Mordhau

Racism, Telling people to "kill themselves," and highly offensive behavior

Knight 620 2048
  • 23 May '19
 LuxCandidus

@alonesilverwolf said:
The fact so many in this community defends this garbage tells me what I need to know about it. Would love a dev to actually reply instead of you people who are the problem. I am sure they don't support this.

The developers do not support this. The lack of a chat filter or punishment at the moment has led people to believe anything goes, but it will change once a report feature gets added. Sorry you have to see pages of people insulting you for not wanting to put up with juvenile behaviour.

26 31
  • 23 May '19
 Cro

What makes you think that whatever you have to say is not "offensive" to someone else?

259 239
  • 23 May '19
 Atlas-D

Not everyone browses reddit, more news at 11.

274 322
  • 23 May '19
 DrGert

Signs of a young and immature player base. Screenshot chat and report them for abusive language it’s all you can do. But at least you can take comfort in knowing that the racist keyboard warriors only have courage while hiding behind a screen. Or otherwise just lack the intelligence to say anything more impactful.

109 167
  • 23 May '19
 Speak

This is just an unavoidable side-effect of having freedom of speech in chat. Some people are going to like saying Bad Words for funzies, and in general the quality of conversation can be dragged down really easily. I don't think the solution is to make bad words illegal. If anything, the solution would seem to be more to

1. Embrace that the public chat is a chaotic place, and

2. Make your own private chats (e.g. groups, discords) if you want higher quality conversation

Although I wouldn't mind something like a Vote Mute. Votekicking someone for trolling in chat seems like overkill, but if a decent number of people agreed to temporarily mute messages from a player, that doesn't seem bad (to me). And you might think "why not just mute him for yourself, personally, if he bothers you", but the main issue with that is that conversation can be confusing when only certain people have certain other people muted. It's more.. coherent if mutes are server-wide and voted on.

That's my guess.

It's worth noting that Vote stuff (e.g. kick/mute) are abusable if a big group/clan is a decent majority in the server and abuses their majority, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut people can just go to another server in that case, so I don't see that as a genuine big issue.

53 96
  • 23 May '19
 Fusha

In all seriousness, an option to ignore all messages from a particular person would be welcome by everyone.

78 46
  • 23 May '19
 Cheto

This SJW's and all cultural marxist or their creators only want control and even when an easy fix would be to mute the chat they don't want that, they want REVENGE, they want to PUNISH the people that don't have the same ideology or are not as snowflakes like them, that is what they truly want.

777 1031
  • 23 May '19
 smellycathawk

If u post a post like this on the forum u should seriously consider suicide. Try telling your fucking mom.

274 322
  • 23 May '19
 DrGert

@Cheto said:
This SJW's and all cultural marxist or their creators only want control and even when an easy fix would be to mute the chat they don't want that, they want REVENGE, they want to PUNISH the people that don't have the same ideology or are not as snowflakes like them, that is what they truly want.

Well hey if you personally don’t want to assist in holding others accountable for spouting such racist nonsense then there are many others that would be happy to do so. No biggie. This has nothing to do with ideology. They just vomit racial slurs at players of whom they know nothing about race, sex or otherwise. They just want to say the most vile thing they can to get under people’s skin as if that will somehow make themselves feel better about getting stab spammed by a rapier. And just FYI “freedom of speech” does not apply in these forums or in game. Abusive language or threats get people banned especially after multiple offenses.

2408 4895
  • 23 May '19
 Maci

Lmao a couple years back we openly discussed the holobunga here
this is baby stuff

111 54
  • 23 May '19
 yvesgomes

@Cheto said:

@yvesgomes said:

@Cheto said:
"Muh anti semitusm"

This are the ones that started all related to "political correctness" this special snowflakes that think they are above us that are not one of them. They even have a special BF called ADL that polices everyon, this is the origin of political correctness and SJW's, they even created Marxism.

They created Marxism? What the hell did Marx do, then? I'm genuinely curious.

Read between lines, what was the real name of Marx and from where he was?

lol

Knight 117 246
  • 23 May '19
 Radfox

@Cheto said:
"Muh anti semitusm"

This are the ones that started all related to "political correctness" this special snowflakes that think they are above us that are not one of them. They even have a special BF called ADL that polices everyon, this is the origin of political correctness and SJW's, they even created Marxism.

Shut the fuck up Nazi.

@Maci said:
this is baby stuff

Yeah, and politics got banned because you dumbasses couldn't help yourselves from trying to redpill and fashpost on a medieval game forum.

40 31
  • 24 May '19
 six

Technically in the stated rules it does say no racism, will result in ban soooo...

1757 1417
  • 24 May '19
 Rergato

I’m sure they’ll add a mute function, then this problem will be solved.

I personally like being called a nigger or a jew, it motivates me to kick some ass in-game.

39 150
  • 24 May '19
 unabridgedpenis

Last week, a guy told me to kill myself while I was playing a game, so I did, I had no choice, I mean HE SAID TO! what else could I do?|?????

14 7
  • 24 May '19
 Tremblewick

I wouldn't normally even post in this nonsense but ive noticed it a bit more as the days have gone on. At least if your on official servers you can report it in discord. https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/14506/mordhau-official-server-rules/ As for private servers, kinda on your own there I would assume. However most games ive been in with people being rude they tend to just get vote kicked anyway. Id welcome a player mute for sure for those not so great situations but to have to turn off chat entirely I think is just garbage. Just my 2 cents.

111 97
  • 24 May '19
 BOBOLOJOE

I'm not seeing this behavior in the Australian Community but then again, I am too focused on respawning, running out and continuing the slaughter. Get on discord with your friends, and ignore the chat of the peasants.

if you have a good fight with someone maybe check to see if they say GF or maybe u can say GF too but other than that, the voice commands and your weapon should do all the talking in game.

my advice to people upset by internet words from children on video games is turn off chat.

312 245
  • 24 May '19
 LoPan

Lots of toxic people on the internet. It’s just something you have to deal w. Freedom of speech/opinions. Be the bigger person and don’t let it effect you. There are hundreds of servers to choose from.

78 46
  • 24 May '19
 Cheto

@DrGert said:

@Cheto said:

Well hey if you personally don’t want to assist in holding others accountable for spouting such racist nonsense then there are many others that would be happy to do so. No biggie. This has nothing to do with ideology. They just vomit racial slurs at players of whom they know nothing about race, sex or otherwise. They just want to say the most vile thing they can to get under people’s skin as if that will somehow make themselves feel better about getting stab spammed by a rapier. And just FYI “freedom of speech” does not apply in these forums or in game. Abusive language or threats get people banned especially after multiple offenses.

No imbecile, no to all your bullshit, if there is not a mute button on the game add it and that's it, censoring and catering to snowflakes is a no go. Those people all they want is fucking revenge since they are pussies that think everyone needs to think like themselves and think thye have the right to tell people how they should communicate or what they can say and since they hate free speech they use tools that pussy ass companies give them to unleash revenge on the people that dared to speak their mind.

Why they don't just mute this people or ask for a way to mute them instead of asking for this people to get banned or punished?

Because they are FUCKING BABIES that want REVENGE they want to get their way, they want to CONTROL, they want to IMPOSE their stupid baby "muh feelings" retardity on to others.

78 46
  • 24 May '19
 Cheto

@Radfox said:

@Cheto said:
"Muh anti semitusm"

Shut the fuck up Nazi.

@Maci said:
this is baby stuff

Yeah, and politics got banned because you dumbasses couldn't help yourselves from trying to redpill and fashpost on a medieval game forum.

You shut the fuck up RAT.