Mordhau

Competitive Matchmaking destroys games

44 55
  • 21 May '19
 Zherot

Don't implement any sort of ranking in this game, multiplayer games don't need this addition it only divides the community and incentivices crap like account selling, smurfing and other cancerous activities.

There is no point in dividing the community in "rankings" people that is good will remain good no matter what but people that is not will never be able to improve because they will be always separated from the good players and this they will become "trapped" in a rank.

Ranks never do anything good for multiplayer games but encourage toxicity and unnecesary división and control.

What control? Well mmr systems tend to cheat and they are rigged in the name of "fair play" i don't need a game rigging muy games in muy favor or against me, if im gonna be beaten so bad by good players so be it, i prefer that than rigged mmr systems that never makes people improve.

142 223
  • 21 May '19
 DylanS_98

I want competitive modes.

44 55
  • 21 May '19
 Zherot

@DylanS_98 said:

Why? Give me a good fucking reason.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 21 May '19
 Huggles

@Zherot said:

@DylanS_98 said:

Why? Give me a good fucking reason.

Cus it's fun to be competitive.

Duke 41 95
  • 21 May '19
 Teabag

MMR systems could make team balancing in other modes better. Besides, it was a promise of the Kickstarter campaign, I seriously doubt they'll abandon it.
1e06a12839526e5c7052226b3e30b3fb_original.png

404 607
  • 21 May '19
 smug

Possibly the only reason I could think to NOT add ranked queues is that for most matchmaking systems you need a really large population playing to get fair matches. At lower player counts matchmaking starts to deteriorate at the higher ends of ELO and the bottom ends respectively.

A lot of games Mordhau's size have a lot of issues in terms of this and I think with the player base inevitably growing smaller after the launch novelty wears off it may be a problem. I've witnessed this first hand in Quake Champions where people were clamoring for a ranked duel/2v2 TDM queue, but after a while people simply stopped caring about it because there wasn't enough competition to support the queue. Ultimately if you wanted to play Quake Champions competitively for REAL you had to go through private discords for pugs/duels, which is what people will do in MordHau anyway and are probably already doing.

I don't think Duel is the most popular mode by any stretch in Mordhau, and it worries me that they want to include that first. Front Line which is the face of Mordhau to the average pleb needs a lot of work to make it more playable. Hell there isn't even consensus on what competitive team based Mordhau is, and thats really a big issue.

We could also get into an argument about how promoting a 1v1 ranked mode despite of all the potential for cool team formats is bad optics in the age when 1v1 games are either dead or rapidly dieing but thats a laborious thing. I think the dev team should shoot a little bit higher than replicating whatever the comp scene did in Chivalry, and actually try and make LTS an actual fun mode this time akin to Counterstrike(LTS with asymmetric objectives)

18 24
  • 21 May '19
 Shaw

@Zherot said:

There is no point in dividing the community in "rankings" people that is good will remain good no matter what but people that is not will never be able to improve because they will be always separated from the good players and this they will become "trapped" in a rank.

LMAO this guy. “People that is not (good) will never be able to improve...”

yEa gUyZ, pRaCtIcE dOeSnT mAkE u GoOd

957 312
  • 21 May '19
 Antoniokontos

id love a cosmetic rank system that affects here as in a title for doing well at the game or certain achievements awarding a flair wile a competitive match rank adds a title

237 215
  • 21 May '19
 recurf

You are soo wrong.
The only reason games like LOL and CSGO are still popular is because of their elo based rank systems.
I cant wait for ranked to come out, it will increase the quality of the games ten fold and give people and incentive to improve at the game.

Also if you want to pub stomp.... or get stomped? Normal games will still exist? So what is your problem really...

Knight 2306 4188
  • 21 May '19
 Runagate

Why are you saying such stupid things? You can still keep playing pubs and hanging out on duel servers. Competitive MM will be completely separate from "casual" modes (for the lack of a better word) so it will not affect your experience in any way whatsoever. Do you even think?

957 312
  • 21 May '19
 Antoniokontos

most games i know Comp modes are lower pop anyway i dont know how it would ruin a game never seen one ruined by a comp mode

• 21 May '19
 Rergato
This comment was deleted.
1757 1417
  • 21 May '19
 Rergato

@Shaw said:

@Zherot said:

LMAO this guy. “People that is not (good) will never be able to improve...”

yEa gUyZ, pRaCtIcE dOeSnT mAkE u GoOd

To be honest, he’s making a valid point. Chivalry had this problem by having level 0-15 servers... they’d quit by the time they hit 16, lol.

Maybe when matchmaking comes, they can add an option (that has a cool-down or something like that) that allows you to matchmake for matches against higher-ranking players, that’ll boost you into their rank if you happen to win?

Doesn’t matter honestly, if people wanna practice they can just go on normal servers.

Conscript 76 108
  • 21 May '19
 KineticWolf

I want to know who is the best, in direct quantification. We need a ranked duel ladder for this. Tournaments too, but I'm not sure there will be interest in esport dueling. In which case only ranked will cater to my goals.

31 32
  • 21 May '19
 Saoirse

I'm all for competitive as it definitely expands the life of games I feel because people will constantly strive to improve keeping them playing longer.

Just have two matchmakings:

• Casual - Everyone plays together regardless of rank (what we have now).
  • Ranked - Competitive mode where you are matched based on some form of MMR.

Everyone is still going to still be able to play and learn in server browser so I don't think your concern of people getting trapped in MMR is going to be an issue, it will only matter for the few modes of competitive matchmaking. Plus competitive likely isn't going to have Frontline so most players will still mingle in Frontline.

957 312
  • 22 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@KineticWolf said:
I want to know who is the best, in direct quantification. We need a ranked duel ladder for this. Tournaments too, but I'm not sure there will be interest in esport dueling. In which case only ranked will cater to my goals.

that would be cool to know the best duelist in the world and if you see them in normal servers you know to team up on them lol

Knight 61 42
  • 22 May '19
 Optimates

Competitive matchmaking does make people angry, bitter and often times it can make the otherwise silly and lighthearted gameplay very unfun... But you can choose not to play it and just play unranked? as is with every competitive game ever...

So I don't see why you're complaining.

11 10
  • 22 May '19
 ArmouredTopHat

If you don't want competitive then don't play it, simple as.

This level of pontificating is frustrating.

Knight 61 42
  • 22 May '19
 Optimates

@ArmouredTopHat said:

That word is complete irony.

11 10
  • 22 May '19
 ArmouredTopHat

@Optimates said:

@ArmouredTopHat said:

That word is complete irony.

While true, I think my words don't match the complete sense of perceived self importance the op has.