Mordhau

This is the worst game community i have ever joined

549 615
  • 20 May '19
 Deadmode

@Mackintoke said:
@Deadmode Conspiracy theory? What the fuck are you talking about. And quit defending SJWs you moron.

See what I mean? You come across like an immature child, especially using terms like 'SJW'. The fact that people can't debate a topic without just resorting to insults is pathetic. Great social skills.

And by 'conspiracy theory', I'm referring to @Botas repeated narrative on this forum that the developers have a secret bias against his preferred playstyle.

26 31
  • 20 May '19
 Cro

In contast to OP I find the absence of heavy regulation in this community on of it's best aspects.

It's sad that some people got so used to the constant censoring and moderation in today's world they can't cope without it.

There's always safe-space websites like reddit that you can join if you don't like this forum and other people already pointed out how to deal with in-game trolls.

The devs should focus on improving the gameplay and add more content. That is all that really matters for a game.

Do you remember that kid that always destroyed your sandcastles when you were little? How did you deal with that?

Conscript 76 108
  • 20 May '19
 KineticWolf

@Sgt.Nightfire said:

@Runagate said:
Official server rules apply to official servers, not to community servers. Community servers can moderate however they want to.

If words on a game chat bother you much, you can turn the chat off. Also, an optional chat filter will be added soontm.

I wouldn't let edgy children stop me from having fun with this game if I were you. Of course, it is different if people are griefing on duel servers etc. In that case I recommend you keep looking for better servers.

Im not talking about the racism in chat, coulden't care less about that, it's the community defending it in spaces like steam. "it's just words", not its not. There is no thing as freedom of speech on the internet.

There is freedom in whatever the people who own the servers allow.

41 30
  • 20 May '19
 RoninTheRonin

@Sgt.Nightfire said:
I have to say, this has been the worst game community i have joined.

And i mean with how it is overall, trolls, abusive server owners (see this screenshot after i told a guy to stop attacking on sight in a duel server, he said he was the server owner, i told him he very likely is not. And that screenshot was a second or two later. (i want a response from dev btw, if server owners can be this abusive, i don't care if it's his own server and his rules, he was breaking the official mordhau server rules with his actions).

Frontline mode is being trolled by people blocking the spawn, duel servers have trolls building stakes or throwing firepots around or just attack on sight. I just saw a group of people, all clothed in red, join a duel server and attack on sight and the server was emptied out in a few minutes as no admin was there.

But what shocks me the most is the overall behavior of people and their responses in justifying toxic behavior that can bring down a game's community. Who the hell would defend racism even if they are just trolling? Well, A LOT it seems. If there is no real chance in this, i'm not gonna play this game for long.

may I know what went through your head? ok so you had a dislike for the community that's fine so what do you do? You tell them... in the middle of the forums... with a thread you made... cha cha real smooth.

but on a more positive note: the duel server named Haven with 24 slots has lot's of mods and a community build on the discord. if there is ever one to troll or brake duel rules you can notice people of it in the discord. This kinda depends if you are on eu or na but the server is EU.

and tbh, I really don't have felt the same way as you. people have been nice and salty, the community as a whole is nice and salty at the same time. that is a statement that is just wrong, it is a hastily made generalization. It sucks you had to endure some bad matches, but it's a game. you can always turn off chat or look for servers that have active mods or such. you can't blame the game nor the community for a couple of individuals with no sympathy in their heart.

37 49
  • 20 May '19
 Deckard112

@Goatie said:
Man the sheer variety of people you meet is what makes these games beautiful. The banter, the toxic aggressive edgelords, the nice dudes talking about the combat or random subjects, they all make it so no match I enter is ever the same. The shittalkers just make me play harder. Engineer trolls are annoying too yeah but you get people like that in any game, if people can find ways to be annoying they will. No use blaming it on the 'community' when most people are nice dudes.

This.

1827 1915
  • 20 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

The community here consists of the most beautiful weirdos and the most egotistical assholes. Sometimes you meet the former, sometimes the latter.
A post like yours is bound to lure in trolls.

40 31
  • 20 May '19
 six

I mean ppl talk about how there’s no way you can stop ppl from saying bad stuff but other games do it all the time so that’s untrue. Ppl just don’t care

Knight 399 870
  • 20 May '19
 Alphonse

@Cro said:
In contast to OP I find the absence of heavy regulation in this community on of it's best aspects.

It's sad that some people got so used to the constant censoring and moderation in today's world they can't cope without it.

There's always safe-space websites like reddit that you can join if you don't like this forum

The lack of regulation is not caused by a "no rules" sort of rule being in place (quite the opposite) but rather because there is hardly an active moderation at this moment. Let me just remind you the game released without a "Support" subsection (a common practice, so technical issues don't flood game discussion), an "Alpha" section and that the latest stickied Patch notes date to 2 patches ago just to name a couple instances.

Regarding the "freshness" of no rules, I'll just present my own experience. I was a mod for a huge forum that set out to create a place with no rules (only things not allowed was CP and flooding). It was fun at first and I poured my life into it because I loved the discussions. People could call staff the worse and there were no punishments. You could shop a photo of my mom's face eating dicks and I could not do anything. I met lots of great people (even 2 gfs lol) and lots of friends. 7 years later and "free speech" took its toll on the population. From tens of thousands of users, only a minority of recalcitrant edgy assholes remained. They didn't bother to discuss shit any more. They just used the place to chat between themselves and shitpost all day long. The active population decreased, new users were semi automatically rejected and only very few "thick skinned" masochists / autists stayed after the cold welcome.

I've seen the same thing happen to the Chivalry subreddit and the driest periods of the Mordhau alpha, so I would not recommend it as a guideline for a healthy community considering the people that are currently active in the forum. Yes, you will probably be the only few that remain. It doesn't mean it should turn into YOUR safe place to be racist, unreasonably edgy or toxic.

toxic is a buzzword

Funny how x is a buzzword has slowly turned into an empty "buzzword" (buzzphrase?) of its own. You just play that card and are excused from even explaining your point of view.

96 128
  • 20 May '19
 Reapy

It's interesting people don't really look to the real world for examples as they do stuff online, when it's the same thing. We don't throw people in jail for what they say (mostly) but there are consequences depending on your social circle. Each of us has a definition of what is nice and pleasant to be around, but that doesn't always line up with other people's view of what is nice.

Good server's are like a small town community. You may be able throw out any language around your friends, but out in public typically people watch what they say or face some difficulties. It's up to the server and people on the server to decide what is acceptable and to create the atmosphere that they want within the server.

In the example of the first post here, that's just a community OP doesn't want to be a part of. The server owner likes to random and kick with comments like that. It's his town though, so maybe you don't drive through there anymore and go to the next one over. If that admin keeps it up, his server will be a place for like minded people to play, and great.

The best thing the devs can do is to facilitate mod tools and a legitimate duel mode, as they are doing I believe. A good duel mode will make it almost impossible to interrupt the game flow, and mod tools will allow the creation of server panels that will help auto mod when nobody is on.

So if you aren't making one of those tools the best thing we can do besides that is to foster a positive attitude by being an example of such. We can yell at people and try to say why what they said and did is bad, but in the end the people doing it either love the reaction and/or don't care. Most people who type out 'toxic' chat know exactly that it is toxic, so why bother pointing it out to them or even complaining about it?

It will always be present, so it's up to us to build tools and run well moderated servers to manage it all. Right now I think the strongest communities are on the duel servers and there are already several NA ones that do have good moderation and a friendly atmosphere, and it's up to us to keep it that way.

And all we have to do to win is keep showing up and not be an asshole.

26 31
  • 20 May '19
 Cro

@Alphonse said:
Regarding the "freshness" of no rules, I'll just present my own experience. I was a mod for a huge forum that set out to create a place with no rules (only things not allowed was CP and flooding). It was fun at first and I poured my life into it because I loved the discussions. People could call staff the worse and there were no punishments. You could shop a photo of my mom's face eating dicks and I could not do anything. I met lots of great people (even 2 gfs lol) and lots of friends. 7 years later and "free speech" took its toll on the population. From tens of thousands of users, only a minority of recalcitrant edgy assholes remained. They didn't bother to discuss shit any more. They just used the place to chat between themselves and shitpost all day long. The active population decreased, new users were semi automatically rejected and only very few "thick skinned" masochists / autists stayed after the cold welcome.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. The internet constantly envolves. Things become stale and boring, new things pop up. People move on.
This has nothing to do with free speech or (lack of) regulation/moderation.

I don't mind that there are places that are heavily moderated but I'd rather not be part of it.
Only freedom of speech allows for true equality.

26 31
  • 20 May '19
 Cro

@Reapy said:
It's interesting people don't really look to the real world for examples as they do stuff online, when it's the same thing.

I don't know about you but I play games precisely because they are not like the real world and allow me to experience things I could never have in real life.

150 58
  • 20 May '19
 Botas

@Deadmode said:

@Mackintoke said:
@Deadmode Conspiracy theory? What the fuck are you talking about. And quit defending SJWs you moron.

See what I mean? You come across like an immature child, especially using terms like 'SJW'. The fact that people can't debate a topic without just resorting to insults is pathetic. Great social skills.

And by 'conspiracy theory', I'm referring to @Botas repeated narrative on this forum that the developers have a secret bias against his preferred playstyle.

Fuck off SJW.

Mercenary 1888 7056
  • 20 May '19
 ThunderDuck

I've been playing probably 20 hours of duel mode since the game launched and I've never encountered a single griefer, troll or abusive server admin.

11 9
  • 20 May '19
 SirDiesalot

@Botas said:

@Deadmode said:

@Mackintoke said:

Fuck off SJW.

Wow. Such eloquence.
Please, if you disagree with someone, use arguments. Not insults. If the other person does not listen to your arguments, then stop talking to them. People insulting others and using rude language over minor disagreements is why this and so many other communities on the internet are so toxic and unpleasant.

4 3
  • 20 May '19
 Rawrzor

To be honest so far i have only had 3 people being rude. The rest have been ok or outright friendly even and this in 60 hours gameplay.

As a friendly tip i would not waste too much time with writing with people or trolls you don't like as every letter is a wasted effort most of the time.

Allot of people here write to get a thick skin which is a good idea so you don't frustrate yourself too much. That said they somewhat condone assholes their behavior which isn't a good attitude as well.

Overall i can only say look for the friendly people there are plenty of them and let the kids talk to themselves mostly the fun dies quick when you don't respond.

777 1031
  • 20 May '19
 smellycathawk

If this offends you kys

96 128
  • 20 May '19
 Reapy

@Cro said:

@Reapy said:
It's interesting people don't really look to the real world for examples as they do stuff online, when it's the same thing.

I don't know about you but I play games precisely because they are not like the real world and allow me to experience things I could never have in real life.

True, and me too. I meant it more though along the lines of people are always people. Even though we are doing different things, the way we socialize is still the same inside and out of the game. I wandered a bit in where I was going but was just trying to parallel that things that work IRL work online too in terms of managing behaviors and personalities.

43 36

If you are in your 30s and are getting bothered by the online world of today ...

Did you EVER play any online pc games before this decade?
This shit has been around since "competitive" multiplayer concept. People stopped playing for shits and giggles and started getting stressed out by this shit. So the trolls moved in and set up a permanent residence on the net to enjoy eating away at these peoples very lives.

Don't get bothered by shit on the net and get on with your day ... troll them back or just find a place you enjoy and play there.

I see no issue. It is as toxic as every other internet community with fanbois aka all of them.

17 12
  • 24 May '19
 Sgt.Nightfire

That means you are among the toxic immature man child's that post here as well. Do some of you ever leave your basement after mom brought you your cheetos?

Knight 7768 14315
  • 24 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Sgt.Nightfire said:
That means you are among the toxic immature man child's that post here as well. Do some of you ever leave your basement after mom brought you your cheetos?

"Stop being offended by retards who are trying to offend you"

"TOXIC MANCHILDREN BASEMENT DWELLING CHEETO EATING BLAHBLAH..."

lol