Mordhau

360 stab morph accel: Was a move like this intended?

Knight 60 70
  • 24 May '19
 Bear264

Apologies if I got any terminology wrong

I'm not denying the skill you need to pull this off effectively, but it reminds me of an old thread about 360 drags. After reviewing the footage, I'm left wondering if this is something that was meant to be in Mordhau.

Count 131 219
  • 24 May '19
 Pariah

Didn't know this was a thing that could be done consistently, but you better believe I'll be teaching myself how to do this as soon as I get on tonight.

Can't imagine it was intended, but players will find a way to push the mechanics to the limit.

110 97
  • 24 May '19
 BOBOLOJOE

cool move but he leaves himself open for a decent amount of time.
annoying if people start doing this all the time like the rainbow 360 spins that were rampant in chivalry but 1 counter to it would be the same as other feints and morphs... swing at them.
especially if an enemy turns his back on you... swing!

6 7
  • 24 May '19
 BinLiftin

That was actually only a 180 at most. He input his stab while facing 180 away from you then while dragging the stab even closer in your direction he input the morph. Using the Greatsword, a weapon with very very good range, he continued to drag his morphed strike to hit you with the startup frames of the attack which are located JUST off screen to his left at max FOV. Hope this description helps you understand that what he did was skillful and perfectly executed and its understandable that you'd be hesitant to react to that motion/confused thereafter.

162 125
  • 24 May '19
 Schwarzchild

Pretty much a morph, no 360s are seen here only a quarter of the turn is a stab being morphed to a quarter of the turn into a swing (180 morphed)

As mentioned by binlift

Knight 60 70
  • 24 May '19
 Bear264

This move in FPV and TPV

I feel really dirty for learning how to do this, it's not even that hard to pull off like I first thought it was. I play with a really low sensitivity too, so spinning moves are supposed to be harder for me. I was regularly landing these in public duel servers, and it felt cheap each time.

As seen in the GIF, It's not a instant win move or anything like that. But it's just... Chivalry-esque ballerina shit. Mordhau isn't supposed to have spin moves like this.

162 125
  • 24 May '19
 Schwarzchild

@Bear264 said:
This move in FPV and TPV

I feel really dirty for learning how to do this, it's not even that hard to pull off like I first thought it was. I play with a really low sensitivity too, so spinning moves are supposed to be harder for me. I was regularly landing these in public duel servers, and it felt cheap each time.

As seen in the GIF, It's not a instant win move or anything like that. But it's just... Chivalry-esque ballerina shit. Mordhau isn't supposed to have spin moves like this.

Its not a spin move, the morph just makes it look like that but in reality the damage hitbox is nonexistant until at the last swing that you made

In chivalry you can actually move the hitbox at full 360, as in one swing can be moved 360 degrees

6 7
  • 24 May '19
 BinLiftin

@Schwarzchild said:

@Bear264 said:
This move in FPV and TPV

Its not a spin move, the morph just makes it look like that but in reality the damage hitbox is nonexistant until at the last swing that you made

In chivalry you can actually move the hitbox at full 360

Yes its just two separately dragged attacks that takes time to do and isn't safe or overpowered. It is flashy though.

36 61
  • 24 May '19
 Mojique

The spin was superfluous as it was meant to put the start of the swing in your face, and it could have been done the other way around just as fast. The only really pro of doing this is that it masks how their attack starts. It looks incredibly dodgable, given he actually turns his back to you. Just sprint around him.

Knight 60 70
  • 24 May '19
 Bear264

@Schwarzchild said:

@Bear264 said:
This move in FPV and TPV

Considering that the main point of this move is to spin around to conceal a morph, I would classify this as a spin move.

In chivalry you can actually move the hitbox at full 360, as in one swing can be moved 360 degrees

I won't argue that, that kind of spinning in chivalry is WAY worse than what this is.

99 314
  • 24 May '19
 chaquator

its a creative accel but can be easily read and is very easy to move away from.
for the original 360s it made sense because, though it was just as avoidable, it reflected poorly on mordhau's intention to move away from ballerina moves, but for these 360s i dont think its worth further restricting swing manipulation in cases where it might make the kill for easily avoidable cases such as this

1757 1413
  • 24 May '19
 Rergato

It looks cool, animation is smooth so it’s readable, it’s not a reverse overhead..

I say leave it in!