Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Constant Crashing every 10-30 minutes

2 0
  • 17 May '19
 roque

Since buying the game, I can't go a match or two without crashing mid-match, which has only gotten worse with the most recent patch, barely allowing me to get through one. When the game crashes, it freezes, then after 5-10 minutes of not responding, it closes, without any crash log appearing.

My Specs: i7-8700k, 32 gb, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

Solutions I've tried:

• Verifying integrity of game files (many, many times)
  • Reinstalled the game (twice)
  • Reinstall, update, and rollback drivers (multiple times in varying order)
  • Changed graphics settings every which way (and its not the ragdolls)
  • Underclocked my GPU
  • Prioritized the games process in task manager
  • Close every unnecessary program while playing
  • Disabled discord hardware acceleration

At this point I might just wait it out for the next patch, but I wanted to make a post just in case there is a solution I haven't heard of yet.

1 0
  • 18 May '19
 JonasK

Same thing here. Also crashing on my Asus game republic, same specs... (even worse now, after patch update). Come guys, I love the game, but it's getting impossible to play.

9 1
2 0
  • 18 Jun '19
 MFCodiola

yup. everytime i get into a good server with good ping and no stuttering (which is hard to come by) i play for a match and then sometime in the next match it crashes in the middle of me having a great time. really needs to fix. i've tried taking it from fullscreen to borderless, verifying game files, etc. nothing is working

534 287
  • 18 Jun '19
 Gambit

Are you overclocked?

I have a signature

13 3
  • 10 Feb
 idrum4you

I also have the same issue. Very, very, very frustrating, been dealing with it with any game that runs on unreal engine 4. If you guys have any games that run on UE4 check it out and see if you get the same crash with the “failed to load shader library” errors. I bought Jedi Fallen Order around Christmas time and it crashes every 5 minutes with the same errors. With Mordhau I can get lucky and play a few games, but sometimes it crashes in 5-10 minutes as well. I’ve tried everything I’ve found on the internet including but not limited to:

• verifying game file integrity via steam
  • updating all hardware drivers
  • updating UE4
  • clean install of drivers using DDU
  • playing on lowest graphic settings
  • used AMD Radeon Software and MSI Afterburner to try stock clock speeds and underclocked speeds
  • all temps are nominal
  • running game and steam as administrator
  • clearing shader cache
  • launching the game with directX 12
  • setting the game “high priority” in task mgr
  • clean boot of windows
  • adding Mordhau as an exception to windows defender and firewall
  • tried not running any gpu software
  • some other small windows settings that I can’t remember but didn’t help lol

About to just say f*ck it and start replacing hardware til the problem is solved because god damn it this game is worth it. Would be nice not to have to spend that money though. Been looking for a fix for months!!!

My build:
CPU - AMD 6350 6-core 3.9GHz
Cooling - Corsair H80i GT
Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX pro
Graphics -ASUS Radeon R9 390 8GB
Power supply - Thermaltake 750w
OS - Windows 10
RAM - GSKILL Ripjaws X 32GB (8x4) DDR3 *i think
Hard drive - Samsung SSD 850 EVO