Islamic World and Eastern European aesthetic.

Also ahlspiess pls.

95 87
  • 28 May
 BOBOLOJOE

NO DACHI! NAGINATA!! YES PWEASE!
asia DLC sure why not!
why not go sparta and roman DLC?
no "deadliest warrior" though :P

14 15
  • 28 May
 Pepperoni

make it a training sword skin

Knight 614 1111
  • 28 May
 Uncy

damn weebs and their shitty katanas

19 13
  • 1
  • 28 May
 Jencent

@BOBOLOJOE said:
and roman DLC?

Incredibiles!!!

Centurion-0.png

Knight 614 1111
  • 28 May
 Uncy

@Jencent said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:
and roman DLC?

Incredibiles!!!

Centurion-0.png

What is this anime character?

383 575
  • 28 May
 smug

@Velociraptorius said:
Only if it comes with piss-poor stats against medium armor and above, to reflect how much of a piss-poor weapon choice it would be on a Medieval European battlefield. The weebs can have their toy then.

Ah yes just like every sword in the game vs a 3/3/3 loadout.

46 72
  • 2 Sep
 Zeratul

Katanas are for faggots. It is known.

124 101

Katanas are fairly weak in a fight against a knight. Though I am a bit biased against the katana because I'm like a reverse weeb

Dad Sizzle

Knight 5096 6834

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:
katana.png

lmao what have you done