Mordhau

Game Changes/Addition Suggestions

King 2425 3398

This is just a short or long depending list of things that come to mind to improve things in my opinion in various game modes or aspects or tweaks, mostly to remember for myself.

• no building allowed in starting spawn area / horse block for enemies in frontlines, alot less toolbox/firepot greifing and less spawn camping via jousting (also remove horse stagger so people can actually defend against horses because being stunned by horsehead before the one hit kill strikes you is bullshit)
  • Ally bear trap markers! a small ground indicator when your teammates hide bear traps with a small trap teeth icon/indicator similar to how objective defend/attack items have an indicator
  • ??? Increase windup of rapier stab, no really just slightly increase it alone since it can even outspeed chamber stabs on some 2h weapons it seems when counter chambering/riposte or enough strikes traded to increase speed to ludicrous levels
  • Skins for throwing Rocks : Potato & Pommel skins
  • ??? eyepatches / scars / facepaint for character customization, this is a maby since most people will equip helmets and might cause render strain?
  • Menu Suggestion : Friend filter for server browser to find servers your friends are playing in, Also move Rent Server button lower down the screen due to it's middle point of focus seeming like the big "hit me to join server / select filters" instinctively as stupid as this sounds

• UI Suggestion : besides the obvious ability to scroll tab scoreboard that's probably coming soon, the ability to click and select players on list to options such as [add friend] [mute] [report] [Steam profile] [Invite party] or such

• if remove reticle to allow the arrow for archery to match where the reticle was placed rather than below it to line up the shot better

• Official Jousting Servers / rider warfare

5 1
  • 23 May
 Edd

A perk that allows you to ragdoll, so that you can play dead and get up at free will. Sounds like a must to my ears for people who like "rogue" loadouts. I'd call it Trickster.

We need votekicking integrated to the scoreboard alongside the UI suggestions OP wrote down. It's clumsy and inconvenient having to use the console to votekick someone, especially when with most keyboard layouts tilde doesn't even work to open it, forcing folk to scourge through game files to edit their console bind.

King 2425 3398

@Edd said:
A perk that allows you to ragdoll, so that you can play dead and get up at free will. Sounds like a must to my ears for people who like "rogue" loadouts. I'd call it Trickster.

We need votekicking integrated to the scoreboard alongside the UI suggestions OP wrote down. It's clumsy and inconvenient having to use the console to votekick someone, especially when with most keyboard layouts tilde doesn't even work to open it, forcing folk to scourge through game files to edit their console bind.

good idea! a option for that in right click with confirm of course incase click mistake

King 2425 3398

Also! shield bash, holding block then hold F/kick and you will slam your shield forward in place but you won't be able to move while doing it, if it connects, it wont do so much damage and just push facehugger away, but if it's a miss, its a massive cost of stam and short stun.

of course with an animation sequence to better see it coming unless your just flailing LMB like an ape at shield

King 2425 3398

For big team modes! A map interactive item or seige arrow where you use a cloth and oil near a torch or scone for an arrow that does almost no damage to players but a 50 burn damage to enemy structures such as a toolbox ballista camped atop some stupid area

Can shields block those shots btw? Cuz 5 of them ontop of tagia toweres is bullshit

King 2425 3398

Lute skins...

We need lute skins
Also some skins for crossbows to make em look cool

King 2425 3398

Ability to change your character shown in menu/party anyone?

6 4
  • 30 May
 ArchZeero

Modding Tools solve all the needs, specially because it's an small team. Open the gates!!

King 2425 3398

@ArchZeero said:
Modding Tools solve all the needs, specially because it's an small team. Open the gates!!

Already confirmed later coming

King 2425 3398

Shield rework!!!!

• Dodge costs 15 stam instead of 10 if use with shield or shield block to prevent "perfect defense" abuse

• Shield block held = enemy gains slightly faster kick against just shield block held for certain time and more?

• Slight increase's stamina cost if hold shield up for long time to repeated attack

Risk vs reward :

• Parrying timing on shield block instead of hold cost less stam but can leave you open between the time to lower and raise shield
  • Shield bash: holding block then kick = long animated bash with minimal damage that causes push back to shove away but instead of stun it just prevents attack for the moment of push, creating distance (miss = open to hit and high stam loss)
  • Sucessful activation of bash costs smaller amount of stamina
15 7

@ArchZeero said:

This as soon as possible, so we can have servers without the chivalry combat mechanic.

274 320
  • 30 May
 DrGert
  • minor stamina drain while holding block with a shield.

• catapults and ballistas provide long range attacks, might be cool to see stationary hot oil pots along keep walls that can be activated to dump on seiging enemies

• trip lines or camouflaged spike pits to defend against cavalry