Mordhau

Any way to get a refund?

58 28
  • 22 May '19
 NumidianPikeman

.... i dont appreciate the recent nerfs and penalties on shields.

i argued desperately in steam comments. I got overwhelmed by casuals and naggers, I got banned, And they still got changed.

I am annoyed. It is now too easy for 2 handers to do their Jumping and dragging around shield acts.
is there a way to retrieve my funds. I dont find mordhau fun anymore.

Curtailing to the 2 hander public where they get 30+ kills by spamming Estocs, spears, zweis, or Executioners...
while having collision for shield reduced at already short range penalty with a bastard sword doesnt sit well with me.

49 44
  • 22 May '19
 TrustyWays

Shields still work well and I think it still is too op, top guy in duel yards are still shieldeddudes and kicks are still a joke.

If you rage over a balance, well, that's quite sad. You can easily be on the top of the scoreboard with it.

I hope you remember the shield and LS nerf on chivalry, it was worst.

16 2
  • 22 May '19
 GenuineProdigy

Once you either go over the 2 hour timer or 2 week purchase period, you're playing the lottery with Steam support. That is, unless the game is utterly broke and unplayable for a large chunk of players, such as, Arkham Night's release. But if you want my opinion, you're not going to get a refund from Steam for not liking a patch.

56 136
  • 22 May '19
 k0dlak

Steam won't refund you just because you're bad at the game, sorry.

67 40
  • 22 May '19
 Kuro1n

You can't get your money back because you didn't like balance changes.

527 573
  • 22 May '19
 Deadmode

@NumidianPikeman said:
.... i dont appreciate the recent nerfs and penalties on shields.

i argued desperately in steam comments. I got overwhelmed by casuals and naggers, I got banned, And they still got changed.

I am annoyed. It is now too easy for 2 handers to do their Jumping and dragging around shield acts.
is there a way to retrieve my funds. I dont find mordhau fun anymore.

Curtailing to the 2 hander public where they get 30+ kills by spamming Estocs, spears, zweis, or Executioners...
while having collision for shield reduced at already short range penalty with a bastard sword doesnt sit well with me.

Bastard sword is an EXTREMELY viable weapon in this game, especially in duels. Stop holding your shield up all the time and people won't attack around it. There are pros and cons to all equipment in this game, shields are no exception.

I'm sorry, but whilst I agree that the balance isn't 100% perfect (mainly the kick range buff vs shields), players with shield + 1h can still do very well providing they use the right techniques and understand the limitations of their build.

But there are plenty of topics discussing shields, so let's not have another one. You're asking for a refund because you don't like a patch. That is not a valid reason for a refund at all.

4 0
  • 23 May '19
 dan_foley

This is not how it works. There is no reason for refund

Knight 108 141

@TrustyWays said:
Shields still work well and I think it still is too op, top guy in duel yards are still shieldeddudes and kicks are still a joke.

If you rage over a balance, well, that's quite sad. You can easily be on the top of the scoreboard with it.

I hope you remember the shield and LS nerf on chivalry, it was worst.

I assume you are purposefully trolling. Shield is garbage atm. Good players can get medium-level scores with it.

Who are the "top guys" in duel yards that main shield? Never seen them.

Knight 7768 14309
  • 23 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

You could google Steam's refund policy, but judging from your post I doubt you're capable of that.

Conscript 824 1673
  • 23 May '19
 ohshitsorry

I respect the way you insult people.

777 1031
  • 24 May '19
 smellycathawk

If shields stayed the same everyone but you would be making this post.

199 207
  • 25 May '19
 Atlas-D

Well sorry, high-skill strategies are more likely to be more powerful rather than low skill ones (in a well designed game) so either deal with it or cry us a river

162 125
  • 25 May '19
 Schwarzchild

hopefully devs makes the shield more indepth by adding a new mechanic,etc

777 1031
  • 26 May '19
 smellycathawk

@Atlas-D said:
Well sorry, high-skill strategies are more likely to be more powerful rather than low skill ones (in a well designed game) so either deal with it or cry us a river

you would hope so but currently getting a killing spree going on a horse requires little more than 2 brain cells to rub together.

Empress 382 896
  • 27 May '19
 Soulcatcher

I really don't understand why you want a refund just because shield players are easier, well not easier, quicker to kill now if they just hold block and don't watch what their opponent is doing.

You are aware that by playing without a shield you actually have to experience the entire combat system yeah? It is pretty good, maybe give it a try, it's fun.

777 1031
  • 27 May '19
 smellycathawk

@Soulcatcher said:
I really don't understand why you want a refund just because shield players are easier, well not easier, quicker to kill now if they just hold block and don't watch what their opponent is doing.

You are aware that by playing without a shield you actually have to experience the entire combat system yeah? It is pretty good, maybe give it a try, it's fun.

I think he's a dumbass. But the devs are also dumbasses for shipping the game with such obvious mechanical flaws that clearly needed to be changed in the first place.

I can't blame a player for buying what they expect to be a finished game, only for it to turn out that's not entirely the case.

Mercenary 2192 3908
  • 27 May '19
 EruTheTeapot

I will pass this to Lazy to consider.

King 2430 3414

Guys dont be assholes, people are allowed to criticize the game and changes

Anyhow sorry it turned out this way but i think devs are planning later on to adress shields with a rework to make them more viable as more than hold down block,

I had some suggestions on shield rework before and hope it gets some traction or additions to better the use of shields in game without breaking or full nerfing them, making the gameplay on it change enough to be rewarding based on your skill, timing, and decision making/observation

70 60
  • 1 Jun '19
 Yadyoy

Have you considered that feints were barely an issue for shield users prior to the kick buff against blocking shields? You could simply backpedal and hold block and it would be damn near impossible to kick anyone blocking with a shield. Shields still heavily affect outnumbered fights where a far superior player goes up against 2 or 3 noob players because there is absolutely no time to kick a shield in an outnumbered scenario what-so-ever.

Now you're upset because you can't block every attack, are required to aim at attacks precisely, and be wary of kicks? Do you want any mechanics in your game, or do you want me to turn god mode on for you, snowflake. Pathetic considering how many benefits a shield gives you not only in melee combat, but against ranged and cavalry as well. I'm not a shield user and never will be because it's a crutch I don't want to rely on when I play this beautiful game.

My advice would be to play a different game, preferably a single player rpg, you know, something more your speed.

36 24
  • 2 Jun '19
 MoMoMonsterkill

wow sorry, earlier I flamed someone for the "Most pathetic post in the forum"....should have been more patient with my award.