Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Huge lag spikes & Packet Loss - Anyone else?

7 3
  • 24 May '19
 baghoul

I've been loving this game, but there's a bit of a problem. I don't have problems running the game, I get a solid 60 fps on medium settings. However, every minute or so, the game randomly freezes for a solid 5-10 seconds; my ping spikes up super high according to the people I play with, and afterwards I can see "High Packet Loss" in red on the side of my screen. No matter how low I put my graphics, this issue doesn't change. Has anyone else had any issues like this/know solutions? I love this game so far, but this issue is making it really hard to keep playing.

11 3
  • 24 May '19
 Septr

Are you using up to date drivers from your motherboard manufacturer website? Bios, chipset, network, AHCI, sound.

If you are using an Nvidia gpu it's recommended to reinstall the graphics driver after the Windows 1903 build update.

7 3
  • 24 May '19
 baghoul

@Septr said:
Are you using up to date drivers from your motherboard manufacturer website? Bios, chipset, network, AHCI, sound.

If you are using an Nvidia gpu it's recommended to reinstall the graphics driver after the Windows 1903 build update.

I updated my Nvidia drivers after hearing that, yup. Unfortunately did not help.

3 2
  • 25 May '19
 skyp

I also experience random high ping spikes and see others experience it. Also my ping is generally quite higher than it should be.

534 287
  • 25 May '19
 Gambit

In the video settings uncap it from 60. And have you got a hdd or ssd?

@skyp said:
I also experience random high ping spikes and see others experience it. Also my ping is generally quite higher than it should be.

Are you connecting to servers near you and have you tried disabling Windows firewall?

7 3
  • 25 May '19
 baghoul

UPDATE: When I turn the volume all the way to 0 and have sound off, the freezing stops. Anyone have any insight on how to fix this? For now I'm just playing with no sound.

534 287
  • 25 May '19
 Gambit

@baghoul said:
UPDATE: When I turn the volume all the way to 0 and have sound off, the freezing stops. Anyone have any insight on how to fix this? For now I'm just playing with no sound.

That's a mad fix. What does your task manager utilisation look like when there is freezing?