Mordhau

After playing the Maul every other weapon feels like shit.

78 46
  • 22 May
 Cheto

I don't know why but that is how I feel at least in Frontline since I despise duels because of the feint spam simulator they are. I tried more weapons for example the ones that cost 11 and they feel so underwhelming because they cost so much points and can't even do the damage the maul does... and with the maul I get to wear full plate armor and 1 hit kill anything...

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel is the best weapon in the game currently.

Knight 61 42
  • 22 May
 Optimates

Yes you are wrong, the maul is a remarkably average weapon. The thing that really holds it back is hit stop. You get amongst a bunch of really well armoured opponents and then go for a glorious swing only to mash the backside of some Archer standing next to you, not even doing lethal damage because, only headshots are a one hit KO against all armour types.

Unlike our friend the executioner sword.

It's okay in a 1v1 against unskilled opponents, that's it's niche I feel.

Count 131 218
  • 22 May
 Pariah

Maul is average at best. It's a one trick pony with poor reach, no combo & telegraphed swings.

It can be used effectively, but it's not even close to some other top-tiers like the eveningstar or halberd.

81 88
  • 22 May
 Xanith

Exec > maul, the one shot on heavy armor isn't worth it with the lack of range and speed. Give me the eveningstar or a mace over it any day.

385 578
  • 22 May
 smug

the maul is a worse evening star

78 46
  • 22 May
 Cheto

I don't know why but i do worse with Executioner or with other weapons that are "similar" to it, it just doesn't feel like they do damage... And the higher cost weapons for me are not worth it... i don't think is worth droping defense over a weapon that doesn't even do the damage of lower cost weapons. Maybe for super pros that never get hit is better but in that case they could even do better with the maul than myself...

6 29
  • 22 May
 Masat

it's your playstyle. there's plenty of people ready to prove you wrong. maul is average. yet it is fun as hell to use. just do your thing, so many weapons in this game are viable and cater to different niches. it's not always about using best-in-slot weapons.

133 167
  • 22 May
 Atlas-D

I despise duels because of the feint spam simulator they are

Bad detected

Count 131 218
  • 22 May
 Pariah

@Masat said:
it's your playstyle. there's plenty of people ready to prove you wrong. maul is average. yet it is fun as hell to use. just do your thing, so many weapons in this game are viable and cater to different niches. it's not always about using best-in-slot weapons.

Also this.

Yeah Maul is average, but if you play enough of it to master it you'll be hard to beat regardless. If it's what you enjoy then go nuts, play whatever feels right to you.

523 566
  • 22 May
 Deadmode

The Maul is powerful and oftentimes fun, but to offset that 1-tap ability and stam drain, it has major flaws.

• Very short range
  • Very slow
  • Telegraphed swings (easy to spot feints too)
  • Hitstop weapon so missing headshots or hitting wrong people in 1vX opens you up
  • Cannot combo

Its short range means that you're facehugging most of the time and you have to get right in the thick of the action, which also increases your risk of receiving team damage. A skilled Evening Star player can keep you out of range too and can combo his whiffs.

I play Maul for the lols, but if I want to deal serious blunt damage in 1vX then I always pick the Evening Star.

Some people mentioning the Executioners sword as a better option too, but again, the Executioner's Sword is like the Maul, whereas the Greatsword is like the Evening Star; a far superior option...but...

@Masat said:

+1 here from me too.

Do your thing and just have fun!

942 293

i got the maul and ended the first match i had with it with -23 kills its great if you want to wipe out team mates

777 1029

The best thing about maul is being as close as you can get to someone and not being able to hit them when they are turned around, even when they are standing still, and if you wear heavy armor you literally cannot hit someone who is running away from you if they are in lighter armor. Especially if they are running around a rock or something. Yur just helpless lol

13 9
  • 22 May
 Skaatje

@Antoniokontos said:
i got the maul and ended the first match i had with it with -23 kills its great if you want to wipe out team mates

Nice! xD

78 46
  • 22 May
 Cheto

@Atlas-D said:

Bad detected

Bad at what exactly? at predicting the future?, at luck?

Don't be stupid.

78 46
  • 22 May
 Cheto

@Antoniokontos said:

Lol i go 25+ with maul, it is funny how some people are bad with some weapons and others don't, i swear i can't play weapons like the messer or other stuff people swear on.

78 46
  • 22 May
 Cheto

I think it really has to do with playstyles and that some weapons feel more confortable to some people than othets etc, i guess i would have to accept that conclusion, also I'm gonna try the evening star as asuggestion since it popped up multiple times here.

Knight 34 30
  • 22 May
 Oatmate

@Cheto said:

@Atlas-D said:

Bad detected

Don't be stupid.

Bad at playing the game

523 566
  • 22 May
 Deadmode

@Cheto said:
Lol i go 25+ with maul, it is funny how some people are bad with some weapons and others don't, i swear i can't play weapons like the messer or other stuff people swear on.

https://streamable.com/mwl31

942 293

@Cheto said:

@Antoniokontos said:

yeah, I went -23 kills 14 deaths and 34 assists lol I remember it cause it gave me no xp and no gold in the end

109 165
  • 22 May
 Speak

@Cheto said:

@Atlas-D said:

Bad detected

Don't be stupid.

Are you seriously suggesting that top-scorers in duel servers are simply blessed with insane luck by the cosmos?