Mordhau

Racism, Telling people to "kill themselves," and highly offensive behavior

43 58

So, if you go to the steam forums, you see more and more people complaining about this. From anti-semitism, to other types of racism, to just being an over the top A-hole to people in the game, there are more and more complaints about this and something MUST be done. I have seen it too, a salty boy mad, so he throws out more racial slurs than the entire population of a KKK meeting combined! Or people just taking trash talk too far, and being very insulting to others in chat.

It is annoying as hell, it breaks game immersion, and overall ruins the experience of an otherwise fun game. This has to be addressed! This same BS is going on at the steam forums. A crap ton of trolling, a crap ton of insulting when someone disagrees, and it's just not a fun community to post in with this garbage going on unchecked.

I had a temp ban for making a joke thread about removing weapons from the game because it was "spam" but blatant trolling, racist crap, and things that are ACTUALLY against steam's TOS go unchecked in the steam forum. I'm tired of it. If I can get a ban over a JOKE thread, because some power-tripping mod wants to label it as SPAM, then why can't the ACTUAL bs that shouldn't be allowed to go on, continue?

You see it on the forums, you see it in game, and it is very, VERY annoying--and in my case, being temp banned over a joke post about removing weapons, where other posts with people name calling and throwing racial slurrs is just fine. Despite these posts being reported. It is ridiculous! Please address this, devs, especially in game!

52 85
  • 23 May
 Fusha

Just turn off in-game chat and don't open obvious bait threads with titles like “rampant anti-semitism”

43 58

@Fusha said:
Just turn off in-game chat and don't open obvious bait threads with titles like “rampant anti-semitism”

It's not a bait thread. And nobody should have to "turn off the chat" and not be able to socialize with others, without seeing this utter crap in the game.

52 85
  • 23 May
 Fusha

It is. And if you want to socialize with the masses, you're just gonna have to accept that some of those people are going to say Things That You Don't Like, friendo. There's no way around it.

Knight 6321 11198
  • 23 May
 ToLazy4Name

MAD AT WORDS LOL

43 58

@Fusha said:
It is. And if you want to socialize with the masses, you're just gonna have to accept that some of those people are going to say Things That You Don't Like, friendo. There's no way around it.

We aren't talking about SOME, we are talking about at least half the people in chat in a single given game, and THAT Is bs. The fact you defend this tells me exactly the type of person you are though, so thanks for proving my point.

4 5
  • 23 May
 gnom1273

Please, be tolerated to different opinions. It's not like they punching you in the face, or spitting in the face. Don't be a nasi.

58 40
  • 23 May
 Cheto

"Muh anti semitusm"

This are the ones that started all related to "political correctness" this special snowflakes that think they are above us that are not one of them. They even have a special BF called ADL that polices everyon, this is the origin of political correctness and SJW's, they even created Marxism.

52 85
  • 23 May
 Fusha

@alonesilverwolf said:

@Fusha said:

We aren't talking about SOME, we are talking about at least half the people in chat in a single given game, and THAT Is bs. The fact you defend this tells me exactly the type of person you are though, so thanks for proving my point.

“I don't like majority of the playerbase, devs please do something” :^)

43 58

The fact so many in this community defends this garbage tells me what I need to know about it. Would love a dev to actually reply instead of you people who are the problem. I am sure they don't support this.

Knight 6321 11198
  • 23 May
 ToLazy4Name

Read the official rules you weird stunted being

52 85
  • 23 May
 Fusha

What exactly do you expect, or even want, the developers to do? I'm genuinely curious.

97 44
  • 23 May
 yvesgomes

@Cheto said:
"Muh anti semitusm"

This are the ones that started all related to "political correctness" this special snowflakes that think they are above us that are not one of them. They even have a special BF called ADL that polices everyon, this is the origin of political correctness and SJW's, they even created Marxism.

They created Marxism? What the hell did Marx do, then? I'm genuinely curious.

275 121
  • 23 May
 Gambit

Are you new on the internet or something?

Knight 361 759
  • 23 May
 wierHL

@alonesilverwolf said:
The fact so many in this community defends this garbage tells me what I need to know about it. Would love a dev to actually reply instead of you people who are the problem. I am sure they don't support this.

It's not all bad, but unfortunately this community has had a certain /v/-flavor to it since at least the kickstarter. Shitposting, baiting and racist humor galore,, though not nearly as bad as that shit board.. The difference is most of us genuinely just want a laugh: antagonizing people is not our goal. (again, most of us)
Something about the medieval setting attracts racist humor even more, it's like the brakes on a car have been cut loose.
What I'm trying to say is: this community is just kind of a rude bunch, but we're also afraid of having our laughs being taken away by excessive censorship. Like Overwatch supposedly kicking/banning you for spamming emotes in a "disruptive" manner.

Rambling aside, the chat racism can be partially solved with a simple word filter.
On the forums it's a bit harder: we have like 5 or so mods. They'll be mostly deleting racist topics rather than scouring every thread for racist posts (which aren't even that common).
Steam forums have always been a shitshow, regardless of game. That place will be even harder to keep clean.

Knight 566 873
  • 23 May
 VampireDuck

i'm sure in battle enemies weren't telling each other how beutiful their eyes are. If you get put off by some words then how can you play a game where you go around brutally dismembering people?

43 58

@wierHL said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

It's not all bad, but unfortunately this community has had a certain /v/-flavor to it since at least the kickstarter. Shitposting, baiting and racist humor galore,, though not nearly as bad as that shit board.. The difference is most of us genuinely just want a laugh: antagonizing people is not our goal. (again, most of us)
Something about the medieval setting attracts racist humor even more, it's like the brakes on a car have been cut loose.
What I'm trying to say is: this community is just kind of a rude bunch, but we're also afraid of having our laughs being taken away by excessive censorship. Like Overwatch supposedly kicking/banning you for spamming emotes in a "disruptive" manner.

Rambling aside, the chat racism can be partially solved with a simple word filter.
On the forums it's a bit harder: we have like 5 or so mods. They'll be mostly deleting racist topics rather than scouring every thread for racist posts (which aren't even that common).
Steam forums have always been a shitshow, regardless of game. That place will be even harder to keep clean.

THIS I can respect. You didn't reply with a load of horse crap like "yew shnowflaaaaaaaak." I'm 33 goddamn years old, and far from a snowflake--a fuckin army vet, who has had far worse shit said to me by my drill sergeants than any little pissant kid here can manage.

I find it annoying, it's that simple. I enjoy banter, I enjoy a bit of trash talk, but it is always taken much too far with the in game chat, and the crap on the steam forums...well, that is just a cesspool of shit. And the fact that I can jokingly say "remove weapons, because they can kill people" and get banned for THAT, yet another person can call someone a "fucking (insert racial slur here) and the mods don't bat a damn eye...THAT pisses me off. I think the steam mods need their damn heads examined.

I get a lot of ya'll aren't trying to be dicks. But there are plenty that are, and I can usually tell the difference. It's not good for the game, and it is extremely annoying when you just want to have a nice chat with your fellow gamers, while winding down after a 10 hour shift at work (dealing with pissed off customers, I might add--call center work sucks)....yeah, the last thing you want to see is that garbage. It gets really old.

Knight 6321 11198
  • 23 May
 ToLazy4Name

Shit he was an army marine, quick thank him for his service before we all get raided

58 40
  • 23 May
 Cheto

@yvesgomes said:

@Cheto said:
"Muh anti semitusm"

They created Marxism? What the hell did Marx do, then? I'm genuinely curious.

Read between lines, what was the real name of Marx and from where he was?

Knight 361 759
  • 23 May
 wierHL

I think the large influx of players caused a boom in new forum topics which makes everything harder to manage. You probably got unlucky and a mod in a bad mood caught your topic. These forums seem mostly ok to me. I usually don't go to Steam forums, I can imagine the Mordhau group there is a bit more of a shitshow.

Btw I recommend sticking around and looking out for community servers. The people who overuse slurs (be it from genuine racism or just to derail discussion or antagonize people) generally end up shitting up the entire chat and server admins don't like that in my experience. At some point it interferes with playing the game and server dynamic.