Mordhau

Racism, Telling people to "kill themselves," and highly offensive behavior

156 130

@ToLazy4Name said:
That or US east is simply less retarded but idk

This may well be, I try to play the lowest ping possible, which i theory is the central or western NA servers

1000 706
  • 18 Jun
 esturias

@LoBurattinovuolevino said:
you need to learn to chill, people say bad words everyday, I don't care if you feel offended, there's no safe space for you on the internet, learn to not care about people saying mean words and enjoy the game

I have no problem with people saying nasty words, I don't get offended. But I still want those people getting banned, because they shouldn't get a public stage to spread their toxicity and hate and make it look "ok" to act like a asocial lowlifer. They need to learn that their behaviour is wrong.

I have no idea why people are that much against getting those ragers removed and instead only come up with "omgchillitstheinternet!!1". That's just utterly stupid. Why wouldn't you want to get those players removed from the chat?

@ToLazy4Name said:
I routinely topscore and go out of my way to piss people off when they complain in chat and I hardly ever see people using muh bad words and even more rarely encounter actual griefers. I'm very lucky or you guys are exaggerating.

The community is surprisingly toxic, which is a bit disappointing. Simply because the developer doesn't seem to do ANYTHING against it. But it's not that bad so far. Trolls and alike are much more of a problem. And those rarely use that nasty words.

1579 1635

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
you mean like Overwatch, Dota2, LoL, WoW etc. etc. etc. improved when they started whacking everyone and their grandma over the head with ban-mallets while foaming at the mouth?

here's a better idea, and this has been said in this thread many times before: mute the person your fragile mind can't handle.

instead you're going with "this [group] offends me, and so everyone should be banned so the rest of them will behave".. i even read one post in here that straight up advocated for generalizing EVERYONE with dissenting opinions by branding them as "fascist" and "nazi".

ironically, the true nazis are the naggers in here, complaining that bad words hurt their feelings, and so people need to be digitally executed en mass, so that you can have your homo safe space to yourself.

i bet you love DesmondIsAmazing too.
fucking degenerates, all of you.

Oh the irony.
Also "digitally executed en mass" is a brilliant piece of unhinged insanity.
"Oh no. If my hate-fired power plant isn't getting its steady supply I will lose electricity!"

214 179
  • 18 Jun
 Dialectic

@ProphetX said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
I routinely topscore and go out of my way to piss people off when they complain in chat and I hardly ever see people using muh bad words and even more rarely encounter actual griefers. I'm very lucky or you guys are exaggerating.

Your either very lucky or lying. Take your pick.

Yeah, he's also citing anectodal evidence while we're literally discussing literal SCIENTIFIC studies about the MASSIVE amount of RACISM in this indie game with a 5k playerbase. Of course he's purposedly lying to cover his NAZI friends.
I'm literally done with this unmoderated forum, I'm literally going back to r/mordhau and y'all should literally do the same.

Is this sarcasm? I can't even tell anymore. The trolling has become too meta

20 26
  • 18 Jun
 Holden

Google search "uss liberty"

throws up cape and disappears

312 244
  • 18 Jun
 LoPan

Holy Jesus is dead, I can’t believe this thread is still going.

Knight 7766 14286
  • 18 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@Holden said:
Google search "uss liberty"

throws up cape and disappears

staring hamster.jpg

7 5

Fix the fucking servers first, then make a filter for people who can't handle words.

95 81
  • 19 Jun
 HalldeiMaul

@HalldeiMaul said:
From the article:
Why is it so hard for other Devs to grow balls and do this?
Gather more community managers, clear out the rot and things will improve.

So maybe saying the devs are cowards is a bit presumptuous, and highly ironic given the context of this discussion.

1. I said "for other Devs" as in: Developers outside of the ones in the article. While this does include Triternion, I want to make it clear I would want this from everyone, not just Triternion or the guys in the article. I expect that if the gaming industry wants to be more mainstream, adult and even "E-Sports", it should also be normal to not allow griefing, trolling and casual hatespeak, mainly because in any kind of sports or workplace, you would also get disqualified or fired if you acted in any way remotely like this.

Here a quick word directly at this special crowd:
Wanting to be a special "troll snowflake" that gets a free pass to say and do anything anytime anywhere online because whatever made up reason you currently are going with should not be encouraged by rational adults. Yes, you read that right: If having to obey rules in society is too hard on you, you're the one that is the snowflake that can't handle real life, because spoiler alert, all of real life runs based on rules and if you ignore them, you get blocked from access to anything from jobs to stores and services, and, next level shit I know, in several instances simply go to court and subsequently jail. Shocking, yet true. De-snowflake yourself by realizing you don't actually live in this made up, virtual online-only world that you feel entitled to do anything in - hard as it may initially seem. Rules exist and they're not what defines "fascism", no matter how strong your victim complex.

1. I want to make it clear that I do not currently have any reason to think that Triternion are acting out of cowardice as their motive in anything.

2. I specifically said there should be a system of community managers - unpaid volunteers that would require their own system of proofing, checks and balances - and not thirteen people who are already busy working on the core game itself. But these CMs need access and priviledges to actually lock out profiles from servers, so yes, a small bit of time involvement would be required there, plus obviously someone doing oversight. But its not the actual moderation itself that would have to lie on the core team. It would neither be realistic nor feasible. As usual a mix of automation and community aided moderation is necessary.

23 8
  • 19 Jun
 Seymour

@Cheto said:

@Jax said:
We're working on our moderation efforts, as well as a chat filter system.

Just add a mute option and and optional filter and that's it, make people resposible of themselves, the developer has other more important work to do like improving the game, adding content etc, we don't really want you wasting your time attending special snowflake reports just because someone used a "bad word" that they didn't like.

If you want to punish someone punish cheaters or griefers, I can take any insult or word thron at me no problem but that isn't ruining the game, cheaters and griefers, those are the ones that ruin the game.

I agree. Moderating chats is just wasted effort.
Slap an optional filter on it and call it a day, not much more you can and should do.

Knight 7766 14286
  • 19 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

Devs should focus on countering mean words instead of new content and fixing issues with the gameplay, I agree. Mean words are far more important than the game itself. I bought Mordhau to chat with people, after all.

156 130

@ToLazy4Name said:
Devs should focus on countering mean words instead of new content and fixing issues with the gameplay, I agree. Mean words are far more important than the game itself. I bought Mordhau to chat with people, after all.

You do realize that they can still work on content yeah? There are different people working on different aspects of the game. How people don't understand this in 2019 is beyond me.

Knight 7766 14286
  • 19 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@alonesilverwolf said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

You do realize that they can still work on content yeah? There are different people working on different aspects of the game. How people don't understand this in 2019 is beyond me.

Yeah dude the 13 people working on this should all focus on mean words though the content and gameplay don't matter these mean words need to go away

156 130

@ToLazy4Name said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Yeah dude the 13 people working on this should all focus on mean words though the content and gameplay don't matter these mean words need to go away

Oh my GOD! One person working on making the community more enjoyable IS DESTROYING THE GAEM?! REEEEE RAAAAAA REEEEEE

Knight 7766 14286
  • 19 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

No there aren't enough working against mean words they all need to work on it

Mercenary 1144 2089

@ToLazy4Name said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

...is the argument literally no one is making.

Knight 7766 14286
1000 706
  • 19 Jun
 esturias

@alonesilverwolf said:

It's quite obvious that he's just trolling. Or trying to at least...

11 26
  • 19 Jun
 Salted

You guys are the reason cyberbullying exists. "Oh no! He called me a cunt. I'm gonna cry now. That really hurt me feelings".

129 181
  • 19 Jun
 CatR

@Salted said:
You guys are the reason cyberbullying exists. "Oh no! He called me a cunt. I'm gonna cry now. That really hurt me feelings".

Not the bullies?