Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Still Erroneously Banned After the 5/22 Revoke

3 0
  • 22 May '19
 FoggyDewhurst

https://steamcommunity.com/id/FoggyDewhurst/

Wrote an email, too. Just want to follow a mod's advice from another thread and do both.

I just want to say that in nine years of being on Steam I've never used cheat software in a game nor do I intend to start doing so. I genuinely believe there is no fun or sport in cheating in an online game.

As in my email, I want to again give Triternion full permission to remove Mordhau from my library AND keep the money I spent on the game in exchange for at least removing the slander from my Steam profile, should they decide to continue my ban.

777 1031
  • 22 May '19
 smellycathawk

Yeah 2000 bans lol what a joke. As if that many players would be cheating in some meaningful way.

It honestly seems like they want to botch their premature success.

3 0
  • 22 May '19
 FoggyDewhurst

Well, my ban got revoked and I am very appreciative of that courtesy. Despite that, I'm playing it safe from this point forward and not touching this game again, as much as I enjoyed it. One game is not worth the risk of slander being attached to your Steam profile.

777 1031
  • 24 May '19
 smellycathawk

@FoggyDewhurst said:
Well, my ban got revoked and I am very appreciative of that courtesy. Despite that, I'm playing it safe from this point forward and not touching this game again, as much as I enjoyed it. One game is not worth the risk of slander being attached to your Steam profile.

Thank you for your service.

I can't understand how being randomly banned for no apparent reason out of the
blue would be a problem of any kind for anyone.

I feel totally secure with my game knowing thousands of random players could get banned for no reason at any point in time. Really makes me want to invest my time here

988 6974
  • 24 May '19
 marox — Project Lead

@FoggyDewhurst said:

We are still tweaking our detection, but we're going to be playing it much more safe from here on, to prevent any further incidents like the current one. We make mistakes, but we always do everything we can to fix things as soon as possible. We've revoked bans automatically to most affected, leaving a handful of edge cases. Everyone that got in touch with us, we've cleared the issue up, there's absolutely no risk here. Apologies, but we simply cast too wide of a net with our initial ban wave, we've learned from that and adapted both our approach to detection as well as our way of acting upon that information.