Mordhau

Website is slower

Knight 566 873
  • 26 May
 VampireDuck

I'm not sure exactly when this started but I'm pretty sure it was around the time of Mordhau's release that the website started getting slower for me. It's not so much loading topics but more when I press the like button or press "Who liked it" on a post it often takes 2 to 5 seconds for anything to appear. Today I have also experienced 3 "503" errors, 1 which was a few seconds after I got back on the site after the previous. The slowness and errors seem sporadic as sometimes a post I liked gets liked instantly but its more often that it takes a while.

Judging by the amount of users online it doesn't seem like it would be too many for the servers to handle and to my knowledge nothing has been changed about my internet recently.

272 121
  • 27 May
 Gambit

I imagine this is just related to the surge in popularity and the servers not scaling properly.

Quote from w3.org about 503 errors
"The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server."

I've gotten these errors too and noticed it being slow sometimes, but it doesn't happen too often at least.