Mordhau

Pole Axe Range

1089 1718

@smellycathawk said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I think a slight speed buff to main mode slashes would be in order. The weapon feels sluggish when trying to fight multiple people. The stabs may be the opposite, too fast but I would appreciate a slight speed buff to specifically slashes even if this takes away from it's drags.

Just make it like every other axe in the game then...

No

But it is an axe, and more specifically an axe on a pole.

Empress 359 850
  • 24 May
 Soulcatcher

I'm on the ropes with Poleaxe lately, it's still one of my favourite weapons

Atleast with how I play, it excells with it's stabs to the head, two of those and someones dead. I feel like the stabs can be dragged or accellerated and in general manipulated very well.

The alt mode is great for fighting T3 opponenets, or anyone in general. The alt modes stab is quicker than the regular mode, but the swings a bit slower.

I think it's fair to say it's a great head stabbing weapon, but it's range, speed, and draggability kinda outweigh the benefit of it's powerful stabs and headshot damage

Would be nice to try it with a moderate increase in range on the normal grip, and a very slight increase on the alternate grip.

My 2 cents

777 1029

@smellycathawk said:

I think a slight speed buff to main mode slashes would be in order. The weapon feels sluggish when trying to fight multiple people. The stabs may be the opposite, too fast but I would appreciate a slight speed buff to specifically slashes even if this takes away from it's drags.

No

Ya but there is a hammer on the other side. It should behave more like a polehammer than a battleaxe. Slow and hard hitting which bites into armor like greatsword don't, slower but with really good stabby stabby.

I like the balance they are going for, it is currently harder to use and maybe even less rewarding, but it's one of the most satisfying things to land delays with, especially with the hammer side.

The other axes are a bit boring to play for me. If it is underpowered in some way, can buff it without totally changing its niche imo

25 41
  • 25 May
 machinegod

@smellycathawk said:

No

This is pretty tangential, but a pollaxe isn't required to have an axe head on it, actually. Poleaxe is a more modern word but it isn't strictly accurate if you take it at face value.

Some of you will call this a lucerne hammer or a bec de corbin, but its really just a different name for a pollaxe:
test.jpg
https://myarmoury.com/othr_aa_bec.html

For the actual pollaxe buff, I think that making it longer is good. Maybe something GS length. Maybe focus on its stab potential over drags.

82 89
  • 25 May
 Xanith

Agreed, too short and slow for how little damage it does. Reduce point cost or increase damage, especially the blunt side.

1089 1718

You are mistaken if you think a polehammer should be slow. And yes the alt side feels very unrewarding to land hits with unless you're getting head shots... I think it's kind of absurd that choking it higher gives you a slower swing on the alt side.... alt side gets even faster stabs which is fair but why should it be slower swings?

Just an arbitrary change to reinforce it's usefulness in killing armor and prevent you from using it on lighter load outs so they can run away from it better.

25 41
  • 26 May
 machinegod

The pollax alt mode is for guaranteeing 3HTK when your opponent has T2 leg armor. Getting a hit on T2 Leg armor will cause the pollax to be a 4HTK weapon.

32 25
  • 27 May
 Borschik

Why use a poleaxe instead of a greatsword? All greatsword stats are better (only greatsword stab is slower, but alt mode is faster)

Count 131 219
  • 27 May
 Pariah

Billhook is just better in every respect in terms of point efficiency, it's 5 points and does so much work.

Having a switchable blunt head is a nice feature, but it's not worth the range reduction, extra combo time and the extra 2 points.

I'd love for the poleaxe to feel more like the el classico from chiv personally. That thing was a beast and so fun to play with.

Current poleaxe is just meh.

777 1029

I don't know why the secondary doesn't just keep the same speed and range but apply blunt damage instead?

Tbh the secondary mode mechanic seems gimmicky af. You should be able to switch between modes mid combo with a fucking axe or something. It is literally just hitting with the other side of the head. Why does this simple action take so much time to perform?

Count 131 219
  • 27 May
 Pariah

@smellycathawk said:
I don't know why the secondary doesn't just keep the same speed and range but apply blunt damage instead?

Tbh the secondary mode mechanic seems gimmicky af. You should be able to switch between modes mid combo with a fucking axe or something. It is literally just hitting with the other side of the head. Why does this simple action take so much time to perform?

Man it would be sooo much fun if you could switch between blunt and sharp mid combo, especially if the speed changes were more noticeable.

That'd be a fair trade-off for everything else that sucks about it.

5 4

Patch #7 and the only thing they did, is reducing the cost from 7 to 6.....thats it
The thing still sucks but costs 1 point fewer. GS and Zweihänder still have (unlogically) way more reach than the Poleaxe
The Dev's really dont give a shit about this weapon

18 21
  • 8 Jun
 Breidr

@HansTragarsky said:
Patch #7 and the only thing they did, is reducing the cost from 7 to 6.....thats it
The thing still sucks but costs 1 point fewer. GS and Zweihänder still have (unlogically) way more reach than the Poleaxe
The Dev's really dont give a shit about this weapon

Which is a real shame. I wanted to give it a go, but the GS is just better. Now if I take it I get one point back. Now I just ask myself "is the bandage worth it?'

No, no it isn't, the greatsword is just that great.