Mordhau

Mordhau is 'Destroying' my internet connection.

4 1
  • 23 May
 Krucek

Before I join a server in Mordhau, either a public or official, on Discord I have solid 15-30 ping. However As soon I get into one of those servers it skyrockets to 1000 ping... I have no idea what could the issue be, but usually a computer restart fixes that, that means that I have to restart my PC about 5 times a day just to play few hours of Mordhau.

I've noticed that I'm not the only one with the issue and in fact a lot of people do have it. I believe that the issue will soon be fixed but I would just like to know if I could do something else rather than restarting my PC.

23/05/2019

14 7
  • 24 May
 Tremblewick

Sign out of your pc (not restart) so you have to login again. Quicker and dumps all the excess memory/cached files.
Another thing ive noticed that helps me is actually restarting steam.
Lastly, you can try opening CMD and using the following command : ipconfig /flushdns
I do this every so often due to some of my older games i used to play and just remember to do it every so often.

1757 1412
  • 24 May
 Rergato

Any programs like Hamachi on your PC?

Back in ‘13 or so, I found out Hamachi was the reason for my connection being fucking bonkers. Pretty risky program.

1 0
  • 24 May
 DoofBeef

Same thing is happening to me, My ping when i refresh servers is 50-80... join immediately 120. As time progresses the connection gets worse and worse, with more packet loss. Eventually unplayable and i quit for the night. Pretty hard to play this way unless i'm spamming firebombs and playing as a builder

104 69
  • 24 May
 urm

I had a similar issue, which was caused by my router. If you have a cheap/old router, especially if you are using wifi, it might not be able to handle the amount of packets produced by Mordhau Frontline. For a comparison, try playing duels, that should be much more manageable

Knight 156 965

@urm said:
I had a similar issue, which was caused by my router. If you have a cheap/old router, especially if you are using wifi, it might not be able to handle the amount of packets produced by Mordhau Frontline. For a comparison, try playing duels, that should be much more manageable

I've been playing for hours on frontline before without any problem (some bugs here and there but no big deal) now it's been basically 2 weeks and I can't stay on a server more than 4 minutes before my connection drops thanks to the packet loss issue.

The question to the devs would be : What has changed after the patch #5 ? What would make a router able to handle the game on friday but obsolete on saturday ? A mystery.

4 1
  • 24 May
 Krucek

@Tremblewick said:
Sign out of your pc (not restart) so you have to login again. Quicker and dumps all the excess memory/cached files.
Another thing ive noticed that helps me is actually restarting steam.
Lastly, you can try opening CMD and using the following command : ipconfig /flushdns
I do this every so often due to some of my older games i used to play and just remember to do it every so often.

Thank you for the tips, that will definitely save time.

4 1
  • 24 May
 Krucek

@Rergato said:
Any programs like Hamachi on your PC?

Back in ‘13 or so, I found out Hamachi was the reason for my connection being fucking bonkers. Pretty risky program.

Yes, Hamachi was constantly running in the background. I will turn it down for a while and see if there are any improvements.

4 1
  • 24 May
 Krucek

@urm said:

Yes, I am on wifi with two wifi adapters and phone tethering. However I'm still getting issues on all game modes.