Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Serious Crashing Issue Needs Fixing ASAP

1 0
  • 19 May '19
 PotionSeller

First of all I just want to say this game is incredible and an absolute blast to play and I am thankful for the continued support and patches from the developers but I am having a lot of trouble with crashing with this game. I have no idea what it causing it but I have tried a few things to see if it would help but nothing. While I am playing (any game mode) the game tends to crash, either to the desktop or rebooting my PC entirely. It has only ever happened while playing this game. I am not the only person with this issue, here are links to other people having the same problem. Plenty of commenters saying they have the same problem too.

I have turned PhysX from my GPU to my CPU thinking that might help, still crashes.
Verified game cache, still crashes.
Turned down graphics settings, still crashes.
Run in windowed mode, still crashes.
Scanned for malware or viruses, computer is squeaky clean.
Checked temps of hardware while playing, everything is fine.
Checked CPU and GPU usage while playing, everything is fine.

The game can run from 5 minutes to 3 hours without crashing then suddenly my PC freezes for a second and then I'm met with the "Your PC has encountered a problem" screen while it reboots.

SPECS

• AMD Ryzen7 1700X
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce 1070ti 8GB
  • Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350-Gaming-CF (AM4)

The game runs buttery smooth with zero frame rate issues.

Thanks for reading, I hope there is a fix for this soon so I can play without worrying about losing all of my progress from any matches. I'm worried if I keep playing and having it reboot my PC every time it may damage my system so I'm going to stop playing for now.

19 10
  • 19 May '19
 101Dalmations

Same thing happens to me after last patch every game now.

2 0
  • 19 May '19
 Sezostris

Its also happening to me. I have bought this game a little over 2 hours ago. Went through tutorial without a single issue. However as soon as i tried to play multiplayer, im getting guaranteed crash after 5-10 minutes into match. Its always going like - screen freeze, music still playing - around 2 minutes later, music also going off - and finally games closes, and i see crash report. I barely managed to finish one match from 5 i tried to play. I have rather solid setup - Ryzen 2700X, GTX 1080Ti, 16 GB of RAM. Game itself is working silk smooth, never got less than 60-80 FPS. But its extremely unstable with constant crashes, which preventing me from playing. In case if anyone wonder - all drivers are updated, and not a single other game i play got any issues. I suspect that Unreal Engine 4 itself may have some issues with specific Ryzen architecture, but may be wrong of course. Actually, i dont have any other Unreal Engine 4 game to compare. I just would love to hear from devs if there is any hope for fix. Pretty dissapointed as a new player at this moment :(

67 40
  • 19 May '19
 Kuro1n

Getting crashes as well since last patch, when leaving matches or in middle of them.

Specs:
i7 8700
980 ti
3200mhz cl14 16gb

2 0
  • 20 May '19
 Sezostris

All right, an update for everyone still interested:
After digging into mine crash file, most interesting line of my error was:
"GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 120 secs"
Started googling it around, and apparently its old, very common issue plaguing every Unreal Engine 4 game: PUBG, Fortnite, Conan Exiles, etc.
After countless forum topics i finally found one, pretty simple solution. You have to disable any overlock You've applied to Your GPU. In case You didn't, You have to underclock Your graphic card a bit. It has WORKED for me - i just played few multiplayer matches without a single freeze or crash, and before i couldnt finish a single match. It seems UE4 for some weird unexplained reason is loosing stability above factory setting clocks on GPU. And im 100% sure my OC was completely stable, went through all the benchmarks long time ago, and was playing many demanding games for months (Black Desert Online, Anthem etc) with those settings without any problems.
Anyway, this solution worked for me, any many others in various other titles. Go into Your crash report, and if You have similiar line in it ("...GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread...") Its nearly guaranteed thats overlock issue. Hope its gonna help someone!

13 3
  • 10 Feb
 idrum4you

I also have the same issue. Very, very, very frustrating, been dealing with it with any game that runs on unreal engine 4. If you guys have any games that run on UE4 check it out and see if you get the same crash with the “failed to load shader library” errors. I bought Jedi Fallen Order around Christmas time and it crashes every 5 minutes with the same errors. With Mordhau I can get lucky and play a few games, but sometimes it crashes in 5-10 minutes as well. I’ve tried everything I’ve found on the internet including but not limited to:

• verifying game file integrity via steam
  • updating all hardware drivers
  • updating UE4
  • clean install of drivers using DDU
  • playing on lowest graphic settings
  • used AMD Radeon Software and MSI Afterburner to try stock clock speeds and underclocked speeds
  • all temps are nominal
  • running game and steam as administrator
  • clearing shader cache
  • launching the game with directX 12
  • setting the game “high priority” in task mgr
  • clean boot of windows
  • adding Mordhau as an exception to windows defender and firewall
  • tried not running any gpu software
  • some other small windows settings that I can’t remember but didn’t help lol

About to just say f*ck it and start replacing hardware til the problem is solved because god damn it this game is worth it. Would be nice not to have to spend that money though. Been looking for a fix for months!!!

My build:
CPU - AMD 6350 6-core 3.9GHz
Cooling - Corsair H80i GT
Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX pro
Graphics -ASUS Radeon R9 390 8GB
Power supply - Thermaltake 750w
OS - Windows 10
RAM - GSKILL Ripjaws X 32GB (8x4) DDR3 *i think
Hard drive - Samsung SSD 850 EVO

874 375

I think this Issue has to do something with GPU and graphics card. When I bought my CPU, my IT friend nerd said: "Buy one without graphics" so I got a xeon. This way, your PC will always know to use your graphics card rather than CPU.
There are ways to bridge onboard graphics and disable those GPU eventually.