Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Weapon visible attack range is wrong

9 6
  • 22 May '19
 IngloriousBastard

Look of most of weapons doesn't conform with theirs real strike range. Opponent's sword looks short, but suddenly is long enough to reach you. Spears and poleaxes are looking shorter too -- no matter they are in your hands or not.

So you cannot trust the visible picture. You can get used to it, but it is quite strange to play.

48 28
  • 22 May '19
 Velindian

Executioner's sword especially has this issue. Even on a good connection it's actual reach extends 10 or so centimeters beyond it's end. Also, a lot of the times higher latency players (by just being in the server), can make ghost hitboxes very noticable. As well as cause thrusts that clearly whiffed to register, and one's that did visually connect sometimes go straight through enemies. The latter issue occuring in instances of rapid or spontanious movement.

17 12
  • 22 May '19
 Sgt.Nightfire

It's the fish eye lens that the high FOV gives.

48 28
  • 22 May '19
 Velindian

It's not just that, i've seen it happen in third person at really low ping. Even stood still to test the range on executioner's relative to the greatsword, and it is noticably longer than it looks mechanically.

9 6
  • 22 May '19
 IngloriousBastard

This happens not only to ExecSword, but also to several more weapons, especially pole-based.

2428 4937
  • 22 May '19
 Maci

Never seen this happen in 400 hours of playtime other than when huge desyncs happen. You may just be underestimating the lunge.

4 2
  • 23 May '19
 ChairGraveyard

It's definitely not just FOV, the 25ft dagger effect is extremely obvious when there is any ping discrepancy or high ping players on the server.

8 0
  • 23 May '19
 Sutr

I think ping and desynch are causing alot of issues when it comes to measuring range as well but yeah I notice it with the executioner sword alot.

1757 1417
  • 23 May '19
 Rergato

There’s a lunge mechanic, gotta keep that in mind.

Duke 554 949
  • 23 May '19
 Goatie

Yeah reading range to footwork in this game is a pain compared to chiv for some reason, and my fov in chiv was warped as hell. That being said I still have low hours compared to other alpha players.

Knight 337 778
  • 23 May '19
 AngelEyes

I've always hated distance judgement in this game it is in my opinion one of the worst parts about Mordhau. Chiv doens't feel this way and Warband doesn't feel this way. I hate lunge.

Playing the game for hundreds of hours helps sure, but I still get those moments where a guy who looks like he is a halberds reach away hits me with his cleaver as I'm backpaddling.

8 0
  • 24 May '19
 Sutr

@AngelEyes said:
I've always hated distance judgement in this game it is in my opinion one of the worst parts about Mordhau. Chiv doens't feel this way and Warband doesn't feel this way. I hate lunge.

Playing the game for hundreds of hours helps sure, but I still get those moments where a guy who looks like he is a halberds reach away hits me with his cleaver as I'm backpaddling.

I think lunge is a good idea but with the servers the way there are in its causing huge problems.

9 6
  • 27 May '19
 IngloriousBastard

what is this 'lunge'?

8 0
  • 27 May '19
 Sutr

when you attack you move forward faster than normal its necessary so people can't just keep back pedaling. How much of a speed up I can't say for sure or even when it starts in the attack because of my ping and packet loss issues I can't tell the difference between the lunge and desynch but its there.

Mercenary 225 567
  • 27 May '19
 Izıl

Lunge.